Nine weeks off Mirtazapine – after nine years on Mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm currently in the midst of Mirtazapine withdrawal symptoms (acknowledged by my lovely, wise doctor), having finally come off 7.5mg, after tapering down from 15mg over the past year. Essentially, I feel like a new person, but my previously rock solid sleep has broken down, I have significant anxiety, and the going is tough. I'm averaging one completely sleepless night every week, and the nights in between range from mediocre to downright lousy - and rarely more than four or five hours sleep at a time. I'm determined to push through it, and live well and drug-free, but I sure could use some words of encouragement right now, from those of you who may be in a similar predicament, or who have successfully come out the other side.

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Delighted to hear you're off it Jake, well done!

I've been on it a year and a half.

On 7.5 at the moment after previously been on 15.

I tried to come off it last summer but couldn't take the insomnia!

Best of luck, please keep us updated with your progress. I plan on trying to go off again in a few months.

• Posted

Hi Jake

yes I hear you its tough going Ive been on antidepressants 27 years and trying to get off now my nights are same and my anxiety thru the roof but like you determined to get off.

Keep going you can do this longterm we will be better off .

I feel like giving up at times cos last 6 months not been easy as you can imagine I have lots of symptoms.

They have increased as I got to lower levels and now I'm not taking anything.

Keep going please gives me encouragement too

• Posted

Hi Jake

Checkout my reply to Bettyboob under the withdrawal topic. In my experience its the key to ditching this drug. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.