Skip to content

Mirtazapine

Also known as Remeron, Zispin SolTab

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Coming off antidepressants

Hi iv been on 45mg mirtazapine for 6yrs which I'm sure is 2 long. Iv spoke 2 my docter 2wks ago bout coming off them so she has put me on 30mg. How long will it take for me to get weened off them?

Last reply
  • Remeron increase

After being on remeron 15mg for 3 weeks and not getting any positive results, my doctor increased the dosage to 30mg. How long do i have to wait and see any difference in my depression?

Last reply
  • Drinking Alcohol With Mirtazapine?

I've never drank whilst taking this medication but I would like to as a social thing. I plan on just drinking a little at home at first to figure out what its like for me with effects ect... I understand you can get more sleepy which isnt an issue for me I also know you can get depressed whilst …

Last reply
  • Has Anyone Successfully Stopped Taking Chlorpromazine?

I have been taking 100mg of Chlorpromazine for night time anxiety for several years now and wan to stop taking it by tapering the dose using 50mg and 25mg tabs. Does anybody out there have a good experience of quitting this drug? I shall be talking to my GP but value personal experience. Any help …

Posted
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal and brain zaps

Hi I’m on week 5 off Mirtazapine and having brutal withdrawals, increased anxiety, depression, can’t eat , nausea, some muscle twitching in the morning, waking early and feeling crap about the day , crying spells, no appetite I’m also having brain zaps that feels like a second of a short circuit …

Last reply
  • How to come off mirtazapine safely

Been on Mirtazapine for approx 4 months, currently 22.5mg. Also taking 40mg Seroxat. What's the best way to come off Mirtazapine? The side effects outweigh the benefits. The medical profession have just left me in limbo. They were quick to put me on to the Mirtazapine but have offered no help …

Last reply
  • Bereavement of husband

My husband died in March and I miss him terribly every day. Sunday is a long day and I feel it more then. Each day when I wake up it hits me - today is another day that I haven't got him. I would like to make some contact with him just to know that he is happy and hopefully watching over me. …

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal horrendous

Hi!  I have been off and on Mirtazapine several times over the past 14 years.  I have also taken Gabapentin (off 2 years), Zoplicone (off 2 years), and Seroquel (off 11 months).  I have now been off the Mirtazapine for 4.5 months and the w/d symptoms have been horrific (chronic …

Last reply
  • how do I go down from 30 mg mirt to 15 mg

Iwent to my shrink and told him that I hav a friend who is on 300 ven and 15mg mirt for three years and feels great. so he said try it. I am on 300ven and 30 mirt. here is my problem. do I just cut  right down to 15 which I did last night or as my regular doc doc sa[d that he did not think it …

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal, how long does it last?

Hi, Just looking for some reassurance/support. I was on mirtazapine for about 6months. I went up to 45mg and decided to taper down as I felt they were making me worse and the weight gain was nasty. I felt fab tapering down and generally, its been better than I anticipated however, I'm …

Last reply
  • off mert

I have been put on nortrrypoline.25 1week 50 week2 75 week three. mert from 30 to 15 one week 7.5 next week.then done.Both dr and pharmacist say this should not be a problem

Last reply
  • anxiety in morning and afternoon

i seem to have all my anxiety and a littledepression in am andafternoon but better at night.  am on 30 mirt 300 venThe anxiety is  more troublesome. I know my doc is going to tell me to go to 45 mirt bfut fromm all I have read I am afraid to. Been on 30 mirt almost 2 mths. ven for 2 yars …

Last reply
  • taking 15mg of mirtazapine

A few years ago I was taking 20mg of mirtazapine I slowly came off them, whilst I was taking them I use to have bouts of stomach pain, when I stopped taking th mirtazapine the pain stopped, I have now started taking 15mg again and have had tummy pain aching in my back, the doctor said its nothing …

Last reply
  • My withdrawl from 15 mg of mirtrazapine.

