Skip to content
Ad

Mirtazapine

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Tiredness on mirt

Hi all I have taken mirt for 2 years. Starting at 15 and now on 45. I think they help me sleep but not sure what else they do. I am also on 150mg of venlaflaxine. I have a terrible time waking up and sometimes feel quite anxious in the mornings. I think cos i am so tired and spaced out. I have a toddler...

• Groggy

I’m taking this for insomnia and general anxiety and been taking 15mg at night for a week. Knocks me out! Much better than benzos which I had been taking for about a couple of months and which were incredibly difficult to come off. Withdrawal is a nightmare even after only a few months. Only problem...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal, how long does it last?

Hi, Just looking for some reassurance/support. I was on mirtazapine for about 6months. I went up to 45mg and decided to taper down as I felt they were making me worse and the weight gain was nasty. I felt fab tapering down and generally, its been better than I anticipated however, I'm approaching...

Last reply
  • Mirtazipine withdrawal support

Hi everybody, I'm just looking for some words of reassurance as I am exhausting all my friends. I don't think my family believes me that I'm experiencing withdrawal from mirtazipine after only being on 7.5 mg for 3 weeks but I truly am and I'm terrified. I've been off for a little...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine. Good experiences

Hi all... so after trial and error on ssri's I've now been put on a different type of antidepressants... mirtazapine!! I'm on day 9 and feeling terrible. My Anxiety is through the roof, feeling very sick and generally exausted by life at the moment with this constant battle against depression...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine 7.5MG Withdraw. (Please read)

**Anyone who reads this please do not go cold-turkey from this medication** I have tried to come off this medication once -- I went cold-turkey without realizing what it would do. I wasn't informed about the withdrawal symptoms I would get if I tried to stop it and If I had known before taking...

Last reply
  • Have to come off mirtazapine in less than a week!

I'm having horrible side effects off mirtazapine I've been on them a year I noticed they had stopped working at 7.5mg so I went cold turkey for 6 days it was horrendous don't do it! Anyways went back on 15mg then few days later doctor told me to up 30mg so I've been back on them for 2...

Last reply
  • Coming off Mirtazapine - extremely tired

Hi all, For about 8 years I was on high doses of Anafranil (225mg) and 15mg of Mirtazapine. I've been slowly reducing the amounts for over a year (!). Now I'm down to only 7.5 mg Mirtazapine. I am feeling a bit better mentally (more color in my life :-)) but am generally feeling very tired....

Last reply
  • Remeron withdrawal hell!!!

I was put on Remeron (mirtazapine) by an Egyptian doctor when I worked in Saudi Arabia a year and a half ago and suffered from GERD. He told me that it would remove the nausea and help me sleep. That it did. What I didn't realize though was how difficult it would be to quit it. I'm at my wits...

Last reply
  • depressed for months and not getting any better!!

hi there was wondering if anyone could cast a light on depression and how to get yourself motivated again...i was prescribed mirtizapane for about 4 months and didnt get along with them at all ..i have now been prescribed venalfaxine 37.5 time release.....my problem is i know antidepressents arnt the...

Last reply
  • Withdrawl

Hi, I know this was 3 years ago, but I'm worried- I'm 17, and I have been on mirtazapine for 3 months (not long compared to all of you), but when I was younger I was bullied because of my weight and when I was sexually assaulted I lost all my weight due to stress and ect, the doctor eventually...

Last reply
  • Can you become "immune" to the sedating effect of mirtazapine?

Can't think of the correct word that i wanted to use but basically what i'm trying to say is can you become immune to the sedating effect of mirtazapine? Been taking it for nearly six weeks now and it has been great for my sleep, (helping me to fall asleep quickly), but lately i have been having...

Last reply
  • Sore eyes on mirtazapine

Has anyone else suffered with  sore eyes on mirtazapine? Currently tapering off and have had sore eyes on and off  whilst on this med but they're really bad today! Just want to Keep my eyes shut. Has anyone else experienced this?  Tha ks

Last reply
  • Tiredness on mirt

Hi all I have taken mirt for 2 years. Starting at 15 and now on 45. I think they help me sleep but not sure what else they do. I am also on 150mg of venlaflaxine. I have a terrible time waking up and sometimes feel quite anxious in the mornings. I think cos i am so tired and spaced out. I have a toddler...

Posted
  • Should i drop or come off completely?

Hi there, Been on Mirtazapine for approx 5 months. Been tapering from 30mg. Down to 7.5mg for a week. Going to stay on 7.5mg for a further week. Should i come straight off the Mirtazapine? Or should i drop it down to 3.75mg? Don't want to lengthen the withdrawal process any longer than i need to,...

Last reply
  • Groggy

I’m taking this for insomnia and general anxiety and been taking 15mg at night for a week. Knocks me out! Much better than benzos which I had been taking for about a couple of months and which were incredibly difficult to come off. Withdrawal is a nightmare even after only a few months. Only problem...

Posted
  • MIRTAZAPINE 30mg STOPPED WORKING?

Hi everyone.  Ive been on mirt for 6 months. All going well until past 2 weeks.  Now experiencing the dark lows, burst into tears over nothing, increased energy & weight loss.  I strongly feel that meds are no longer working.  Has anyone had this experience?  LOST

Last reply
  • Feeling a bit down now. And can't cope.

