Skip to content
Ad

Mirtazapine

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal

Hey everyone, I've been on Mirtazapine 30mg since Feb his year but I've had alot of problems with. Ear infections, burning mouth syndrome etc. so my Psychiatrist think's I should come of it. He told me to cut down to 15mg and only take them for a week and then just stop. So I finally...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal support group

Hi everyone just thought I would let you all know that the support group on Facebook is now secret so can't be searched for for privacy reasons, if anyone is wanting to join just message me on here! It's a lovely little group and has helped me amongst others x

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal, how long does it last?

Hi, Just looking for some reassurance/support. I was on mirtazapine for about 6months. I went up to 45mg and decided to taper down as I felt they were making me worse and the weight gain was nasty. I felt fab tapering down and generally, its been better than I anticipated however, I'm approaching...

Last reply
  • Am I making a massive mistake starting on Mirtazapine?

Hi, I picked up my first presentation yesterday for Mirtazapine. I stumbled across this website when looking into the medicine. It seems to be just negative things I have read about it.  So much so that I’m contemplating not starting it as it’s worryig me too much. 

Last reply
  • Slow taper doesn't work for some

Ive been reading a lot of tapering and I read that even a very slow taper doesn't prevent withdrawal symptoms for some people. Has anyone experienced this? I have a very sensitive system (I always had issues with medications as a child and I thought as an adult I would be different, but no) so I'm...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine you either hate it or love it😞

Hello everyone i found this website by accident when i was trying to figure out what was causing my abdomen to hurt so much, little did I know I was way in to deep into mirtazapine withdrawal not even knowing.... It all started after I took a trip and forgot to take my med bottle, (mirtazapine 30mg)...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal timeline - help!

Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me some guidance of what to expect during withdrawal from Mirtazapine. I have been taking 15 mg for about 8 months then tapered to 7.5 for a month and 3.75 for another month. I stopped taking it completely 3 weeks ago. Mirtazapine has helped me with sleep and anxiety...

Last reply
  • Ive been depressed for months now

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone can help me.. I’ve been struggling a lot initially started with a problem with my ear it would block up completely for weeks.. then my partner went into hospital then I had stressed with some exams I had to complete.. I woke up one day and I wasn’t me I couldn’t explain...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine for anxiety and lack of sleep

I have been taking Mirtazapine for only seven days. I experienced a big problem with the halt of functioning bowel movements after taking just one. As if this wasn't bad enough, nightmares and bad dreams were to follow, including one, waking up crying hysterically. ​Apparently this is what antidepressants...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal and pre diabetes diagnosis

I am 4 months off mirtazapine and just been told by my doc that I have pre diabetes. This is completely new to me - has anyone who has come off mirtazapine had the same problem?  It does explain why I have lost so much weight - I thought it was just due to the withdrawal.

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal

If anyone could share some of their experiences and perhaps advise on when this nightmare is going to end I'd really appreciate it.  I’m 34, otherwise healthy, started Mirtazapine (in some sense against my instincts) about two years ago due to severe anxiety (no depression at all) and panic...

Last reply
  • Insomnia

Hi. Just after a bit of advice. I have been on 15mg of mirtazapine for about 3 months. Unfortunately I have gained a stone during this time, plus I’ve now been told I have high cholesterol. I haven’t changed any eating habits and I am a regular gym goer. My gp has recommended I aim to come of this medication...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine isn't working anymore

Hi, i've been on Mirtaapine for around 2 years now (45mg), which had really helped with my Anxiety/Depression. However since around March 2009 whenever I've took Mirtazapine I feel really really itchy, and my legs really tingle, and I feel agitated in my head. I'm now finding it impossible...

Last reply
  • Will I gain weight from 3.75mg Mirtazapine?

I have a sleep anxiety issue, and I have been taking mirtazapine for 6 months which has worked great. I started on 15mg, then after 4 months I'd noticed I'd gained a lot of weight (normally on the very slim side so was a shock!) 2 stone to be precise. So I cut down to 7.5mg with no issues re...

Last reply
  • Week 14 off mirtazapine

Having a really bad day today, literally can't calm down, I'm shaking with anxiety and thoughts are racing, please anyone who has got through this tell me it will end! I wasn't even anxious before this 😭

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal? 6 weeks off.

