White hairy bumpy tongue I'm afraid its HPV???

Posted , 13 users are following.

I first noticed the bumps on the tip of my tongue in Dec. I have no pain or loss of taste or anything but I noticed the white coating seems to be getting thicker/more apparent. I had a dentist appt. recently and planned on bringing it up but I got nervous and didn't say anything because I figured if they noticed anything abnormal they would tell me right? Well now I think I'm gonna have to go back because I don't know why it hasnt gone away. It does feel like a weird texture and I have a dryish mouth. I drink 40oz of water daily and eat fairly healthy. My left tonsil is swollen but don't really have a sore throat or anything bothersome. Also dentist said my gums were healthy and I had a cleaning so it can't be poor oral health. Please give some opinions I have fear of HPV

imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

Hi Andrea

Don't know about the bumps but did you get to check that with your dentist?

Ever considered looking into whether any of your symptoms might be related to tonsil stones (given you mentioned one of your tonsils is swollen)?

When I do my teeth I also use a tongue scraper/cleaner gently followed by Corsodyl mouthwash and this helps with the white tongue.

Hope you get to the root of it.

Jane

• Posted

same like me. i think we suppose to make a report to CDC Immediately

• Posted

did you ever report this or find out what it was? How long did the symptoms last for you?

i am having a similar issue. Tongue feels dry and itchy for over a month now. visited two different ENT docs and they say there is nothing wrong, yet I can't get this feeling out of my tongue.

• Posted

hi,

me suffering from same thing.

swollen tonsil and same tongue. let me know what ur doc sayS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.