Skip to content

Nasal Problems

Also known as Epistaxis, Smell Disorders

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Nose bleed and bad headache when flying

I have flown 10 times in 2 weeks, some journeys 7hrs and some around 1hr, in big passenger planes and small 5 seater planes too. I was on a small 5 seater yesterday and for the first time ever when flying, I had a huge headache, felt like my head was going to pop, the pressure feeling and pain …

Posted
  • Nasal cauterisation issues

Yesterday I had nasal cautery for recurrent nosebleeds. I wasn't told about the ache/pain I would get afterwards in my teeth and jawbone, nor about the continous dripping from my nostril. It's still there today over 24 hours later. I think it was the anaesthetic that has caused this by …

Last reply
  • Constant loss of smell and fatigue for 2 years.

I had my first nose surgery about 3 years ago. I had a deviated septum and enlarged turbinate and therefore had a septoplasty. This procedure was done through the public system. After the surgery I followed the correct recovery procedures (nasal douche etc.) only to find that 6 months later it had …

Posted
  • Odor Hypersensitivity

For a little over a week now, my wife and I have had a considerably strong chest cough.  We have window Air Conditioner units that have been operating since the end of May.  We clean the filters regularly. Aside from that, I have had what appears to be some form of hypersensitivity to …

Posted
  • Post nasal drip...trouble swallowing, anyone suffering the same

Hi everyone, I’m here desperately searching for some experiences and help... 27, female, I’ve been having an on-and-off chronic rhinitis for a couple of years till now(my family doctor saying it’s caused by allergy but I personally never noticed that I’m allergic to something). I don’t seem to …

Last reply
  • Septoplasty Recovery Time

Description:Hi, I need help deciding whether to go through with Septoplasty/Bilateral Inferior Turbinoplasty. My deviated septum isn't that bad, but I'd like to have surgery at some point. I'm just very nervous about if now is the right time. I am scheduled for surgery at the end of …

Last reply
  • Do my Turbinates look normal?

Hello, I have been struggling with nasal problems for years. Every single day, I feel extremely congested, especially, in my right nostril. I have already had 2 surgeries to reduce the size of my right inferior turbinate. I am still experiencing great difficulty breathing, and I frequently feel …

Last reply
  • Clogged nostril

My right nosetril block when i'm lying facing the right side while the left nosetril is free, when i switch to left side , my left nosetril block and the right nosetril gradually open. When i stand both nosetril are free . I have been to several ENT doctors and used different kinds of steroid …

Posted
  • Mucus plug

For years I’ve suffered with a post nasal drip and build up of mucous at the back of my nose! When I get a cold it gets 10x worse. The mucus builds up to the point that it feels like it moves around and blocks my nasal passages so I can’t breath. Blowing normally does nothing to help. Eventually it …

Last reply
  • Ct scan showed large turbinates

I’m a 33 year old male and for the past few months I can’t breathe one of my nostrils is always swollen 24/7 it switches sides every few hours which is part of the nasal cycle It got so bad I couldn’t sleep and the medicine I was given Flonase and Claritin didn’t work it’s the worst at night. I …

Last reply
  • I can’t smell nor breathe through my nose!?

Okay so I’m 18 & I’ve been having allergies ever since I was little. I know I’m allergic to almost everything (wood, carpet,dogs, etc). & my allergies isn’t bad. All I get is tuning/stuffy nose.then I just get some of that minty cream (sorry forgot the name but it’s strong like ben gay) …

Last reply
  • Nasal polyps significant improvement

HI All. I'm 60 and have suffered nasal polyps for a very long time. They got worse and a hormonal spray was prescribed, ultimately surgery suggested as they were hanging right to the end of my nose, visible to others and breathing through my nose went out the window years ago. There's a lot …

Last reply
  • Nasal Cauterisation

It`s no use going to the emergency room at our local hospital because, if the nose isn`t bleeding, they won`t touch it so you sit there like a lemon for 3-4 hours holding a bowl. Having arrived by taxi as driving is impossible, how many taxi drivers would refuse to pick you up when your nose is …

Posted
  • Feels like something stuck in nose

I'm a 36 year old man from sweden. It all started with sinusitis 9 months ago that didn't go away. In september I had sinus surgery and i thought that would solve my problems but it didn't. The problem is only in one nostril. It feels like a pressure or like something is stuck …

Last reply
  • Can you have post nasal drip but with dry nose?

I always thought that post nasal drip is caused by excessive mucus buildup in your nose, that drip down your throat. However, in my case I have constant gluey mucus stuck at my nasopharynx, behind the soft palate where my nose meets my throat. So I believe it’s post nasal drip since it’s at …

Last reply
  • Nasal problem

My daughter has some problem in her nose and we notice right after her flue 3 weeks ago! Its a yellow stuff sticks to the inner wallof nose.   I couldn’t upload pictures here though. Any suggestions 

Posted
  • Infection in sinuses maybe? Had cautery done 3 days ago

I had my nose cauterised on Monday, not for the first time, had all the dripping blood and clear fluid in the evening.  The next day the inside of my nostril was very inflamed and congested and still is, I have lots of thick green gunk coming out the right side only (cautery side) and I do …

Posted
  • ENS Empty Nose Syndrome

Dear All, I have posted here and have read many posts related to nasal issues and sinuses.  I went to a new ENT and he waved my symptoms off as a "quality of life" problem and told me my sinuses are clear and that he cannot help me.  Need I tell you how that affected me?  …

Last reply
  • Surgery on July 9th, not sure what to expect

Hello all! I am having a group of ENT surgeries done on July 9th (12 days, eek!) I have yet to find anyone who is having this group of procedure done, and am wondering if any wonderful people out there could help me out on what to expect!  I started by asking my surgeon to remove my …

Posted
  • Right nasal enlarged turbinates. Possibly from deviated septum

Hi everyone, new here. I was wondering if i could please get some insight as to what could be causing my issue. I have a problem with my right nasal area, where it's hard to breathe, swelling, right eye pain, headaches, post nasal drip and more. Had a 3t cat scan of my sinuses and it showed …

Posted
  • Pressure behind nose and inside ears

I been getting head pressure for a while, now this past 2 months I been getting a pressure behind the nose above palet and in the ears. I find it hard to think, when I think my head aches or I get pressure in my palet and back nose making me stutter in my thoughts, that sensation I can't …

Posted
  • Nasal cavity red area, not sure what is going on

(Sorry for my bad english) Hi all, hope someone can help my anxiety. Trough years i developed some hypochondriac factors, i started to watch and explore carefully every single side of my body. I Watched inside my nose, where i can see some redness area with white lumps (?) inside, both cavity of …

Last reply
  • What to expect after turbinate coblation?

I've been dealing with congestion issues in my left nostril area for some time and just has a turbinate coblation procedure done two days ago. Since the procedure, I feel more stuffed that I did BEFORE the surgery.  Also, a great deal of mucus is accumulating on that side. Is this …

Posted
  • Have i broken/dislocated my nose?

Hi. My child headbutted me in the nose today. There was no bleeding or swelling that I can see but since then i feel like the left side of my nose is blocked/congested and if i put my fingers into my nose i can move my septum right up to the top by the bridge of my nose (middle of my nose) side to …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.