Skip to content
Ad

Oral and Dental Problems

Also known as Bad Breath, Dental Problems, Dry Mouth, Halitosis, Mouth Problems, Taste Disorders, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ), Thrush - Oral, TMJ Disorder, Tonsil Stones, Toothache, Ulcer - Mouth

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Is This TMJ

Hi, so I have TMJ and the usual symptom of an uneven bite and clicking in the jaw when moving my mouth. I also have a few other health concerns and I wanted to see if anyone else here had these same symptoms... So I get pressure behind the eyes and a popping sensation in the top of my nose! My muscles...

Last reply
  • Bad Breath/reflux? pnd? infection? Something else?

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this duscussion. I've had bad breath (especially horrendous morning breath) for as long as I can remember. Probably for a good 10 years or so? (I'm 29) I've also experience what I think is possible post nasal drip (tongue is always coated. Often feel mucus...

Last reply
  • 2nd Molar & Wisdom Teeth

Hi All, I went to the dentist the other week and had some Xrays taken. It was found that because my lower wisdom teeth are impacted food / decay and managed to get onto my 2nd molar and badly decay it. When I spoke to my dentist about it, he said I had the following options. 1) Have Wisdom Teeth removed...

Posted
  • Headache after having a bridge (dental)

I have had lots of dental work over last few months and had two crowns joined and fitted top right and been uncomfortable and some facial pain. Next I had a bridge top left and since 3 days after this I have suffered extremely bad head and face pain. They thought I had viral meningitis but haven't....

Posted
  • Hole in my tonsil

Hello,  So for a few years I’ve noticed a hole in my right tonsil. I’m a dental hygienist so I’m constantly looking in my mouth haha sometimes there are tonsil stones in the hole but at the moment, it’s just a hole.  I’ve been to an ENT before because my tonsils were huge but they said I was...

Posted
  • Breath smells like faeces (Poo)

I have this horrid poo smell from my mouth. I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, use Dentyl PH mouthwash, I have the best oral hygeine of anyone I know but I still have this smell. I am too embarrassed to even ask my flriends or family to tell me my breath stinks. I am becoming totally reclusive because...

Last reply
  • throat look normal ?

i would like to know if my throat looks normal ?? i was  told everyone throat looks different yes i do suffer from tonsil stones and the only way to get rid of them is thru taking them out. but i posted pictures to show you my throat .

Last reply
  • Gum pain behind lower left wisdom tooth?

Hey folks, I woke up 2 days ago with a slight pain on my gum/jaw, directly behind my lower-left wisdom tooth. I also had a sore throat, and it's happening today too. The pain seems to be directly on the flesh where my jaw "hinges" when I poke at it. None of my actual teeth hurt as far...

Last reply
  • Bad breath(fart).

So I've been experiencing BB for a few years now. Just like everyone else I've tried many things with no success. At first I thought it was my mouth but starting to believe it's something in my gut. I'm tired of getting "did you fart?" comments. Thing is I believe it's in...

Last reply
  • Throat Inflammation (And Other Problems)

Hi, Patient.Info. I hope I've come to the right place. I'm writing this three days away from one of the most frightening appointments of my life. I'm going to a dentist for the first time since I was a teen (some 20 years ago), and if I had my way, I probably wouldn't be going now. Sadly,...

Last reply
  • little red spots on tongue

its really bothering me but i cant remember if those spots on my tongue were always there should i b worried ? and no i dont have a disease i brushed my tongue this morning

Last reply
  • Please Help Solve My Throbbing Gums Mystery

Please can someone help me... I have had a horrible throbbing sensation in my gums below my bottom front teeth. My dentist has xrayed and looked at them but couldn't work it out. He gave me anti-biotics in case it was an infection but they didn't work. He also said it could be from trauma to...

Last reply
  • Small raised fatty blob on tongue surface

I have geographic tongue and I think it has caused me to develop a small fatty globule like lesion on my tongue surface. I have had it for a long time now and it is not a lipoma or ulcer. It is partially raised, unsightly and it feels horrible. Is there a way of having it removed or my tongue re-surfaced? 

Last reply
  • stiff jaw after cavity filling

Hello about 2/3 weeks ago i had a filling in my lower right hand side tooth. i had injections in my gum prior to the filling. after leaving the dentist with a numb mouth i waited several hours before my mouth defrosted. In the following couple of days to come i noticed my tooth was super sensitive and...

