Skip to content

Mirtazapine

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • DitchDoctor 2

Mirtazepine Withdrawal

Withdrawal symptoms, severity and length of time depend on the dosage, the length of time on the medication and the individual. Speaking as a health care professional and someone's who's titrated successfully off Mirtazepine I suggest the following: Get in the mindset right now that you will get through...

17 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ann55375 5

Mirtazapine for agitated anxiety

was given two years ago. Hasnt done much for my anxiety which was the real problem. Now decided to lower dose.  Have gone from 15 to 7.5 to 3.75 using cutter. Now trying to lower.  Sleep very erratic and feel strange, as if i am not so doped.  Dr gave me valium 2 years ago, I take 5mg night and try to...

20 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • helenj289 1

Mirtazapine withdrawal timeline - help!

Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me some guidance of what to expect during withdrawal from Mirtazapine. I have been taking 15 mg for about 8 months then tapered to 7.5 for a month and 3.75 for another month. I stopped taking it completely 3 weeks ago. Mirtazapine has helped me with sleep and anxiety...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Damocles 2

Started mirtazapine.

Hi all i have just started taking mirtazapine at 30mg and the following day I felt awful I didn't want to move my legs felt depleted but I'm not sure if that was just from the heat of the day recently. My head has been very unmotivated which I hoped this medicine would help. All in all I've felt very...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Campaigner8 2
  • Sparkle9876 2

Antidepressants making me worse

Been on 5 different types of antidepressant since February currently on mirtazapine 15mg and phenagan 50mg for sleep.i was on venlafaxine for 10 days and didn't sleep for more than couple hours, now I can sleepp but the anxiety and depression is so bad, Before I went on meds I was functioning. Now I'm...

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • pleasemakeit 2

Mirtazapine Withdrawal Tinnitus

Hi, After 2 months of Mirtazapine I asked the Doctor to come off. I tapered down to quarter of tablet. A few days after stopping I got Tinnitus noise at the back of my head and left ear which went on for 3 days. Rang doctors and he said go back on it. The noise went away which is not much use as I am...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rachael42781 2

Mirtazapine withdrawal, how long does it last?

Hi, Just looking for some reassurance/support. I was on mirtazapine for about 6months. I went up to 45mg and decided to taper down as I felt they were making me worse and the weight gain was nasty. I felt fab tapering down and generally, its been better than I anticipated however, I'm approaching the...

200 replies 7 votes Last reply
  • andy46832 2
  • Uptonogood 2

Taking Mirtazapine and Escitalopram together

Hi I have been taking 20 mg Escitalopram for about 18 months. It has been very effective in helping with depression, I cannot dispute that what so ever. Since taking it though, I've a lot of dizziness and even passing out. the trouble is, we don't know if it is a side effect or something else, but lots...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • OnALateNight 2

Quitting Mirtazapine 7.5mg cold turkey

I've been taking mirtazapine as a sleep aid for 4.5 years. I took 15mg for the first 3 years and 7.5mg for the remainder. I decided 4 days ago to quit cold turkey, as I'm hoping to have less brain fog if I'm not taking any meds. I thought I would post my progress here: Day 1: slept 4 hours. No side...

38 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gavin 52682 2
  • shaz6098 4

Orodispersible tablets

Hi everyone, I saw my gp yesterday and whilst I am still on 45mg mirt, he has changed the tablets to orodispersible to tablets (because they are slightly cheaper). Just wondered if anyone has tried them? Are they different to the tablets? Have you noticed any change? Thank you in advance Shaz

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • henrich 05890 2

15mg for 1 week after 4 weeks on 7,5mg, no improvements in mood

I'be been on mirtazapine 7,5 mg for 4 weeks struggling with all side effects: next day sedation, sleepeness, blurry vision, strange dreams, then increase a doze to 15 mg. It is been 1 week, and some side effects, including next deay sedation alsmost went away, but no improvements in mood. Actually, I...

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • chinney 3

dosage of mirtazapine.

Hi, I started taking mirtazapine 15mg  2 months ago, I found it very hard to wake myself up the morning, so I have reduced the dose to 7.5, i dont feel too lethargic now, i dont know wether it is safe to do that. A few years ago i was on mirtazapine for depression ( stopped 4 years ago) i was consuming...

