Skip to content

Oral and Dental Problems

New discussion Join group Also known as Bad Breath, Dental Problems, Dry Mouth, Halitosis, Mouth Problems, Taste Disorders, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ), Thrush - Oral, TMJ Disorder, Tonsil Stones, Toothache, Ulcer - Mouth

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • yungblake 1

Tonsil issues, bad breath, PND

I've had issues with tonsil stones for about a year and a half now, and I think I can trace it back to my chronic post-nasal drip and generally large tonsils. I have holes in my tonsils as well, but I'm not sure if that could contribute to it. There is no pain in my throat, nose, or ears whatsoever,...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • daniel28749 3

Bad breath(fart).

So I've been experiencing BB for a few years now. Just like everyone else I've tried many things with no success. At first I thought it was my mouth but starting to believe it's something in my gut. I'm tired of getting "did you fart?" comments. Thing is I believe it's in my gut is because I've been...

48 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • tommy82849 1

Suffered from bad breath for many years

I constanly try to clear my throat and it feels like mucus frequently comes down into my throat. When I drink lots of water, it feels like food is cleared from my throat and is sometimes a little painful. There is often a thick coating on my tongue in the morning. I clean my teeth at least once a day....

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rehan70462 2
  • zack06530 1

Is this oral thrush?

Hello I am wondering if I can ask you guys for some advice.  About 4 weeks ago my tongue suddenly started to feel as though there was a hair stuck on it towards the back. At the time I had been using Corsoydl mouth wash so I thought it was this. However the problem persisted for a week so I went to...

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rehan70462 2

bumps on back of tongue

Hello guys . I feels like there is something is stuck in my throut and 4 days ago i checked it there is some bumps on my back of tongue . Guys i need some idia please let me know what is this .thank you all

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dawn62288 2

stiff jaw after cavity filling

Hello about 2/3 weeks ago i had a filling in my lower right hand side tooth. i had injections in my gum prior to the filling. after leaving the dentist with a numb mouth i waited several hours before my mouth defrosted. In the following couple of days to come i noticed my tooth was super sensitive and...

17 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Afelt7 2

Small soft bumps on floor of mouth

Hello everyone! I've developed some small soft bumps on the floor of my mouth. They are NOT painful and if I rub my tongue over them they feel similar to ulcers. I will say that I smoke a pipe quite often. I'm not sure if that's the culprit or not however. I'm just hoping this is no form of mouth cancer...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kaitlin65383 2

oral surgery what to expect

my dentist referred me to an oral surgeon i have 5 teeth that need to come out right away then down the road as insurrance allows it i will have to have my entire mouth pulled and have dentures. what can i expect as far as oral surgery goes? my mom says its up to the dentist and not up to me as to wheather...

• antonia59362 1

Different advice from two different dentists about RCT

Hi, about a year ago I was having pain in one of my front teeth on my bottom jaw, I went to the dentist who did an x-ray and said that I would need a root canal on that tooth and work on a broken one. Because of anxiety I was too scared to go back and get the work done and just lived with the pain. But...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Brainworried 2

Mouth problems

Hello, I always wake up with a dry and smelly mouth and noticed formation of caries lately even though I brush and floss my teeth twice a day and use a high quality mouth wash every morning. However I noticed that I suck air out of my mouth to the point where my tongue is in contact with mouth roof and...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • philk185 1

Mucus or sputum on outside of throat and osphegas

I have what I can only describe as a belt of thick web like strong mucus which doesn't go through my respiratory system at all. It is as though it is attached via my skull or outside of my nose behind this area. It moves at times and goes down through my jaw and sits on outside of my chest I believe...

• uche60087 2

Tooth Nerve pains.

I did fill my two teeth last year and since then I have not chew, bite or drink anything on that side (right side) cos it's so painful and sensitive. What do I do about it? Should I numb the nerves or pull the tooth . Is the process painful?

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • sharon17758 2

I've a painful wisdom tooth after having two removed 20 years ago!

I've seen my dentist as an emergency a week ago about a painful wisdom tooth and she checked them, did an X ray and said two I'm left with are fully grown so fine but I'm returning to see the same dentist at 4.30pm today because I still have toothache. This is after getting two wisdom teeth removed twenty...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • lisalisa67 6

Tmd anyone and what do i do?

i have had tmj for 20 years. Used a mouth solint and it stayed the same. Then lastbyear i started getting a washing machine sound in ine ear.went to the maxiallry surgein they made a new nightgaurd. About six months ago jaw oains, muscle aches, ear issues..etd and more tinnitus sounds. Some inner ear...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • kaitlin65383 2

how to deal with anxiety about the dentist

this comming thursday i have to go to the dentist to have a a broken tooth extracted. the dentist said its broken down to the root. he also mentioned possible surgical extraction what can i expect about the procedure and also what can i do to lesson my axiety so that when i arrive at the dentist im not...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • uche60087 2

Tooth nerve pains and sensitivity

I have my two teeth filled and since then i have not chew or bite or drink cold water anything on that side, i went to a doctor who did x-ray found out the nerves were touched during d filling.  what do i do to reduce the pains and sensitivity. do i numb it?

