no emotions

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have been on mirt for quite a while it has helped my deppression but it has left me with no emotions at all i dont feel happy i dont feel sad i feel nothing.i dont look forward to anything i just feel nothing anyone else had this effect?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi there

yep the same thing is happening to me it feel really odd also i get as well feeling like everything around me is not real sort of a far away feeling which then make me panic when i go out

sorry i cant give u a answer but least you know your not the only one

stefen

• Posted

Yes i feel that too its really weird as if your not connected to anything glad im not alone
  • Posted

Yep, me to, I lost my brother-in-law last week, attended his funeral on wednesday and nothing no tears no pain or sorrow for my very close and loved sister. I went with the flow. Dont know if its a good thing or bad, i know i would not of been able to get through that funeral before i was on my meds, i also take seroxat, bete-blockers and valium.

Dont know if this has helped, but at least you know you are not alone.

• Posted

Yes, i feel exactly the same. I feel no emotions.... I am also surprised to read that this drug can make you gain weight, when one of my original problems has been weight gain.
  • Posted

yes it does give u weight gain just to make matters worse
  • Posted

Hello.

I'm somewhat relieved to see someone else had these symptoms, i've had them for a little while now and thought it was just me. I feel numb in someways, not particularly sad, but not happy either. Everything is almost dream like, it doesn't seem real. It's not at all pleasant.

• Posted

Even when I have emotions I seem to not really feel them, as if I can't receive the signal. I've been on Mirtazapine for almost a year now and I just feel scared at how detached I'm becoming. I try so hard to empathies and to think like a truly sentient being but I just feel like a tree the sways slightly in the wind; only growing and getting older but never touched by the colourful blossoms of emotion. I really want to get off this medication now but I just don't know if I can cope. I've tried a few times and I can't sleep if I don't take it and if I make it through a couple of nights I just become a dark and emotional wreck. I hate this **** medicating society! *****!

So much for tolerable side effects, ever life is tolerable but if you can't feel how can you live! This intolerable apathy is killing me.

I'm going to try again in summertime. Hope that lights warmth can guide me through.

• Posted

This is quite a relief to see that I am not the only one who has been experiencing this problem. I started taking mirtazapine awhile back for anxiety, it seemed like a miracle drug at first. Lately though, or for awhile now I seem to have lost touch with all emotions. I am never happy, sad, just a constant state of nothing. I feel numb to the world and it is a shame because I use to enjoy life so much more. On top of this I have also experienced weight gain, which is depressing in itself. This drug is a hard one to decide if its worth it.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up