Skip to content
Ad

Oral and Dental Problems

Also known as Bad Breath, Dental Problems, Dry Mouth, Halitosis, Mouth Problems, Taste Disorders, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ), Thrush - Oral, TMJ Disorder, Tonsil Stones, Toothache, Ulcer - Mouth

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Burnt tongue?

Hi guys, On Monday evening I burnt my tongue on a microwave meal. Didn't think much of it, didn't hurt too much. Tuesday morning it was ok, but come the afternoon it was really irritating and I kept brushing my teeth across my tongue. Wednesday monring I woke up with lots of white and red...

Posted
  • Blood spots/blisters

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'll try.  Over the last month I've been unwell I general, flu like symptoms etc. Over the last couple of weeks I've developed blood spots or blisters in my mouth, one was rather large on the inside of my cheek, this popped and went away. Then...

Posted
  • Dry mouth, blocked ears & phlegm

For about a year if not more i have had a constant dry mouth. I tend to drink around 3 litres of water (with blackcurrant squash) throughout the day but i never feel hydrated.  My ears have been bad for about the same time, i noticed it more whilst flying regularly about 10 months ago and i couldn’t...

Last reply
  • Gum hurts at back of mouth

I've had a sore and inflamed gum since I woke up on Monday morning. It felt like I had been clenching my teeth on the left hand side during the night and my jaw ached also. I took some ibuprofen and this helped. 2 days on and it's still sore and the gum is still inflamed and has gone over the...

Last reply
  • Abscess after extraction

I have had a hard lump in my cheek(under skin above top teeth) which is not visible on gum ever since I had root canal 12 months ago, wasn't hurting but extremely irritating and my face would swell from time to time. Anyway I was told by my dentist the tooth was infected and I had it removed yesterday....

Last reply
  • Is this tmj? How can stop the pain?

hi everyone, I've been getting severe aching pains across the bridge of my nose, my temples and my forehead ever since I had a root canal last year. At first I thought it was coming from the tooth, but the dentist and doctor said they thought it was muscles. I recently saw a maxiofacial guy...

Posted
  • Bad Breath/reflux? pnd? infection? Something else?

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this duscussion. I've had bad breath (especially horrendous morning breath) for as long as I can remember. Probably for a good 10 years or so? (I'm 29) I've also experience what I think is possible post nasal drip (tongue is always coated. Often feel mucus...

Last reply
  • Excruciating throbbing at the right side of my face

Since having had a deep filling back in May this year, I am now aware that there is a painful, deep throbbing, which is a pain I can describe as one being similar to having wisdom teeth still in place. I am having to take painkillers or use other numbing agents, which is all very well, but once they...

Last reply
  • I've noticed with miy possible candida

that i have never actully need craving sugary foods at all really. maybe the odd fizzy drink i will want but if i ate something sweet i wont enjoy it? i crave mostly roast dinners funnily enough (roast beef or lamb etc no pork) but this candida is and has been here for over a year now with lumps inside...

Last reply
  • Burning tongue syndrome

would like to know if anyone has a severe case of bms? Had it gone two yrs.it gets worse by the day.swollen tongue problems with talking, twenty four hrs of sensations along with burning..I chew gum 24 hrs a day.it helps a little with sensations . Has anyone been to Cleveland clinic, or john Hopkins?...

Last reply
  • I have a lump on my tougne and its extremely painful.

I have this lump on the bottom of my tougne which runs on my teeth whenever my tougne moves the slightest. It is extremely painful and has got to the point I can't eat or speak. I am an 18 year old so any help and advice will be appreciated.  Thank you 

Posted
  • Headache and Jaw Pain 9 days after removal of Wisdom Teeth

I'm 35 and had 5 wisdom teeth out 8 days ago (yes I had an extra one) under a general anesthetic. I never had very much pain from the actual extraction areas, just what was to be expected. But ever since I have had a chronic headache and pain along my jaw, particularly one the right upper side close...

Last reply
  • Breath smells like faeces (Poo)

I have this horrid poo smell from my mouth. I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, use Dentyl PH mouthwash, I have the best oral hygeine of anyone I know but I still have this smell. I am too embarrassed to even ask my flriends or family to tell me my breath stinks. I am becoming totally reclusive because...

Last reply
  • I noticed wheres my tonsils were its like whitish patch

I never really looked into my throat and when I did I noticed that where my tonsils were(they have removed years ago)  there was whitish it looked odd so I googled it. It doesn't look like anything I've seen online and it's starting to rattle me. I have bad health anxiety and tend...

