Skip to content

Mirtazapine

Also known as Remeron, Zispin SolTab

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • quit mirtazapine cold turkey....

i was on mirtazapine 7.5mg for 2 weeks and was great....but i wanted to be better and my anxiety to completely go away so then 15 mg for about a week, had all the horrible side effects, i was irritable, angry and started having panic attacks. i havent had one for ages until i started taking these! then...

Last reply
  • Hey Team, it's me the Bad Dreams Girl

Thank you to everyone who commented I really appreciate you taking the time.   Ten days in on the 15mg.  Bad Dreams have gone, only to be replaced with severe dizziness to the point of feeling like I'm going to pass out.  That too is slowing down, new symptom as of two days ago...

Last reply
  • going fofom 15 t0 30mg

I started with 30mirt .Stopped after 4 days. on my own went t7.5 then 15. was having anxiety but little depression. went to 30 and felt very tired.Still a little anxiety but maybe a little more depressed. Only been 5 days. Will tiredness go away. Will depression and axiety improve. I thought the lower...

Last reply
  • Remeron for insomnia, anxiety and weight gain

Hi I have just started Remeron for  mainly severe chronic insomnia and am Adult ADD. I have tried almost every other sleep medication out there.  My Dr. said   this should definitely help me sleep. On low dose 15mg. but may gain weight. She said I may escape that trap if I am dilligent...

Last reply
  • Fatigued!!!!! 7 weeks off Mirtazapine

Hi, So I've been off Mirtazapine about 7 weeks now and most days I'm brutally fatigued. My sleep seems to be fine however, I sleep 7-8 hours per night, don't know how deep the sleep is though.. Anyone else with 'Chronic Fatigue' since quitting MIrtazapine?

Last reply
  • My Mirtazapine has stopped working for insomnia

Hello, My Mirtazapine has stopped working for early morning insomnia.  I've weaned myself completely off and now have primary insomnia.  If I stop it how long before it's out of my system and if I start retaking it again will it be effective again?   Experiencing extreme anxiety...

Last reply
  • Globus, Mirtazapine and Libido

I'm a 49 year old male. 18 months ago my doctor suggested I try anti -depressants to control symptons of anxiety. At the time I was feeling quite low and dissillusioned, although I wouldn't say I was depressed. I have had panic attacks over the years since my early teens so I guess I am prone...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine 30 mgs

Hi, Only been on these now for 2 nighys but i’m feeling really strange/weird/odd the next day. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last reply
  • Hi everyone, me again. My first question was about dreams.

9 days in and the dizziness has subsided thank god, new and painful symptom is a sore tongue it's got these mega cracks in it.  I have had a very dry mouth and have been drinking approx 2 Litres of water a day but today is the worst any advice until I can get back to the doctor about how I can...

Last reply
  • No weight gain on Mirtazapine

Hi all helpful people, is there anyone here who did not put any weight on Mirtazapine or weight gain was minimal? I have been on Mirt for a month and I know I will stay on it for a few months before I can taper down. I am very strict with my diet at the moment  and have been exercising a lot to...

Last reply
  • Funny feeling when standing like pulse in my ears

Hi all, I’ve posted on here before about coming off Mirtazapine, I successfully withdrew from Mirtazapine a few weeks ago but the rebound anxiety was too much and I caved and took 7.5mg again which I dropped back down to 3.75mg but started not being able to sleep. I have now upped it to 7.5mg again and...

Last reply
  • Increased Appetite 3 weeks after Mirtazapine Discontinuation

Hi All.  I was on Mirtazapine for about a month.  I had a bad experience with the drug.  It did help me to sleep for the first couple weeks and my appetite was noticeably improved shortly after taking the drug.  I was losing a lot of weight and was one of the primary reasons I was...

Last reply
  • Coming off Mirtazapine

HELP! I have been on Mirtazapine for just over a year at 15mgs. I started to cut down at the end if April and began by cutting the dose to 11.25mgs and stayed on that dose for a month. Have been on 7.5mgs for about 10 days now. I now have extreme fatigue/ exhaustion which is getting worse by the day....

Last reply
  • Is there an easy/obvious substitute for Mirtazapine?