I've been messed up on my AD. Was on floxutine40mg for 13yrs. Stopped working for me. Then switched to Mirtazapine45mg no weaning between. Did have any effect so put on Sertraline50mg had bad reaction on them. Dr put back on to Mirtazapine30mg now for a week then on to 15mg nxt wk and a following...

Last reply
  • Weight gain on Mirtz!

Hi all I’ve been on this med for just over 2 years and have gained 2 stone as well as it not doing anything for my anxiety or depression all it does is makes me get a nights sleep after suffering insomnia for years. My anxiety and depression is still with me every day. If I change meds’ or come off the...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine - Making a Liquid to help tapering

It is advisable to taper no more than 10% per month, or 5% every 2 weeks. Or listen to your body - if WD symptoms are present wait a little longer. This slower method is possible by making a liquid solution. Tapering to less than 1 mg may be necessary to enable a secure landing, 0.9 mg to 0.1 preferably...

Last reply
  • Coming off Mirtazapine

I foolishly decided to stop taking Mirtazapine 15 mg 10 days ago because my restless legs were going ballistic. I now know I shouldn’t have gone cold turkey as I am now feeling sick, getting more migraines and have insomnia, which is ironic as that is the reason I was on Mirtazapine, not for depression...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine taper sedation

Hello, I hope someone can help me out. I am on mirtazapine for 4 months now. First i was on 7.5mg for a month, then 15mg. Soon i could not tolerate this dose, and reduced to 13mg. Was fine at this dose for a month. Then on Early september, i started to feel severe agitation on this dose and was force...

Last reply
  • Just been put back on these ?

I was taking 45mg for about 2-3 mths but Friday I had a melt down and wasn't coping. So I went to gp and took me off of the and started me on another one sertraline and I've had really bad side effect so she has suggest to stop these sertraline and start back on Mirtazapine and wean me off these.?...

Last reply
  • Should i stop mirtazapine

Good evening all, after going cold turkey for 6 days from 7.5mg I went back on mirtazipine at 15mg for 2 days then doctor told me to go 30mg which was 5 days ago but since I went cold turkey I've been suffering from a panic disorder which I never normally have (i have anxiety ) I think the mirtazapine...

Last reply
  • Mirtazepine tapering headache from hell!

Horrendous headache from hell,but completely unresponsive to my usual 2 cocodamol,400mg Bruges and rizatrptan melt 10mg,that I take for migraine (usually need all 3 together to ease migraine) but at least they usually work,not so with this mirtazepine headache from hell! last dropped from 22.5mg to 18.75mg...

Last reply
  • Advice on Mirtazapine - Should I stick on it?

Hello, I have been depressed for the past 5 1/2 months now. My psych prescribed minitran ( a drug sold in greece that contains Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Perphenazine) at first and then a month later added fluvoxamine maleate. As both of these drugs didn't really work much, my...

Last reply
  • Mirtz only makes me sleep!

Hi all new to this group I’ve been on mirtz for just over 2 years now started off with 30mg and then past 11 months been on 45, the only thing they do to me is help me sleep I also have severe anxiety and depression and during day I have anxiety attack’s and my depressed mood is never far Away also gained...

Last reply
  • Feeling detached from body off mirtazapine

In August my mirtazapine pooped out and I started to feel severely anxious and as I was cooking dinner my hands didn't look like mine it freaked me out so much! Since then I have felt so detached from my body and it causes me to panic! I was only on 7.5mg so since it weren't working no more I...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine Withdrawal

Hello Everyone I have been on 30mg for 8 years now and since June I started my withdrawal at 10% every 4 weeks. 3 days ago I started 15mg and today I have been feeling drowsy..... Please has anybody has this experience when withdrawing ? Any advice will be appreciated

Last reply
  • I want to talk seriously and hope someone can help

HI I have been of Mirtazapine now for 16 days, I know it sound silly to count the days but that what its down to.  I went off the med because I started having bad swelling in my ankles, feet and legs and then extreme pain in my legs and thighs.  I was on 3.75mgs for about 10 weeks and then...

Last reply
  • Still not feeling good going back on mirtazipine

I know it's only been a week of mirtazapine (went cold turkey for 6 days, bad idea it really messes with you! Don't do it!!) My anxiety so bad especially around 1pm-5pm (I have no idea why!!!) And my depersonalisation is really bad at this time like I feel I'm gonna lose it! This time yesterday...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine Advice: Pros & Cons

I started Mirtazapine 30 mg 4 nights ago. Doc replaced Trazodone 50 mg with Mirtazapine and added Vyvanse as well. Reason was increased insomnia, anxiety, depression & extreme night terrors due to a new major stress issue with my son. Day 1: Woke up with "Hangover" & pounding headache....

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine withdrawal, how long will this last??!!!!

Help! I slowly tapered off Mirtazapine. It's been 4 and a half weeks off it now and I'm sure I'm still experiencing withdrawal?! I have crippling morning anxiety and zero appetite, the weight gained on Mirt has fallen off! I also feel sick most of the day. I got so down last week that I very...

Last reply
  • How to come off mirt

I've tried coming off mirtazapine many times before but failed. I've gone 3weeks mirt free and boy it's hard. I'm having terrible anxiety the sickness feeling is horrendous. I don't want to eat anything, when I don't  eat I get what I can only say is trapped wind (indigestion)...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.