• marie99158 2

Dry Socket worries

I'm concerned about dry socket because tomorrow is a public holiday so no dentists will be open. I had one upper wisdom tooth out on Thursday so this is day four there hasn't been too much pain since the extraction, I still have mild bottom jaw pain and no pain in the tooth area. I'm worried I started...

• Guest M

Breath smells like faeces (Poo)

I have this horrid poo smell from my mouth. I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, use Dentyl PH mouthwash, I have the best oral hygeine of anyone I know but I still have this smell. I am too embarrassed to even ask my flriends or family to tell me my breath stinks. I am becoming totally reclusive because...

1464 replies 29 votes Last reply
  • rachael79835 1

No sleep for 5 days, still in agony! What should I do?

Hi, I recently in the last 6 months finally got in to an NHS dentist. Before then I have had emergency appointments to begin the root canal process but could not have this finished until I got a dentist. My first appointment my dentist suggested completing the root canal treatment but I couldn't afford...

• paul28795 2

Complaints around Dentist - advice needed

Back in April this year, I revisited my local Dentist as I was noticing an increased sensitivity in my teeth and that it made for uncomfortable consumption of food and drink, so I decided to make an appointment for a check-up, which I had to wait 3 weeks for. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and...

• travis20967 1
  • kym1989 2

Swelling on Jaw/Gum

Hi, I had a root cancel done on my molar upper right due to a large cavity picked up by an x-ray. This was done months ago no problems. I had a few problems a couple of weeks back with pain in that area and wasn't able to put my teeth together. Given antibiotics and now not in pain and can put my teeth...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • redpanda09 2

Strange lump under edge of tonsil

A few days ago I could feel something that felt a bit like I had something stuck to my tonsil. I originally thought that it could just be a tonsil stone but from looking, it doesn't appear to be a tonsil stone. It's really annoying because it feels like I've got a piece of food stuck there when I haven't. ...

• mike666 3

Bad Breath/reflux? pnd? infection? Something else?

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this duscussion. I've had bad breath (especially horrendous morning breath) for as long as I can remember. Probably for a good 10 years or so? (I'm 29) I've also experience what I think is possible post nasal drip (tongue is always coated. Often feel mucus on back of...

411 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • kaitlin65383 2

tooth ache or TMJ/TMD also what doctor to see

06-03-2017, 09:23 PM   #1 kaitlin4599 Newbie (female)   Join Date: Jun 2017 Posts: 1 do i have TMD/TMJ ok so last night i started to notice some slight pain in lower left jaw. the jaw on the lower left side of my mouth,now on that side of my mouth i have all of my upper teeth on the left side, but...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • fillyy2 1

small hard lump on roof of mouth HELP

PLEASE HELP. Just a quick bit about me, I'm 20, female, smoker of 5 years, trying to quit as pregnant now. I've had this small lump on the roof of my mouth for at least a few years now from what I can remember. It's never bothered me before but a couple months ago I ate something that knocked it and...

52 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • alison 41 2

Swollen down inside of gums near tonge

Can anyone help !! Long story . I had a tooth out back in December and then ended up with a dry socket . When it wasn't healing they decided to go back into it and smooth the bone ! Socket is now healing but the results came back from the tissue biopsy that there had been some foreign body in the site...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • randomer 1

Swelling/lump beneath tongue (sublingual gland?)

A few days ago I noticed this lump under my tongue. It is soft but firm. It doesn't usually hurt but there is some slight pain if I keep touching it with my tongue. I have no idea what it is. Mouth cancer is vey unlikely because I'm 18. I think it might be a swollen sublingual salivary gland but I don't...

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • pla45112 2
  • Toddwirth 1

Am really very depressed for my bad tooth

Hello, My name is toddy and am from India and am really very depressed about my futuer because am only 28 years old and my all tooth have cavity i have not much money for treatment what should i do please suggest me something which help to save my tooth. 

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • michael 60452 3

Headache and Jaw Pain 9 days after removal of Wisdom Teeth

I'm 35 and had 5 wisdom teeth out 8 days ago (yes I had an extra one) under a general anesthetic. I never had very much pain from the actual extraction areas, just what was to be expected. But ever since I have had a chronic headache and pain along my jaw, particularly one the right upper side close...

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kasandra49084 1

Mouth Burn, Allergic Reaction, Biting?

I took my daughter to the dentist to have a tooth pulled. She was given oral sedation which made her sleepy and act strange. Then she was given nitrous. They had lots of trouble with the nitrous mask and tubes. Everything kept falling apart, tubes wouldn't stay on, the nose mask wouldn't stay in place....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • danny11111 1

Dental Implant Advice Please Cost And Location

Hi everyone i'm 27 and looking at getting an implant now the reason i say immediate is because I've been considering going abroad for the treatment and was hoping i could get it placed then just be careful as to not eat on that side for a few months to help even more in the healing process i'd be careful...

• jess5316 1

Tonsil stones!

Hi ya, Ive had very bad and increasing tonsil stones since december 2016 and my tonsils have now formed pockets basically meaning i am going to contantly get them untill they are removed which will hopefully be soon. as of today one started breaking through the skin of my tonsil! Just wondering if anyone...

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.