1 week on mirtazipine 15mg does it get better

Posted , 4 users are following.

been on 15mg mirtazipine for a week now sleep better but at times get very irritable does this get better any one a week on experienceing the same

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have been on 15mg for 5 days to increase to 30mg on Friday having problems with irritability and spacey feelings
  • Posted

I took 15mg of mirtazapine for 2 weeks and it was the worse i have ever felt.I was extremely aggressive and full of anger which got worse the longer i took them.I could'nt control my temper at all and just wanted to end it all.I changed to fluoxatine and the change was almost instant,i feel normal again and have no horrible side effects.My advice would be don't wait to long hoping things will get better,try something else.
  • Posted

morning thankyou for your comments will discuss this with the doctor today will let you know
  • Posted

sorry would like to say I was the opposite, I was on fluoxitine and was really racey with it, blood pressure and body, now on mirt just 3 weeks in but feeling alot better, different pills for different people, speak in detail to your doctor for help. please, hope this helps. x
  • Posted

hi ive been on mirtazipine for a while and i feel that it is not doing me any good at all.. before mirtazipine i was on a drug called seroxat(paroxatine) and the side effects was just as bad,, i stopped taking seroxat and was prescribed mirtazipine.. but i feel that it has made me more short fused and aggressive and has shortened my patience with things.....

the best advise i can give to anyone as i read alot and have been looking up on this medication for a while as i always read about medication if i am prescribed it is to change your medication as soon as possible...

there are longterm side-effects on some medication and it can change the way you function ..

We dont know if these side-effects are permanent in the long term if some people have been on them for years.. if you look up mirtazipine you can see the whole catergory of side -effects that are listed by the manufacturers, they are mostly listed under the name of the medicine and they have catergories and sub -catergories.. which are quite detailed.. i wish everyone the best as i have to change my medication myself as im finding these side-effects to be very disturbing .. god bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.