Oral surgery not healing

Posted , 3 users are following.

inflamed gums not healing I've seen 5 dentists, 2 periodontists and 4 oral surgeons I've has deep laser cleaning, 2 teeth extracted and s bridge removed ive had 4 biopsies and the area still has not healed the biopsies were sent to 4 different labs including a medical center's dental lab all biopsies come back with only an inflammation of the tissue

there is no pain unless something touches the area despite 5 years of putting up with this no-one seems to know what this is or how to treat it thoughts?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

It must be difficult to floss and brush the area if the gums are inflamed and painful to touch. The practical tips I can offer are:

1. Have you considered that your gums might react to tooth paste ingredients like cleaning agents or etheric oils?

You could try different brands of tooth paste and avoid those containing Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. Choose a toothpaste with as few ingredients as possible. I would recommend Corsodyl Classic a toothpaste with bicarbonate or Elmex Menthol free. For a limited time you could try a baby tooth paste like Aquafresh Baby which is very mild but has a low Fluoride content.

2. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and replace it often (at least every month). When brushing apply soft pressure and always brush from the gums towards the teeth. Have you tried a sonic tooth brush using high frequency vibrations?
    3. Have you ever used a dental gel containing Chlorhexidine Digluconate 1%? This is commonly used to treat gum disease but might cause some side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.