Skip to content

Oral and Dental Problems

Also known as Bad Breath, Dental Problems, Dry Mouth, Halitosis, Mouth Problems, Taste Disorders, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ), Thrush - Oral, TMJ Disorder, Tonsil Stones, Toothache, Ulcer - Mouth

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Headache and Jaw Pain 9 days after removal of Wisdom Teeth

I'm 35 and had 5 wisdom teeth out 8 days ago (yes I had an extra one) under a general anesthetic. I never had very much pain from the actual extraction areas, just what was to be expected. But ever since I have had a chronic headache and pain along my jaw, particularly one the right upper side close...

Last reply
  • White spots on gums, yellow tongue and mouth discomfort

Hi everyone, I'm a 25 year old male and I have been suffering with my mouth with different symptoms for the last 3 months so far. It all started in December 2017 when I was eating some hard jelly bean sweets, I remember eating a few of them and my mouth didn't feel right afterwards. Not long...

Last reply
  • Breath smells like faeces (Poo)

I have this horrid poo smell from my mouth. I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, use Dentyl PH mouthwash, I have the best oral hygeine of anyone I know but I still have this smell. I am too embarrassed to even ask my flriends or family to tell me my breath stinks. I am becoming totally reclusive because...

Last reply
  • Bad breath(fart).

So I've been experiencing BB for a few years now. Just like everyone else I've tried many things with no success. At first I thought it was my mouth but starting to believe it's something in my gut. I'm tired of getting "did you fart?" comments. Thing is I believe it's in...

Last reply
  • Bad Breath Is Destroying My Life. Please Help!

I been having bad breath since i  was a teenager, I am in my mid 40's now and still have the same problem. usually gum would do the job and no problem, but now gum is not working for me any longer and my breath doesn't only smell like bad breath, it now smells like a fart. it is getting...

Last reply
  • How to get rid of gingivitis?

My gum bleeds while brushing my teeth. Sometimes, it bleeds on it's own. It seems that it's a little bit red (inflamed). I used chlorhexidine mouthwash twice a day for two weeks. My gum amazingly responded to that and the amount of bleeding is greatly stopped reduced. After the two weeks, I...

Last reply
  • Mouthwash Taste Alteration Help!

Took peridex only 4 times last month on March 16-18?, a mouthwash, im on week 6 and i still cant taste everything right. i can taste most things but some foods are off, its hard to say if its getting better or worse but im getting worried ill never get mine back. I never lost all my taste but I did...

Last reply
  • Did I infect my tonsils by removing tonsil stones?

Okay, so I've been dealing with tonsil stones for the last ten years or so. I didn't even know what they were for a few years, but once I did some research and found some information on tonsil stones, I realized this was the cause to my discomfort and was able to shine a flashlight into my mouth...

Last reply
  • Irritated tonsil

Hey! So I think I've irritated my tonsil by picking out a tonsil stone from my right tonsil by a cotton swab and now it hurts. Any thoughts on what i should do or if it'll get better somehow. Has anyone experienced this?

Posted
  • Lump in tongue

I'm a 29 year old female. When I was about 22/22 I noticed a lump inside my tongue. It is my right hand side just off the center and is about 1cm back from the top. It is hard and feels sausage shaped. It can be felt with my fingers and goes further back in to my tongue. I can't feel how far...

Last reply
  • Crater like hole behind wisdom tooth + Other mouth symptoms

I am 23 years old and barely drink and do not smoke cigarettes and over the last month or so, It seems like there have been some weird and concerning dental symptoms that have been going on. I think one of my wisdom teeth are coming in because I can see a tooth sort of sticking out on the side and it...

Last reply
  • Choking on Tonsil Stones

Hi there,  In the last few years I've started getting tonsil stones, I can see them in there on both sides, but my tonsils are swollen and covered in crypts so getting a decent view is tough. The issue is I cant remove them as my gag reflex is so strong. At first they used to fall out after...

Last reply
  • Chronic Bad Breath No Tonsils Minor Rhinitis

I've had bad breath for like 10 years now. For the past 6 months or so, my oral health has been perfect. It does help my breath but does not cure it. I also have bad taste in my mouth which occurs in the mornings and always if I haven't ate or drank anything for hours. (enough bacteria in mouth,...

Last reply
  • 1 Tonsil Larger than other, Swollen node on neck

I'm really worried about my health at the minute. I've got one tonsil thats a lot larger than my other tonsil. The smaller tonsil has a dangly fleshy growth hanging from it that looks just like an extra bit of tonsil hanging off. On the side with the smaller tonsil I have a swollen lymph node...