35 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sue93029 1
  • Cathycat 3
  • david28533 5

Losing Weight Coming Off Mirtazapine

Has anyone else had a problem with weight loss when stopping Mirtazapine? I don't have an appetite, and feel sick at the stomach, and have lost 10 pounds. I am beginning to worry that it may be something else going on.

82 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • liz36314 1

coming off mirtazapine 15 mg

Hi I am wanting advise on the best way to come off of mirtazapine 15mg. I have been on them for 6-8 months and i have been worse on them that before I started taking them. I know all about the withdrawal etc I just want advise on weather to lower the dosage or go cold turkey. I am prepared for the worst...

36 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • nate28172 2
  • card123 1

Mirtazapine

Hi ​I've been on citatlopram for many years, but after a bad depressive episode, my GP changed meds suddenly to 15mg Mitrazapine. ​I'm not well mentally, and i've very short and irritable with everyone (that's not like me at all). ​Anyway, the worse part it the weakness in my legs, and feeling faint....

• David5678 2

Tapering off Mirtazapine - My Experience

Hi all, This wll be a brief record of my experience coming off Mirtazapine. Writing it down might help me stay focused on my goal and I'll try and answer any questions for others along the way. I've been on 15mg of Mirtazapine for 15 months now. For the first 9 months it worked wonders for me. Instantly...

8 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • gavin 52682 2

No sleep with mirtazapine

Hi Advice needed I was taking 15mg at night 15mg in the morning It stopped working last week for my insomnia I am now on 3.75mg of zoplicone to get me to sleep Anyone else had this? What's the solution? Any other dual meds they I could ask for alongside the mirt? Help neded

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Normal-again 2

Long term mirtazapine stopped working

I have been taking mirtazapine at 60mg per day for over 10 years now - I know that's a whopping big dose but due to chronic treatment resistant depression it was the only dose that actually worked. For over 8 years it worked brilliantly - lifted my depression, eased my anxiety and most importantly, enabled...

27 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Murv01 2

Really bad withdrawals

Hi has anybody any good ideas on how to come of mirt, I've managed to get down to 18.5 from 30 and feel nasty , this is the 3rd time I've tried to come off this drug. Any help would be greatly appreciated

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Mspanda 2
  • gavin 52682 2

Mirtazapine not sleeping

Hi Been on mirtazapine for 2months 15 in the morning 15 at night Been doing this as I couldn't sleep on 30 at night Few days ago I stopped sleeping on my usual 15 at night. Had this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions? Thanks

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • anthony57342 2

Three weeks in, your experiences?

So, I'm three weeks in to 15mg, and pretty meh. What was happening for you guys at three weeks? I'm interested to know how you felt, side effects, your mood, and how things changed after three weeks and onwards. Ant x

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kerry198726 2
  • Guest M

Mirtazapine withdrawal

Hey everyone, I've been on Mirtazapine 30mg since Feb his year but I've had alot of problems with. Ear infections, burning mouth syndrome etc. so my Psychiatrist think's I should come of it. He told me to cut down to 15mg and only take them for a week and then just stop. So I finally stopped taking...

703 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • linda8183 1
  • Notthatginger 3

Coming off Mirtazipine

Since being on mirtazipine I've gained 10kg! I'm currently on a dosage of 45mg at night. From tonight 17/05/17 I'm going to take half (22.5mg) for the next week. Then half again (11.25) for a week. Then go cold turkey. My doctors are not helpful and I've been asking to come off mirtazipine for 2...

22 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • frazzled 3

WITHDRAWAL MIRT & STARTING DULOXETINE DR

I'm sitting here looking at this new script for Cymbalta (duloxetine dr) 30 mgs. and terrified to take it because I've been taking Mirt. for over 20 years at doses between 15 & 30 mgs (15 for sleep & 30 for depression). I have no problem when I occasionally drop from 30 to 15 but I've been on 30 mg the...

• anthony57342 2

Mirtazapine and propranolol

Hi guys. Was prescribed these at the same time. 40mg propranolol twice a day, 15mg mirtazapine at bedtime. I'm one week in. Anyone else been put on this combination? What are your experiences? Thanks, Ant.

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • justin31392 2

Switching from mirtazapine to amitriptyline

Been on mirt for 1 year didnt like it not helping me went from 30 to 15 to 7.5 now on 25mg ami im really struggling sleep issues suicidal thoughts nausea i feel ive hit rock bottom and see no way out also been prescribed sertraline but to scared to take them thought id try the ami on its own my anxiety...

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.