Skip to content
Ad

Oral and Dental Problems

Also known as Bad Breath, Dental Problems, Dry Mouth, Halitosis, Mouth Problems, Taste Disorders, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ), Thrush - Oral, TMJ Disorder, Tonsil Stones, Toothache, Ulcer - Mouth

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Bad breath(fart).

So I've been experiencing BB for a few years now. Just like everyone else I've tried many things with no success. At first I thought it was my mouth but starting to believe it's something in my gut. I'm tired of getting "did you fart?" comments. Thing is I believe it's in...

Last reply
  • Fart smell when not farting

Hello everyone I have been experiencing this weird problem for bout 10 years now that seems to have the doctors I have seen puzzled. I release gas without knowing it. It comes from my stomach it is a eggy farty type of smell most of the time but can change to a sewer smell. As you can imagine this is...

Posted
  • Terrified I have oral cancer~ please help

I am female, in my early 20s and in the later stages of pregnancy. A few months ago I noticed a pale patch on the left side of my tongue it is in the same spot were I previously had a very nasty mouth ulcer. I have visited my GP and two dentists who all say they can't see anything wrong and aren't...

Last reply
  • Hanging thing at the back of my mouth

Had it for a while and every so often it gets very sore and swollen, but woke up today and it was bleeding. Anybody have an idea of what it is and do I need to see the doctors about it?

Last reply
  • Did I infect my tonsils by removing tonsil stones?

Okay, so I've been dealing with tonsil stones for the last ten years or so. I didn't even know what they were for a few years, but once I did some research and found some information on tonsil stones, I realized this was the cause to my discomfort and was able to shine a flashlight into my mouth...

Last reply
  • My dentist did an unnecessary crown and now I have constant pain

I recently went to a new dentist and was told I have 3 cavities and need a crown. I was very surprised by this as I was not experiencing any pain, but went ahead with the crown procedure. My mom looked up my new dentist on yelp and there are a ton a reviews by people saying she diagnosed and/or performed...

Posted
  • Terrible sensitive tooth pain

I can’t even go for walk in slightly cold weather without suffering terrible pain in my teeth afterwards which lasts for hours,   It’s awful. Is this something more than sensitive teeth?   It’s getting worse as I get older.  I just have to wait for it to calm down on its own. 

Last reply
  • Headache and Jaw Pain 9 days after removal of Wisdom Teeth

I'm 35 and had 5 wisdom teeth out 8 days ago (yes I had an extra one) under a general anesthetic. I never had very much pain from the actual extraction areas, just what was to be expected. But ever since I have had a chronic headache and pain along my jaw, particularly one the right upper side close...

Last reply
  • Small lump in throat, should I be worried?

I noticed a small flesh colored lump on my palatopharyngeal arch right next to my left tonsil. It isn't hard, seems to be fleshy like the other surrounding tissue. It doesn't hurt at all either. Just hoping that it isn't serious, and I'd really rather not go into the doctor. Does...

Posted
  • Horizontal bone loss treatment

I have significant horizontal bone loss across most teeth caused by periodontitis. A few teeth are very sore, and the dentist recommends extraction. I've been advised that because it horizontal bone loss, that Guided Tissue Regeneration is not suitable. The bone loss is so severe that implants...

Posted
  • Dental Implants advice

My wife and I are having Dental Implants this week due to problems with dentures. Any tips or advice from anyone who has had the procedure would be most welcome. Advised that sedation is best for a stress free treatment, and any comments on this as well.

Last reply
  • Yellowing teeth, tonsil stones, bad breath

About a month ago during a cold I noticed I had a white spot on my tonsils. I looked it up to discover it was a tonsil stone and pushed it out. After that they just kept coming and I eventually got a bad case of tonsillitis for the first time in my life. The antibiotics helped but now I'm noticing...

Posted
  • Can I fix an overbite without surgery or braces?

Hello,  I’m 18 years old and have recently noticed that I have quite a bad overbite. It’s very noticeable if you look at me from the side and since noticing it, it has made me feel very insecure. It’s looks almost as if my face is caving in once you pass my nose, maybe I’m slightly over exaggerating...

Posted
  • I'm in agony and may have to wait until next week

I'm 26 and my teeth have been on a downward spiral that has resulted in a partial upper denture and a history of severe pain, infections and extractions. I have a lot of anxiety about invasive procedures so I need IV sedation when getting teeth out. I should be getting a call from my dentist to...

Posted
  • Major teeth work... 8 extractions, bone grafting and implants

I have a lengthy question. And may be to complex for you to answer. I kind of laugh to myself when I see people asking about 1 tooth. My son is 22 years old. At the age of 18 he was in a bicycle accident and avulsed eight teeth #8,9,10,11,22-26 which were replanted. He had root canal therapy on teeth...

