Skip to content
Ad

Mirtazapine

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Anne1968 Anne1968

Mirtazapine and back pain

Hi. I've been on Mirtazapine now for 4 months, 30mg for the past month. Since I went to 30 I've had severe back pain when I wake up, I already suffer with lower back pain but this is intense. I can't even get down to tie my shoes! Also I feel really groggy for about 4 hours after waking....

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Mirtazapine; cold turkey withdrawal week 7

Hello Everyone I found this forum in desperation suffering chronic insomnia after abruptly stopping 15mg of mirtazapine.  I naively thought I could just stop without any tapering as I thought my dosage low (15mg) coupled with the fact that I had only been taking it for 5 months.   I would...

Last reply
  • Tapering off Mirtazapine - My Experience

Hi all, This wll be a brief record of my experience coming off Mirtazapine. Writing it down might help me stay focused on my goal and I'll try and answer any questions for others along the way. I've been on 15mg of Mirtazapine for 15 months now. For the first 9 months it worked wonders for...

Last reply
  • Going Cold turkey off mirtazapine by bridging to fluoxetine?

Hi all, hope you are doing well. Im writing today because i am scared whats going on inside my head. I went from 30mg mirtazapine to 15mg for a week and switched straight to fluoxetine. I don't know if im getting withdrawal or weird side effects from the new meds. I wake up every morning shaking,...

Last reply
  • Has anybody on this forum got some good reports for mirtazapine

i have been prescribed 15 mg I have been taking 50 mg of sertraline for 5 weeks but this medication was making me ill with loss of apetite and constant vomiting I need to go cold turkey for a few days and plan to start taking the new meds’ at the end of the week looking for reassurance and good reports...

Last reply
  • Where do i go from here?

Ive been on all sorts of anti d,s for 13 yrs... all with horride side effects.. sweats..dizzy etc..im now on 60mg of mirtaz daily and have put on weight etc but side effects are minimal compared to the others. My prob is i dont know if they help and i tryed cutting dose down but day 2 got dizzy and...

Last reply
  • Anyone help??

Hi I have been wondering n mirtazipine for 2 and a half years I have finally stopped 7 days ago my final dose was 1mg ruffley but I’m starting to feel the effects been very hungover and off food poorly stomach and itchy can anyone tell me how long this lasts I feel terrible but had to come off them as...

Last reply
  • Rash tapering off mirtazapine

Hi I'm currently on 1.5ml mirtazapine but have come up on a rash.... Is this a known withdrawal does anyone know?! I wouldn't put anything passed this drug anymore! 

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine. Good experiences

Hi all... so after trial and error on ssri's I've now been put on a different type of antidepressants... mirtazapine!! I'm on day 9 and feeling terrible. My Anxiety is through the roof, feeling very sick and generally exausted by life at the moment with this constant battle against depression...

Last reply
  • Relationship Killer

Hi I was on Mirtazapine 30 mg for 2 years about 5 years ago, I went off them and my sexual appetite came back. This year was on 15 mg since November last year then went up to 45mg for around 3 months it slowly 100% killed my sexual appetite to the point were I don't even wake up with a boner. I weaned...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine and back pain

Hi. I've been on Mirtazapine now for 4 months, 30mg for the past month. Since I went to 30 I've had severe back pain when I wake up, I already suffer with lower back pain but this is intense. I can't even get down to tie my shoes! Also I feel really groggy for about 4 hours after waking....

Posted
  • Mirtazpine withdrawal... How long!?

I have been on mirtazpine for nearly 3 years, solely to help with my insomnia episodes. I have only ever been on a dosage of 15mg. I've decided to come off them now as i was increasingly groggy and couldnt get out of bed and was starting affect my work. I've been taking 7.5mg for about 4 months...

Last reply
  • 4 weeks off now

Hi all, 4 weeks off mirt, today. Still have alot of anxiety and sleepless nites. I had that before. So, I have been working on being as ok as I can. I feel as though I have been held hostage, the waiting, anticipating, the hopping on the scale...so I am just gonna try and live, and see how that goes....

Last reply
  • Mirtazipine withdrawal support

Hi everybody, I'm just looking for some words of reassurance as I am exhausting all my friends. I don't think my family believes me that I'm experiencing withdrawal from mirtazipine after only being on 7.5 mg for 3 weeks but I truly am and I'm terrified. I've been off for a little...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal

Hey everyone, I've been on Mirtazapine 30mg since Feb his year but I've had alot of problems with. Ear infections, burning mouth syndrome etc. so my Psychiatrist think's I should come of it. He told me to cut down to 15mg and only take them for a week and then just stop. So I finally...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal horrendous

Hi!  I have been off and on Mirtazapine several times over the past 14 years.  I have also taken Gabapentin (off 2 years), Zoplicone (off 2 years), and Seroquel (off 11 months).  I have now been off the Mirtazapine for 4.5 months and the w/d symptoms have been horrific (chronic insomnia,...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawals

I saw my cpn today & she said she wants me to come off the Mirtazapine going from 7.5mg to 0. I asked her if i could do another week at 7.5mg until i feel a bit more stable. She's going to speak to the doctor tomorrow & let me know. I'm not going to drop from 7.5mg to 0 but i only have...