Last reply
  • Facial Tick After Dental Procedure ? What to do ?

14 Days ago - I had a "deep cleaning - oral surgery" performed - laser ... They prescribed narcotics for the pain, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medication & a mouth rinse.  I am still in pain.  They had to give me 12 SHOTS to keep me numb enough to do the procedure .. on 1/2...

Posted
  • Post-extraction pain

Hi, Had an upper molar pulled on Friday.  Had been in pain with it for nearly 2 months. Dentist had tried re-root canal (first done last year) but it wouldn't settle.  So, tooth out. Straight forward extraction but I am worried about the pain I'm in... it feels the same as the pain...

Last reply
  • Dry socket

Hi all i had a tooth removed last year and got a dry socket i knew from when the anasthetuc had worn of id was in trouble because the pain was excruciating. Im total lasted 2 weeks!!well on thursday i had another tooth removed she put a stitch in to try and stop it happening again but it has!its been...

Posted
  • Dental veneer discomfort

I recently got veneers put in my top front four teeth (i chipped them all pretty much in half when I was younger). Since then, I’ve been having discomfort at the gum line, with what feels like light pressure. My dentist has been great trouble shooting the issue but is unable to figure out what is causing...

Posted
  • Bad Breath Is Destroying My Life. Please Help!

I been having bad breath since i  was a teenager, I am in my mid 40's now and still have the same problem. usually gum would do the job and no problem, but now gum is not working for me any longer and my breath doesn't only smell like bad breath, it now smells like a fart. it is getting...

Last reply
  • I've got a hanging fleshy lump on my gums, should I be worried?

I've had this for about a month. It started as a small hanging piece of flesh above my first molar in my mouth, it was gum coloured, flexible and I could push it around with my tongue. Then after about a week, it had completely gone down to barely nothing to my surprise, I stopped worrying then a...

Posted
  • Bad teeth, waiting dentures... pain is ridiculous.

My whole life I’ve lived with bad teeth basically was just in my genes... my grandma said she got her dentures around 21, 22 years old and it was just passed throughout our family. And also told after pregnancies your teeth could become weak, which I believe after 2 kids... So here I am I went to a few...

Last reply
  • Did I infect my tonsils by removing tonsil stones?

Okay, so I've been dealing with tonsil stones for the last ten years or so. I didn't even know what they were for a few years, but once I did some research and found some information on tonsil stones, I realized this was the cause to my discomfort and was able to shine a flashlight into my mouth...

Last reply
  • Tooth Extraction Site

I had a tooth extracted over a month ago and it looked normal the other day. However the extraction site felt weird the last few days so I checked and it definitely looks not normal. I was wondering if anyone would take a look at pics I took of it and see what it looks like to them? I know I need to...

Posted
  • Headache and Jaw Pain 9 days after removal of Wisdom Teeth

I'm 35 and had 5 wisdom teeth out 8 days ago (yes I had an extra one) under a general anesthetic. I never had very much pain from the actual extraction areas, just what was to be expected. But ever since I have had a chronic headache and pain along my jaw, particularly one the right upper side close...

Last reply
  • long time mouth pain

4th day of mouth pain till now , really persistent , thought to give it time , no change  continuous pain in right upper jaw area in teeth , above teeth and cheek , pain is subtle most of the time but bangs hard on a 30-40 minutes rate ,smiling , talking , chewing and drinking are of course painful...

Posted
  • after wisdom tooth pain lock jaw.

Hello im kevin 25 years old.. I have a locked jaw due to wisdom tooth pain.. It all started when i eat nuts.. When i bite it, i felt pain in my wisdom tooth it is really painful.. After an hour that night i have a fever. But when i woke up 2 days after the wisdom tooth pain. I can't open my mouth...

Last reply
  • Pls help!! Tooth gone light blue!

Hi guys. I’m so embarrassed to ask this question but I’m pretty much freaking out here. I have had dental procedures done in the past such as crowns and fillings but nothing for a few years now as haven’t had any problems. I’d say they’re doing good. Let me say I do have acid reflux and have been told...

Posted
  • Bad taste in mouth after filling

I had a filling on 4/11/15.  The pain is now away but on the side of my mouth when i was given the numbing injection or where the filling is, i can taste like a chemical taste, i have brushed my teeth 4 times today and also used mouthwash twice and tast is still there!!! Anyone ever had this or...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.