Hi guys and gals, I'm happy that I found this website.. Makes me feel like I'm not totally alone in this :-) I was on Mirtazapine 7.5mg for anxiety and insomnia for more or less 1,5 years. Tried to go off a few times, but it never worked out. This time I did a slower taper... From 7.5mg to 3.75...

Last reply
  • Coming off mirtazapine

after three years, no better, slowly coming off this and having the usual spikes in anxiety, sleep problems and just down about it all.  Has anyone had roots of teeth ache during this taper? Feels like all nerves in mouth are jangling.

Last reply
  • Mania on mirtazapine withdrawal

hi all, i've been coming off mirtazapine under community mental health team. Been on mirtazapine for over 6 years, mostly 15mg for sleep but recently 30mg and then 45mg for depression. wasn't working so psych said to drop from 45mg to 15 mg overnight. wasn't sure but she insisted. never...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal, how long will this last??!!!!

Help! I slowly tapered off Mirtazapine. It's been 4 and a half weeks off it now and I'm sure I'm still experiencing withdrawal?! I have crippling morning anxiety and zero appetite, the weight gained on Mirt has fallen off! I also feel sick most of the day. I got so down last week that I very...

Last reply
  • Questioning my meds

I have been on venlafaxine for quite a few years and my doctor will have seen for over 10 years has slowly increased it. Now I’m at 225mg. Tried Prozac etc. I also take 15mg of mirtazapine at night and 1mg clonazepam at night. It is almost 6:30 am  and I cannot sleep. I almost wishing for...

Last reply
  • Drinking alcohol whilst on mirtazapine?

So it says it is best to avoid alcohol whilst taking mirtazapine.....would this be avoid alcohol completely or avoid excessive drinking? What is the effect of drinking alcohol whilst taking mirtazapine?

Last reply
  • Withdraw Mirtazapine strange symptoms

About one year ago I went to another country for studying, at that time I was totally new to live in another country. I felt anxious in doing everything, taking courses, talking with foreigners etc., It was like I cannot see the future of this "boring life". From that time I had long-term insomnia,...

Last reply
  • Quitting Mirtazapine (Insomnia Help) Read if you're struggling.

I have been on mirtazapine for just over a year on all doses 15 to 45mg constantly upping then lowering the dose. I have tried to quit multiple times due to the weight gain and haven't been able to cope with the insomnia. I can go days without sleep but get severely paranoid and delusional so it's...

Last reply
  • Withdrawals from Mirtazapine

Hey all i've been on this since 2004 mostly 30mg...since Oct Ive tappered down. The 30 pack lasted until just 2 days ago. I gradually decreased until 1 x 30mg tablet lasted 3 weeks. But I'm feeling very very anxious & cannot sleep...

Last reply
  • sleeping patterns?

I had some strange sleeping patterns and dreams when I was on 15mg and I have been off this damn drug for about 10 days now. Not having any major symptoms about this very vague sort of discomfort in the genital area from time to time, sometimes giving me a slight urge to pee. It might not be a side effect...

Last reply
  • Stopped mirtazapine 3months ago

im of mirtazapine 13wks today over last few wks I have had some good days a few bad ones also but last few days ive this awful ringing sound in my head anyone else get this ?? also anixety is pretty high again  kaz

Last reply
  • Excessive tiredness with Mirtazapine withdrawal

i have an adult son who went "cold turkey " off 30 mg Mirtazapine on psychiatrist's suggestion. He is on day 18 and has only had minimal anxiety however he is extremely tired all the time. Basically he gets up eats and goes back to sleep. He never had sleep problems before this. All the...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine Withdrawal

Hello Everyone I have been on 30mg for 8 years now and since June I started my withdrawal at 10% every 4 weeks. 3 days ago I started 15mg and today I have been feeling drowsy..... Please has anybody has this experience when withdrawing ? Any advice will be appreciated

Last reply
  • 15mg for about 2.5 months - stopped 3 days ago

So I started on the mirtazapine 15mg around mid October and initially I only had some drowsiness in the morning as a side effect. A few weeks later I had some strange dreams/nightmares along with some hallucinations, mainly hearing things that weren't there but they both eased off.  Around...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.