no emotions

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have been on mirt for quite a while it has helped my deppression but it has left me with no emotions at all i dont feel happy i dont feel sad i feel nothing.i dont look forward to anything i just feel nothing anyone else had this effect?

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Interesting!!! I have been on Mirt for years for PTSD & Sleep. When I lost my Mum to more Dementia I all of a sudden couldnt sleep for the 1st time in my life. I was also completely isolated.

It gives me mostly a good deep Sleep but I never realized that even a Low Dose (7.5mg) could cause Emotional Numbness. This has been my #1 complaint for years not being able to feel properly, although still feeling very Low, Deeply Lonely, Discouraged and Broken.

Im scared to come off though as I have NO Emotional Support System. I thought the Numbness was related to the HORRIFIC

Trauma & Loss of Significant FAM Members I was once so close to.

I was considering going UP on this to relieve feeling so numb, low and broken but maybe if I came off Id be even more of a blithering mess.

It is HORRID to not be able to feel properly, but also horrible to feel the depths of Loss, Trauma, inconsolable Heartbrokenness & Killer-Isolation too...

Maybe I should try to get a Counsellor before trying coming off this to see if it helps with the numbness...

• Edited

hi there i feel exactly the same emotionless and constantly not happy but not sad just a emptiness inside, iv worked out that you cant have a few beers without blacking out and feeling really depressed and can result to being suicidal the morning after and as a ex fellow weed smoke you cant smoke either as it will put you in a fainting and nausea state.

• Posted

Hi,

I also have no emotions and this scary zombie-like detatched feeling. Problem is i only got it after i quit mirtazapine, and not on it. So i dont know how to make it go away!

• Posted

my bf is going through the same thing - he's been off of mirt for 3 months now and feels totally numb. i'm wondering if you ever started to feel normal again?

• Posted

i've been feeling kind of the same, i used to have debilitating anxiety attacks followed by depression, so phoned the Dr, they started me on 15mg Mirtazapine, what helped a lot but constantly tired (best nights sleep i've had in years so that was a bonus!), then up to 30mg, was on that for close to a year but had some anxiety a few weeks ago so the Dr put me on 45mg, i'm still having the physical effects of anxiety but mentally feel like an empty shell just going through life feeling nothing.

• Posted

yeah same, no emotions.

On mirtazapine for 2 years and no emotions - not happy or sad, just existing. I have tappered off to 15 mg from 45 mg, hope to get rid of all meds and be a normal human again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.