Last reply
  • Looking for positive reinforcement!!

Finished weaning off Sertraline 1 month ago. Was on 150mg for 1.5 years, was great for a year but after that just started feeling worse, so decided to switch - doc gave me mirtazapine. 2 weeks on 15mg just feeling worse and worse, now 2 weeks on 30mg and it's the same... getting worse. What do you...

Last reply
  • Off mirt for 12 nights

Hi, I stopped mirt 12 nights ago. I am undergoing extreme anxiety. My sleep is ok. I am taking melatonin and Benadryl at night to offset symptoms. Anyone else currently d/c this drug? BTW I was on 15mg for 4 months. Good for sleep but I gained 40 lbs. I started skipping doses, then tapered over the course...

Last reply
  • Tiredness on mirt

Hi all I have taken mirt for 2 years. Starting at 15 and now on 45. I think they help me sleep but not sure what else they do. I am also on 150mg of venlaflaxine. I have a terrible time waking up and sometimes feel quite anxious in the mornings. I think cos i am so tired and spaced out. I have a toddler...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine diet club

I thought I would start a thread about trying to lose weight on this drug. If others are currently dieting, please add your experiences here. I would like to discover whether we gain weight on mirtazapine purely because it increases our appetite, or whether other factors are at play. I certainly gained...

Last reply
  • Seeing gp and need advice about other meds

Seeing gp tomo morning need to ask gp I read on here that other ppl take something else along with there antidepressants and what is there. I want to ask gp about them . I'm seeing gp about my depression so I'm aware that she's starting me on something new tomo but not sure which one I've...

Last reply
  • Need advice / reassurance for withdrawl from mirtazapine 15

i am on mirtazapine 15 for past last 2 years; i intend to withdraw as per docter's advice but i am very upset after reading about withdrawl effects. Please help!!! I am 20 years and under weight. I have to recover and continue with my education; already lost 2 years. I want to be back on track as...

Last reply
  • Mirtazepine withdrawal cough

Hi all I have registered in this site to get some reassurance from people who may have successfully withdrawn from Mirtazapine. I was on 15mg for 6 months and tapered over 6 weeks. Halfway through tapering I developed a cough which I thought at the time was viral. I had stopped Mirtazapine for 2 weeks...

Last reply
  • coming off mirtazapine 15 mg

Hi I am wanting advise on the best way to come off of mirtazapine 15mg. I have been on them for 6-8 months and i have been worse on them that before I started taking them. I know all about the withdrawal etc I just want advise on weather to lower the dosage or go cold turkey. I am prepared for the worst...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine and constant dreaming / restless sleep

Hi all, I've been taking Mirtazapine 7.5mg or 15mg for around 4 weeks now for sleeping problems / depression / anxiety (they all seem to inter-relate and feed each other). For the first 3-4 days I thought they were brilliant - sending me to sleep and keeping me asleep longer. However, in the last...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine taper sedation

Hello, I hope someone can help me out. I am on mirtazapine for 4 months now. First i was on 7.5mg for a month, then 15mg. Soon i could not tolerate this dose, and reduced to 13mg. Was fine at this dose for a month. Then on Early september, i started to feel severe agitation on this dose and was force...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal, how long does it last?

Hi, Just looking for some reassurance/support. I was on mirtazapine for about 6months. I went up to 45mg and decided to taper down as I felt they were making me worse and the weight gain was nasty. I felt fab tapering down and generally, its been better than I anticipated however, I'm approaching...

Last reply
  • Diarrhea Mirtazapine

Ive been on Mirtazapine for 10 days... at first it was all fine. I wasnt tired, not zombieish and feeling good. For the past two days Ive sufferes serious diarrhea, joint and muscle pain and headache. Anyone else experience this? Does the diarrhea go away?

Last reply
  • Not hungry

I was put up to 375mg of venlafaxine with Mirtazapine 15mg but after 4 months it was decided it wasn't working. I'm reducing the venlafaxine at 75mg per week (go to zero this friday) and taking 30mg of mirtazapine. Since I started mirt I'm not feeling hungry whatsoever, is this a good sign...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.