1 week citralopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive been on citralopram for 6 days ands its making me have far worse anxiety, i was at least sleeping the first 5...and it halped slow my thinking but its giving me such axniety its unbearable...is this normal

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I’m on day 8, and I had exactly the same a few panic attacks in the first 4 days. I overthink as to why I’m not better yet, but listen to other people stories that it gets worse before it gets better. Just ride it out and be strong x
  • Posted

It'll pass. Takes 2-4 weeks to get into your system before the side effects go away. Have you not read the side effects on the insert with the tablets?

• Posted

It is normal and it will pass. It's tough but rude it out. If you keep telling yourself it's the meds getting into your system and not you it may help. I promise it will get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.