Hi. I've taken mirtrazapine for over 7 months. For anxiety, grief, depression. In May I felt well and started a slow withdrawal under doctors suoervision. First 4 weeks took 3/4 of a 15 mg pill. Cut the pill into 4 segments and took 3. Did this for 4 weeks. Then cut down to half a pill or two …

Last reply
  • Problems discontinuing Mirtazapine, please help me!

Hello everybody! I'm a 21 year old male, was always in good health, active, energetic. I'm new to the forum and I'm doing my best to post this under the appropriate terms. My story goes like this: On May 24th 2018 I was prescribed Mirtazapine by a psychiatrist because I had an acute …

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine cold turkey from 45mg

Okay so I have been on mirtazapine 45 mg for about 2 years now. Don't get me wrong this done the job for me I was sleeping every night and panic attacks and anxiety had impoved so much. But I have been going to the gym 5 times a week and eating so healthy but still gaining weight I used to be …

Last reply
  • waves of depression

I am on 30mirt and 300ven. Does any one feel that depression comes in waves. Feel ok for a while and then depressed for a while. the only constant good feeling is like after 8 oclock . and good for the rest of the night.

Last reply
  • Interaction from mirtazapine, magnesium glycinate, and effexor??

So some back story is I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for years and was stable at one point but for the past two years it's been extremely terrible. I was on mirtazapine 15mg, rexulti 1mg, and venlafaxine 37.5mg for a about 7 months. I was barely getting through even on all …

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine 15mg & sertraline 50mg side effects

Hi all first post here. Finally had enough with feeling down and have constantly had sucidial thoughts in my head almost everyday,so I went to see the Dr's who put me on sertraline 50mg and I made an appointment with a wellness councillor. The wellness councillor said I have aniexty and …

Last reply
  • 100% successful remeron withdrawal!

This is for everyone wondering about Remeron withdrawal. First off let me say stop with all these horror stories giving people false hope! I was one of them! I have withdrawal from 7 medications since August of last year, Zyprexa, Depakote, propranolol, Seroquel, Valium, Remeron, and Lamictal. I …

Last reply
  • Muscle stiffness and weakness on Mirtazapine

I take 15mg Mirtazapine daily for the past 6 months and during this time I have began to get stiff hands and feet, acompanied by muscle weakness.  For example; I cannot make a fist or grip even a pillow in the morning, I have to use two hands to lift a full kettle, and I hobble around for …

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal timeline - help!

Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me some guidance of what to expect during withdrawal from Mirtazapine. I have been taking 15 mg for about 8 months then tapered to 7.5 for a month and 3.75 for another month. I stopped taking it completely 3 weeks ago. Mirtazapine has helped me with sleep and …

Last reply
  • mirtrazapine

Now started taken15mg mirtrazapine, , the last couple of days my tummy has been upset, today had pains across my tummy, I have taken some kolanticon Gel which has eased it, does anyone else get this problem, Thank you.

Posted
  • Cold turkeyed Mirtazapine

Please someone help I really need advice!!, I cold turkeyed mirtazapine and didn't reinstate until 5.5 weeks later as the horrible anxiety didn't surface until then. I only had total nausea the first 4 weeks and lost a stone. I reinstated at 3.9mg for 5 days then 7.5mg for 8 days. I Then …

Last reply
  • Advice on reinstating Mirtazapine

Hi, I was on 15 mg Mirt for 10 weeks, then 30 for 2, then dropped back to 15 for 4 nights then nothing for 7 nights.  When I dropped down to 15 I started getting muscle tremors in my legs at night and they have progressively got worse to the point where where they are every 10 seconds or so on …

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine failed taper - reinstating

Hi - need some advice. I have been on mirtazapine since August 2016 and I had been doing great with my depression and also my anxiety... but I put on a load of weight so my Psych wanted to swap mirtazapine for Wellbutrin... well I tapered from 30mg to 0 in 8 days.. and after 2 weeks - I CRASHED …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.