Last reply
  • Please Help! Possible thrush, resistant to treatment

Hello! I recently had a surgery in which I was using lots of antibiotics. A few weeks after my surgery, I had an allergic reaction to a lotion I had used and was given steroids as treatment. Almost a week after this, I noticed a white film forming on my tongue. After doing some research, I assumed it...

Last reply
  • Lump on underneath of tongue

Hi I'm new to this two weeks ago I discovered a lump about an inch long and a cm thick at the bottom of my tongue. I can't find any similar pictures anywhere on the Internet that match this. I thought it was swollen at first but it's still here and feels thick, I've had hodgkins lymphoma...

Posted
  • Gum pain

Hi there,  Recently had bad wisdom tooth pain and now the tooth has stopped hurting but it is still really painful around the gums. Hurts when I eat and open my jaw. Have taken bonjella and washing around the area with hot salty water. Any idea what else I can do to stop/ease the pain? If not when...

Last reply
  • Pain and swelling following tooth extraction with abscess

I had a back upper tooth extracted one week ago as it was painful and had an abscess under it.Extraction was easy dentist said tooth came out completely although it cracked. Cavity healing but gum on outside next to cheek has lump on it. Getting pain strangely from midday onwards intermittently particularly...

Last reply
  • Ulcer - Tongue?

Hey there I have an ulcer painless under the tip of my tongue since a month ..  Does anyone know what it is? 

Last reply
  • Years of jaw and ear pain

Hi! I am in urgent need of answers, it started about 3 years ago. I felt pain in my ear area and jaw area. Went to the docs, they did absolutely nothing. Here I am 3 years later with the same ear and jaw pain and constant ear ringing and popping! The only thing to relieve the pain is by taking anti inflammatory...

Last reply
  • NEED ADVICE! TERRIFIED THINKING I MIGHT HAVE CANCER?!

About 3-4 weeks ago I noticed I had some white spots on the side of my tongue and about 3 red patches towards the back of the roof of my mouth.  Since then it has now spread towards the back of my throat. Causing 2-3 new patches. One on my uvula(which is quite swollen). And one on my thing behind...

Last reply
  • Dental pain for a few weeks

So i went to my dentist a few weeks ago as i had huge pain in my tooth ,she done the xrays and it showed i had a hole but it was too close to the bone to do anything.. however she did 3 fillings the other side that i had no pain in! Now ive woken on same tooth with an absess and my whole cheek swollen...

Posted
  • Bad nose & mouth breath - help!!

Hi, I have suffered from bad nose and now mouth breath for at least 10 years. It's a bit bad in the morning but once I get to work it gets worse to the point where people will cover their mouth when they talk to me, it's so depressing. If I am outside for the day though there's nothing there...

Last reply
  • Severe ear pain after wisdom tooth removal

So I had my lower right wisdom tooth removed nearly 6 days ago now and I'm still in agony! Although the pain from the actual extraction site has subsided the pain in my ear/jaw and rest of my lower teeth has gotten worse. I have taken really good care of my mouth since the surgery as I really didn't...

Last reply
  • Headache after having a bridge (dental)

I have had lots of dental work over last few months and had two crowns joined and fitted top right and been uncomfortable and some facial pain. Next I had a bridge top left and since 3 days after this I have suffered extremely bad head and face pain. They thought I had viral meningitis but haven't....

Last reply
  • Root Canal 2 Months Ago- Strange Sensation

I had a root canal done on a front incisor about 2 months ago. According to dentist, everything was "textbook". Had some discomfort for the first 48 hours, then everything seemed fine. The next week I had some sensitivity which was correlated to my wicked sinus infection. Took some antibiotics...

Last reply
  • Sore/dry feeling on tongue

For the last week my tongue has felt really weird. The only way I can describe it is like when you’ve eaten something really salty and it almost hurts your tongue because it’s so salty. I drink loads of water every day and always have done so I’m not dehydrated. When I Google it I only get results for...

Last reply
  • TONSIL STONES EVERYDAY FOR YEARS! Help

Hey  Guys! I have have Tonsil Stones pretty much everyday for the past few years even though I always remove them they come back ! My tonsils are normal size and I hardly ever have pain or anything like that so I’m no sure why I have so many Stones all the time? I also have bad breath and bad taste...

Last reply
  • Rough white gum irritation

Hi everyone. I’ve been suffering with a gum that’s rough, irritated, itchy, sore and white in colour every day for the last 2 months.  The gum irritation is located on the lower inner left side of my mouth near the back two molars. It’s very difficult to deal with lately as it seems to have got...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.