Skip to content
Ad

Mirtazapine

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal, how long will this last??!!!!

Help! I slowly tapered off Mirtazapine. It's been 4 and a half weeks off it now and I'm sure I'm still experiencing withdrawal?! I have crippling morning anxiety and zero appetite, the weight gained on Mirt has fallen off! I also feel sick most of the day. I got so down last week that I very...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine an turmeric

Im mirtazapine 15mg an i wanted to start taking turmeric for health benefits most for my joint pain has anybody experience of taking both reading up on turmeric say u have to be careful with certain antidepressant an taking it anybody shed any light on this pls

Last reply
  • Coming of mirtazapine 15mg

Hi everyone I've been on 15mg of mirtazapine for 4months now and although they have massively helped me they have cause me to gain 2 stone ! 😱 And are making me so tired , after speaking with my doctor we have decided to take me off them , I'm starting 7mg from tonight for 2 weeks then...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal, how long does it last?

Hi, Just looking for some reassurance/support. I was on mirtazapine for about 6months. I went up to 45mg and decided to taper down as I felt they were making me worse and the weight gain was nasty. I felt fab tapering down and generally, its been better than I anticipated however, I'm approaching...

Last reply
  • MIRT WITHDRAWAL after 20 years, How and what I'm feeling.

Method of tapper: day 1 @ 30 mgs. days 2&3  @15 mgs Followed that method (no worrisome disturbing side effects)  Did that for 3 weeks. day 1-30 @15 slight side effects of mild headaches, fatigue, mild vision disturbance, mild internal tremors.  Nothing to scare me or that I couldn't...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine Successful Withdrawal Stories

Hi folks I'm new here but have been lurking for a while. I have been reading the Mirtazapine withdrawal threads. I am taking Mirt 7.5 mg and want to taper. Has anyone here tapered successfully and now fine without W/D symptoms? What was your tapering like and how difficult was it? I tapered Ambien...

Last reply
  • Nearly 4 weeks off Mirtazapine and insomnia horrendous!!!

Hi again guys....I posted last week about a constant headache I was experiencing after coming off Mirtazapine. I feel absolutely shocking.... I'm literally not sleeping at all!!! I have never known anything like it. My Dr gave me some Zopiclone but I'm only really taking it every other night....

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine Withdrawal- the key to success

In a month I will have come off mirtazapine completely and for some of that time I have been able to work and do my job pretty darn well. I went on mirtazipine for anxiety and it did not work and I put on 1 stone in weight was drowsy all the time and generally doped out. In some ways it was actually...

Last reply
  • Remeron/mirtazapine withdrawal

Hi, I'm in the process of tapering off Remeron. I was on 45 mg and went down to 30. I am having extreme withdrawal symptoms. I am sweating profusely, headaches, can't sleep, severe panic attacks, chest pain, chest pressure, internal shaking and trembling, unsteady on my feet like I'm tipping...

Last reply
  • My Experience on Mirtzapine - Anyone relate?

I was prescribed 30mg of Mirtzapine for Pure o Ocd & Depression & lack of sleep, back in 2005 and after feeling better in 2012 has a sucessful withdrawal. I was experiencing high agitation and aggression in my last year of taking. With OCD quietly in the background I experienced a bad episode...

Posted
  • Your experience with DREAMS and Mirtazapine

Hey guys, I've been on 30mg of Mirtazapine for one year and right now I'm weaning off them. I'm currently on 15mg, and have been taking that for a few days. I'd like to hear about your experience with having vivid dreams whilst being on this med. Nearly every night since taking this...

Last reply
  • Can I take low dosage of mirt indefinitely

Hi All I started taking ssri, snri and benzodiopine in 2012 for chronic nerve pain and little bit of sleep problem caused by it. I stopped taking them in 2015 and I couldn't sleep for straight 15 days. Started taking escitalopram, clonazepam and mirt (7.5mg). I tapered escitalopram and clonazepam...

Last reply
  • Fluoxetine or Sertraline?

Hi, Having had enormous difficulties with mirtazapine am slowly tapering off.  Am considering starting a different AD and am considering either fluoxetine or sertraline. I like the sound of fluoxetine as it has a longer half life, so easier to come of.  Could someone help me and give me done...

Posted
  • Mirtzapine Not Working??