Last reply
  • Tooth extraction pain

I had a lower molar out yesterday morning but I have been experiencing excruciating pain since. I went back to the dentist today but said wound was fine. However did mention back molar was now loose. This tooth will also be getting removed but as it is impacted by a wisdom tooth I need to go to hospital...

Posted
  • White tounge and bumps in back of throat

I have celiac and ever sense I've been diagnosed I've noticed bumps in the back of my throats and just recently I've noticed my tounge had been white. Most of the white can be scrubbed of but I'm just worried.

Last reply
  • How dental treatment can go badly wrong......what would you do?

I started a course of private dental treatment with the aim of replacing two partial dentures with crowns and bridges supported by implants. The implants were placed in January apparently without any problems. The stitches came out two weeks later - everything apparently still OK. Seven weeks later I...

Last reply
  • Swelling 2 weeks after extraction! Help?

So I had 2 wisdom teeth taken out 2 weeks ago due to having an infection under my bottom right one.. I was given some antibiotics before the extraction.. Today, I have woken with swelling on the bottom right side of my jaw?  I went to the dentist this morning.. she said my top extraction has healed...

Posted
  • I have feeling of hair in my throat, what can I do?

Hi there, Really hoping someone on here can offer me some help or advice. I hope this is the correct forum (if not, could someone move it?) I am in real discomfort, as I have the feeling of a hair or obstruction on the back of my mouth, close to, or on my right tonsil. I think it is related to post-nasal...

Last reply
  • small ulcer tip of tongue

Hi, for the last 3 months I've had one of those small white ulcers on the tip of my tongue. I went to my doctors and they referred me to an ent clinic. The ent clinic says it's nothing to worry about, but they need to cut the end of my tongue off and stitch it back up.  They said this was...

Last reply
  • Dry mouth

I drink enough water everyday, the feeling sometimes goes away but only for a short time. Even after drinking a cup of water my mouth is still dry. Also I've noticed when I'm hungry that I get really shaky. Any ideas?

Last reply
  • stiff jaw after cavity filling

Hello about 2/3 weeks ago i had a filling in my lower right hand side tooth. i had injections in my gum prior to the filling. after leaving the dentist with a numb mouth i waited several hours before my mouth defrosted. In the following couple of days to come i noticed my tooth was super sensitive and...

Last reply
  • Toddler abnormal looking mouth lining

Hi just wondered if anyone can help please, my 22 month old grandsons inner lips and cheeks are very bumpy and raised all around, looks like tiny flesh coloured spots with an odd ulcer/blister here and then on occassion. When you pull his lip outward it just looks like a very un even bumpy surface, its...

Last reply
  • Bleeding Throat

I know this sounds crazy but I was drinking a cold glass of water and there was an icicle in it. It ended up cutting my throat and it really hurts. Should I go to the doctor?

Last reply
  • Peeling lips

Have had a problem with my lips for a few years. I were biting them so to take off the dry skin, but this was very repetitive so i quit doing it. Now, that i'm letting my lips heal they were steadily healing and almost fresh when i got a sunburn and my problem started over again, only two times as...

Last reply
  • Pain near right ear when I move my jaw forward

For the past month or so, I have been having slight hearing problems (muffled senstation) and minor tinnitus. I've seen an ENT and a hearing test, and he told me nothing is wrong with my ear and it looks normal. I noticed probably a week ago that when I press my jaw for the area near my right ear...

Last reply
  • Red mark inside cheek oral cancer

Hi, When I woke this morning I had a lump inside my cheek. I picked it and some blood came out. There appears to be an ulcer in this area and red type mark. No pain I am worried about oral cancer. Please help.  

Last reply
  • Help please! Having electric shocks after root canal

Had the first stage of a root canal treatment done and 48 hours after started experiencing strong electric shocks (extremely painful) to my jaw and side of my face where the root canal was done. I have been doing quite a bit of research and have also seen 4 dentist and just had my root canal completed...

Posted
  • l have a weird sensation of pressure in my front upper teeth

I have been feeling a weird sensation in my teeth since last September, at first it was like pressure,while eating,I felt that they were misplaced and extremely tight. Every time l brushed them l would feel that l moved them or that they would fall  or something,(though they were solid) and...

Last reply
  • Hard lump where tonsils are

I know it's never a good idea to go prodding about at the back of your throat with your fingers but I was getting a dull ache in my left tonsillar region so i had a feel about there (in between gagging!) On the left hand side, around the area where my palatine tonsil is, and right at the i can feel...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.