I've been treated with 30 mg of mirtzapine since november, the first week and a half was absolutely euphoric for me but has settled down since then. This pill has done a lot for me, from general mood and motivation to regaining my ability to work. however since November I've gained about 30kg(66...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine 30mg week 3

Hi all who are taking or used to take Mirtazapine for depression and it worked for you. I have been on Mirt just over 3 weeks (1st week on 15mg and past 2 on 30mg). I have recently started feeling brighter and grogginess is no longer an issue. I am able to fall asleep on my own (drowsiness half an hour...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal, how long will this last??!!!!

Help! I slowly tapered off Mirtazapine. It's been 4 and a half weeks off it now and I'm sure I'm still experiencing withdrawal?! I have crippling morning anxiety and zero appetite, the weight gained on Mirt has fallen off! I also feel sick most of the day. I got so down last week that I very...

Last reply
  • Quetapine/mirtazapine withdrawdals

OK so I've been on a high dose of quetapine for over a year 300my at night and 25my X3 times daily. I've been diagnosed with clinical depression, personality disorder and ptsd. For the past few months I have felt unwell it started with an itch and then dizziness. I tried antihistamines changing...

Last reply
  • serious side effect of Mitazapine

I was on Mirtazapine for a while, soon after taking them I had pneumonia.  As I recovered I found I was breathless at the slightest exertion.  It went on for a while and so I looked up the side effects of all the med I am on, and sure enough breathless is a side effect of Mirtazapine. ...

Posted
  • Mirtazapine Withdrawal- Hang In There

Hi Guys, Just wanted to give some hope to those struggling with Mirtazapine withdrawal.  Long story short I was given WAY too high a dose of mirt. to help with occasional insomnia a few years ago and my body had a terrible reaction (Constant Anxiety, Depression when I had never been depressed before,...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal

Hi all, does anyone know how long it will take to start to feel better once stopping mirtazapine. Was on 30mg for 14 weeks, still feeling really tired. 

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal

Hey everyone, I've been on Mirtazapine 30mg since Feb his year but I've had alot of problems with. Ear infections, burning mouth syndrome etc. so my Psychiatrist think's I should come of it. He told me to cut down to 15mg and only take them for a week and then just stop. So I finally...

Last reply
  • Flu-like symptoms

I've been getting flu-like symptoms since dropping Mirtazapine, also VERY VERY tired. 5+ weeks now, not really sure. Maybe 6. Anyone relate?

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal 70+ days later?!

Hi all, After a sudden onset of severe anxiety and depression last year, I spent the following month in a vicious cycle, waking every morning with anxiety and dread, lasting most the day, before calming down on the night. This was on and off until I started taking mirtazapine. At first I was stlil getting...

Last reply
  • Treating anxiety/depression??

I started off with a very bad case of the shakes tremors tears etc.. Gp gave me diazepam 2mg and then after a week with not a lot of sleep was prescribed mirtazapine. Is it the case that depression comes from anxiety, as now I don't want to leave the house and feeling like I'm lost and very...

Last reply
  • Diazepam 2mg and Mirtazipine 30mg

Hi there, ive been on 30mg Mirtazipine for around 9 months now but my Anxiety has been through the roof. I've got 2 diazepam that I've kept for emergencies and treat them like gold dust, ive read online that taking them together will cause a "moderate" interaction and im just wondering...

Last reply
  • Sleepiness on Mirtazapine

I have been on 30mg of Mirt for just over a week. The first week was not too bad and I felt a bit groggy first thing every morning and then I was more alert, however the last two days I have been felling groggy and sleepy all day really (I used to feel like this for a week on 15mg before I upped to 30mg)....

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine (Remeron) Withdrawal Success Story!!

Hello all! I see a lot of taper / withdrawal threads on here explaining how bad it was for a lot of people but I wanted to share my experience with a relatively easy taper so those who google it don’t get completely terrified / hopefully it helps some people. I was on mirtazapine for GAD and Panic Disorder...

Last reply
  • muscle pain early morning

I am on week 7 of crf.15mirt 300 ven 150am 150 pm.I am walig up with terrble shoulder and neck neck pain and overall body ache. Anybody experience anything like. scares me.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.