1 week feeling good next week feeling bad

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've got a couple of small pe's in my lung, I was in hospital for 1 day they said I was low risk. I took it easy for the first week going for 10 15 mins walk then the week after I could go for 10 min jog at a slow pace then increased by a couple of mins everyday. On week 3 I went back to work but had to leave after a couple of hours felt out of breath had a panic attack which did not make things better, I chilled out things improved but my chest increased a little bit and I had dizzy spells on and off, went to see my gp and 2 doctors they ran some tests on me all came back good. Was just wondering if people get these bad weeks then good ones ? Because I thought I would only get better but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for reading

James

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello James and thanks for sharing your experience. I also had two small clots, one in each lung, and was told by the doctor that I was in the low to medium risk area so I can draw some similarities from your experience. I'm no expert on it all by any means and can only pass on how I've tried to cope with it all and I think what this fantastic forum taught me was to not push myself too far too quickly and try to remain positive as best I could. The doctors told me that it can be up to a years recoverey to get back to my 'normal' self and health and the best thing I did was stay off work as long as I could. I appreciate other factors come into that such as sick pay, being self employed and such like but my company were and still are fantastic in their understanding of what's happend and I didn't return to work for two months and even when I did return I was on light duties as well as a staggered return as in one day in one day off, which allowed me to ease myself back into work at my own pace. Talk to your employers to see what help they can offer. Explain everything about how you currently feel and how your condition makes you feel. Tiredness in the early days kicked in quite quickly for me so I totally understand where you're coming from in that respect. My other thought for you is easier said than done but please try to be positive and not worry too much because I believe that worrying and getting stressed out by it all can be a set back to your recovery. Biggest positive is your still with us James so that hurdle you've passed and thats a massive positive. So the next hurdle is to gradually build yourself up each day.as many on here will tell you, listen to your body, let it tell you when enough is enough. It's a slow process for most of us and you've got to be patient. As you said one week you're up the next week you're down, it's going to happen but try to figure out maybe what you're doing that contributes to this or its just a simple fact that your body isn't quite ready yet to be pushed that little bit more. As long as you're taking the medication James and listening to the doctors then you're again doing another positive thing and as the days, weeks, months pass you will begin to improve. Hope all goes well James and please try to remain positive about what has been a no doubt worrying time but you're coming out of that now mate, it just takes time. All the best and one last thing, read the stories of the fine people on this forum, you'll find yourself understanding more about your own experience through their experiences. Keep us up date with how you're getting on, it's good to hear of people getting better wink

• Posted

Cheers thank you for the reply, staying positive is key I think. I think I pushed my body to quick I'm going to take it easier a wait for improvement, I'm glad I found this Web site helps put your mind at ease. I'm struggling to keep my mind active because there isn't much really for me to do I go for a walk every 2 hours apart from that I'm not doing much so I do tend to think about it a lot so that probably makes me feel worse but I try to stay positive I fly home on Monday to see my family I'm in Australia and they are in England so I'm excited about that I think I will feel much better with home comfort

• Posted

When I had my PEs, I was misdiagnosed for 5 months.  I had like hundreds and I also had panic attacks, pending doom.  It's a symptom of PEs.  As far as my experience, the symptoms continued until the body reabsorbs the clots.  Are you on warfarin?  I am on lifelong anticoagulants.  Because they were unprovoked.  Did you have thrombophlebitis?  In your calves.  It could be that you are passing small clots in your lungs.  Only a CT shows those.  Doctors are quick to say panic attacks, they misdiagnose lots of things.  Hope for the best for you.  I know what it's like.

• Posted

I'm on rivaroxaban 20 mg, the only symptom I had was a tight chest about 6 weeks before they found the pe's. I went to hospital last night and got few tests done the doctor said that the clots have probably gone all ready because of the size but I didn't get a ct scan so I wasn't a 100% but I hope he is right and that my body is just healing which obviously takes time, I might of just over done it on the exercise to early but I'm 27 so I thought I would be able to handle it.

• Posted

Wow you are young.  I had symptoms for months before diagnosis, very short of breath, chest pain, pulmonary hypertension, couldn't walk 10 feet without all these symptoms oxygen was the only thing that helped me and the nurses refused to give it to my.  Had to fight for what I felt was right.

• Posted

How long ago did you have your pe's? How do you feel now ?

• Posted

They suspect my pes happened because i was in the hospital for 11 days and did not move a lot. I sat alot but there not aure so maybe, My 2 pes where unprovoked but my hematologist said treatment is 6 months. And if the pes are gone on my next ct scan next week i can get off. How come you have to be on for life?
  • Posted

Hi James. Pauleyorks is right. I had mine diagnosed in August and still have bad days. Have noticed more good days lately. Still can't walk for too long before getting breathless. But I am getting better 😊 Your body will tell you. The worst thing is I don't have a single day when I don't think about it. I realise now we are so lucky to have survived. This forum has helped me so much. Thanks all of you. Good luck James 😊

• Posted

Hello yah I'm looking forward to the good days, I just thought if I was getting better I couldn't get worse but there is ups and down I have accepted, today was better then yesterday so hopefully it keep getting better just have to take it easy.

Hope you the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.