Weird bumps on back of tongue white film

Posted , 32 users are following.

I was treated for possible thrush months ago but doctor advised me to stop nystatin because of possible allergic reaction. still have a white film on tongue and tongue almost seems fuzzy. when I brush those things pop up and I've had the bumps on the back on my tongue constantly and also have a small tiny slightly raised smooth bump on hard palate. no idea if it's always been there or I'm just noticing it. is this normal? I went to get fillings last week and the dentist did not mention anything

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM THESE BUMPS ON THE BACK OF MY MOUTH AND A SMALL BUMP ON MY LEFT SIDE OF MY CENTRAL PALATE DID YOU FIND OUT WHAT THEY WERE? PLEASE AWNSER

• Edited

i have the same bumps. my dr said it is lymp tissues enflamed from a virus and to spray chloraseptic on it. been stressing for a month about this but all my blood work is normal.

• Posted

can someone please give me an opinion on my mouth!! been dealing with swollen lymph nodes in my neck since september. all blood work is apparently normal, did a ct scan and barium swallow test and everyone is telling me normal no abnormalities but no one has given me a reason as to why my lymph nodes were ever swollen. just last week i decided to take a look in my mouth ((not sure why i never thought of it before)) and this is what it looks like. possible hpv?? i have a dentist appt jan 15 but would like some opinions before then pls imageimageimageimageimage

• Posted

so what the doctor daignosed can you tell my tongue looks same.please share

• Posted

I feel like i'm looking inside of my own mouth! I'm wondering did you or anybody else whose tongue looks similar ever had Covid? I had Covid in November of 2020 & afterwards it seems like my mouth changed! I've always had bumps at the back of my tongue but they are so much larger now & I have a constant white film on my tongue along with the inflamed taste buds at the tip of my tongue. It's not thrush, I hadve no idea what it is & I can't get rid of it.

• Posted

Did you ever get diagnosed? Please reply, I have this and I am panicking.

• Posted

hi im just checking i have these forming on the back of my tongue they arent dangerous are they ?? i can get rid of them

• Posted

i would check for a ureaplasma infection gentitally. it is possible that you could have caught it through oral sex. i dont believe there is an oral test for ureaplasma but i would suggest looking into it. it is not normal looking. my mouth is similar to yours and it came about after having oral sex tested genitally for ureaplasma and positive.

• Posted

Hey there!

I had a very bad case of oral thrush that unfortunately was not caught by the doctors before it spread to the esophagus & I couldn't swallow regular food for 4 weeks (weighed 98 pounds) - so definitely run back to get a prescription and insist on it. I personally caught it right before it started to get into the nervous system I think (don't ask me why doctors didn't identify it early on and I had to do that myself & then they confirmed it with a throat culture. Seems pretty easy to identify from just a physical exam if it's in the tongue - mine was in tongue, throat, esophagus). It wasn't until I looked in the mirror & noticed a super white tongue. So my thrush was pretty resistant to all of the medications I tried, with the exception of one: Itracanazole. Since I've stopped taking itracanazole, I think it's coming back into my throat as of today. I was completely recovered on itracanazole though and had a normal diet, so I am trying to see if there is a way I can take this medication long term.

The "fuzzy" feeling you have is definitely thrush. Hopefully you've gotten it treated since your post! I have no idea what causes mine - don't have any of the predisposing factors as far as I know.

• Posted

i am feeling like there is something in my throat since weeks now i have patches in my tongue i realy need help

• Posted

hey did the bumps ever go away along with the white film on your tongue and the little things that pop up on your tongue ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.