1 week post bi-lateral Terbinate surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having a lot of mucus dripping from the nose, mostly accompanied with some blood. It took 4 days for me to stop bleeding and had to stay in hospital 18 hours over the scheduled time, so the recovery team suggested I have a clotting problem.

I have a continuous headache, paracetamol does nothing, blocked nose (though to be expected) lightheaded and I feel reallly tired / drained.

Every time I wipe away drips or wake up in the morning, its always watery red.

Should the bloody discharge have stopped by now? Also the headaches and light headedness?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had turbinectomy some years ago, and for 1 week after surgery for sure I had hard time, bleeding is expected for probably another week or so. Blocked nose is also normal after surgery.

Have you been using saline rinse? very important! It has to be rinsed a few times a day.

Headache, I'm not too sure, could be related to your blcoked nose.

You could try advil, or if really bad, go for some stronger pain killers. 

• Posted

Hi Danny, I have the same systoms you have. I had sinus surgery on Feb 28th 2017. Septoplasty . Removed my deviated septum. Fix my terminates in my nose. Now I am having extreme headaches . Constant pain on right side of nose. Filled with Congestion. It's affecting my teeth. I am still using my nasal spray. But not helping. I have a lot of crusting in my nose from surgery. The ENT said it will take weeks for that to leave. My head costly hurts. My pain pill is empty. Think I am going to call them and let them know how I am feeling. It has to stop.I hope you have a pain free day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.