Not sure if anyone can relate to anything I am writing? In 2005 I was diagnosed with OCD (Pure O) and was experiencing depression alongside. I was prescibed Mirtzapine - starting at 15mg for 1 week , then 30mg. I carried on taking this dose for the next 7 years and then decided to come off as I felt...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal

Hey everyone, I've been on Mirtazapine 30mg since Feb his year but I've had alot of problems with. Ear infections, burning mouth syndrome etc. so my Psychiatrist think's I should come of it. He told me to cut down to 15mg and only take them for a week and then just stop. So I finally...

Last reply
  • Worst period for withdrawal and when is relief?

For those who have withdrawn from mirtazapine when did you feel the worst and when did you finally start to feel better? I've been off over three weeks and already had dry eyes and head pressure is getting worse since getting off. My anxiety seems to be getting worse and I just don't feel that...

Last reply
  • Mitrazapine withdrawl ?

Hi all , my gp stopped my mirtazapine 2 weeks ago without tappering(I was on it for over 3 months) and put me on fluoxetine 10mg for 7 days and after that increased it to 20mg , since stopping mirtazapine I feel constant nasuea , but yesterday on day 13th without mirtazapine and day 12th of fluoxetine...

Last reply
  • 3rd month on 15mg, started feeling weak...

Hi all, here is my situation: 1. I started using mrt for insomnia/depression on May 1, 2. I was on 7,5mg for the 1 month, then upper the doze to 15 mg since 7,5mg made me always sleepy plus I got other known  side effects (dry mouth, blurry vision, dizziness, drowziness, dry eyes etc.), 3. Now...

Last reply
  • My experience with Mirtazapine. Anyone else had this?

Hi all, Apologies for the long post. I guess I should give a quick run down. I’m a 31 year old male from Australia. I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for around 15 years now. I was managing for a good few years but I was using marijuana to cope. My use became out of control so I decided...

Last reply
  • Withdrawals

Hi. I have previously been on fluoxetine on and off since I was 18. I'm 36 now. At the end of last year I ended my relationship with my boyfriend. Whilst I'm glad I did, at first I was a bit peeved that he didn't care. So the back end of last year that coupled with university exams, etc I...

Last reply
  • Is mirtazapine affecting my leg injury?

Hi, I have been struggling to come off mirtazapine now for some 17 months and counting. To deal with stress andanxiety of it all I started to go running. Something that worked really well. Unfortunately too well and after running pretty much every day I started to experinence a lot of leg pain. Some...

Posted
  • Horrible nasuea. What is the cause ?

Hi everyone. Since february, due to massive stress at work I started suffering with anxiety. Expierienced all kind of intrusive thoughts, felt like I was going crazy. Doctor put me on mirtazapine15mg which brought little relief to my anxiety but started making me feel depressed and not myself. I felt...

Last reply
  • First Time On Mirtazapine 15mg

Hi all, I've seen a lot of reviews online about this drug and thought I'd add my own two pennies' worth as the other reviews were tremendously helpful when I was researching the side effects of Mirt. So first of all - My conditions: 1. I seem to have inherited the genetic predisposition...

Last reply
  • Nightmares on mirtazapine

Hi every one I'm back on here again lol.. I was put on mirt year and half ago after 15 yrs on trazadone for depression which worked for me, but for some reason it stopped working for me and was given mirt to try as sleep was bad only falling asleep at 3 in the morin and awake at four again.. my doc...

Last reply
  • Ele Ele

Increase in Mirtazapine

My psychiatrist increased my Mirtazapine from 15mg to 30mg 2 weeks ago. i thought I was feeling better but today I don't feel so good. i feel low,numb and very tired. i have been on 45mg before and got back down to 15mg but had a bereavement and started to show signs that I was going down again so...

Last reply
  • Still experiencing difficulties at 0.05mg of mirtazapine

Hi, It has taken 17 long months but I am finally down to 0.05mg on mirtazapine. I have to keep going lower as each time I try to come off it becomes unbearable. I am still, even at this dose, experiencing really bad withdrawls. I am scared I will never be rid of it. Has anyone else had to go so low...

Last reply
  • Nausea

How common is nausea? What are your experiences? I'm trying to figure out whether the Mirtazapine is the cause or if it's something else. It's mostly in the morning, and I wake with a dry mouth. I also get very nasty dizziness after any short bursts of strenuous activity - just lifting a...

Last reply
  • Tumeric (Curcumin) & Mirtazapine

Hi Is anybody on Tumeric and Mirtazapine? I read Curcumin is also an anti depressive drug but am taking it in Tea form. For inflammation, pain etc Anybody have an idea if there might be any interaction?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.