Last reply
  • Weird Taste in Mouth - Gone After I Stopped Eating Sugar

I started to get this weird taste in my mouth in August.  Best way to describe it is like chewing on a balloon.  It also would happen around the same time.  At first, I thought it was the Zinc-Carnosine I was taking.  Stopped that still had it.  Then I thought it was a side effect...

Posted
  • Itchy Roof of Mouth

Hey, I was hoping you guys could help me. My mouth is constantly itching, sometimes to the point where I scratch the inside of my mouth, this ends up causing, even more, pain that in the first place. It's so frustrating, but there are no signs of swelling or any unordinary marks whereabouts the...

Last reply
  • Infected tooth, I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing.

So I'm 24 years old and I still have one of my baby teeth. There was never an adult tooth underneath to push it out, so it just stayed. About a week ago, I started feeling intense pain in that tooth. My insurance begins in 3 weeks so I figured I could wait it out because I know I can't afford...

Posted
  • Hello i need help

I have on palate bladder inside this bladder is water ,maybe inside is saliva  This is done easily when I eat sour and chews gum After bursts and he comes again ,This bladder does not hurt

Last reply
  • Is this tooth decay?

Is this tooth decay? And can my dentist fill it? I’ve been to my NHS dentist before about this and they haven’t done anything. http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r770/unknowledgeable/90963C2C-8E92-451A-A49F-0F7F248E62D4_zpsahbwxtsn.jpeg http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r770/unknowledgeable/3124CCDF-1ECE-4CEA-8890-EE5BA6D500CA_zpsgyjsnqve.jpeg...

Posted
  • my tooth is so painful

i've had a tooth ache for about two years but recently, it's gotten really bad. i'm 15. my very last tooth on my bottom right side i think is decaying, bht i'm not sure. please help 

Posted
  • Is this tooth decay?

Hi is this tooth decay? Went to the dentist a few months ago but they didn’t do anything. I’ve had a tooth ache for over a year now and I think this is the problem.

Last reply
  • Long growth under tip of tongue

hi I've never been here before, just looking to get an opinion on this thing under my tongue. At first it started out as a blister that would constantly swell and go down for about 2 months. It used to hurt a little bit but now there is now pain at all and I'm left with what I suspect is extra...

Last reply
  • Cracked teeth?

I'm hopefully going to go to the dentist tomorrow. I'm getting 2 teeth pulled. I noticed I have a small vertical crack in 2 other teeth. I'm not sure of the procedure to repair these 2 teeth. Can someone give me some insight?

Posted
  • TMJ Disorder

Hi, Anyone out there suffer from temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain? If so, I'd like to start a discussion about this mysterious problem and its causes and treatments. There appears to be no clear consensus among healthcare professionals on what causes TMJ disorder  and how to best treat it....

Last reply
  • Decade-long oral lesion - no clarity

I have had an oral lesion in soft palate (same spot) that's come back every now and again at least a dozen years. Is rough, white patchy and very very itchy. I constantly irritate it by scratching it (with my throat muscles) and breathing through my mouth at night, drying it out. It usually lasts...

Posted
  • Pressure sensation in front teeth after fillings/restoration

I had two cavities at the back of each of my front teeth, as well as a large chip on one (my tooth was half the size it should be near enough)  My dentist filled both cavities and fixed my broken tooth using composite a couple of days ago, and ever since whenever I move my mouth in a certain way...

Last reply
  • Gums burning for unknown reason.

Roughly 6 months ago. One spot in particular on my gums began burning constantly. I went to the dentist. They first did X-rays and an oral cancer scan. Everything fine. They noticed a bit of tarter so they did a complete scaling below the gums and gave a special tooth paste and rinse. But the burn still...

Posted
  • Atypical facial pain

I've had a undiagnosed "atypical," bilateral facial pain condition for the past 8 years, the symptoms of which began subsequent to a head trauma. The initial manifestations were tightness in the mandibular area that resulted in intense and continuous clenching of the teeth. The salient...

Last reply
  • Bad breath

I'm having 2lower teeth removed because of gum disease and replaced with a partial. Afterwards, will my breath smell better? I know that's a funny question, but I've done everything I can to clean my teeth diligently. My dentist said I have good teeth. I wanted implants but I don't...

Last reply
  • Bonding fails constantly. Need some advice on tooth restoration

My front tooth was fractured in 2010. It was repaired with a bonded composite restoration. The bonding lasted for two years. The tooth was repaired by different dentists over and over again using bonding. Each time I get a new filling it lasts for shorter period of time. Moreover, the size of the fracture...

Posted
  • Back of mouth.

Hey, just a couple of hours ago the back upper part of my mouth has been bothering me. It itches and burns. I was wondering if someone could tell me what it was and how I could treat it. Thanks in advance.

Last reply
  • stiff jaw after cavity filling

Hello about 2/3 weeks ago i had a filling in my lower right hand side tooth. i had injections in my gum prior to the filling. after leaving the dentist with a numb mouth i waited several hours before my mouth defrosted. In the following couple of days to come i noticed my tooth was super sensitive and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.