Weird bumps on back of tongue white film

Posted , 32 users are following.

I was treated for possible thrush months ago but doctor advised me to stop nystatin because of possible allergic reaction. still have a white film on tongue and tongue almost seems fuzzy. when I brush those things pop up and I've had the bumps on the back on my tongue constantly and also have a small tiny slightly raised smooth bump on hard palate. no idea if it's always been there or I'm just noticing it. is this normal? I went to get fillings last week and the dentist did not mention anything

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Edited

those bumps are papillae an there normal mine are the same i also have a bit of a coating at the bck its down to food debris etc u should buy a tongue scraper to help remove it never brush the tongue with a toothbrush it can cause it to bleed an swell u should ask for some oral fluconazole to see if that helps get rid of any lingering yeast but it dosnt look to bad to be fair

• Posted

Im currently having the same issue I was prescribed Nystatin as well. Any advice its been rough. Thanks

• Posted

@kathleen05710 were your bumps painless....? did you have soreness in throat or mouth etc....?

@kim12266 - my husband had these same bumps and they are at side of his tongue.... his throat is very sore.... he is anxious it is something sinister....??

• Posted

you got any answer from doctor kathleen

• Posted

hey i literally have been freaking out because i have those bumps like those in the back and then inflamed bumps at the tip of my tongue but anyways i went to the docotors and they told me it was either from stress, allergies, or a virus and that they should go away within a week to two but they literally havent for me but i think it just depends on the person and their bodies i dont think its anything too serious to worry about

• Posted

Literally sameeeee, i recently got sick i think it was hard for me to swallow and my nose was very runny, and then i got a little better and im not sure when the bumps appeared on my tongue but its still feels like something is kinda stuck in my throat and my throat itches from time to time and im literally freaking out because i dont know what it is and the internet is making my anxiety hella worse, did you get an update on what it was ????

• Posted

been going through the exact same! got ill for almost a month then suddenly the bump on the back of the tongue appeared and now it feels like there is something stuck in my throat... i am also freaking out and getting anxious about it

• Posted

Same here I have being with the same thing don't know what is it am getting afraid....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.