Severe Nasal blockages that come and go, HELP

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I have often and varying blockages in my nasal passage. They range from mild to full blockages (can't even blow out air from the affected nostril in some cases) They come and go, especially when eating or sleeping. Within 30min the nostril can go from completely blocked to decent airflow. This issue progressed to a point that I can't breathe when sleeping, which I do not with to anyone. The only thing that helped in the past was sleeping in temperatures below 10*C, due to season change this is no longer possible for me. The steroid sprays had no effect, Dristan (Oxymetazoline ) has no effect. All they do is clog my nose very rapidly. Went to ENT and was offered concha adjustment (breaking/bending it out of a way to provide more space for airflow) However I'm worried that this might not change much since the blockages can get very severe and would like to find a solution that deals with the issue directly instead of ameliorating it. I'm here for a second opinion before I go through the procedure. Here are the pictures I took with an endoscope:

L Nostril 6am (good airflow)

L Nostril 9am (partial air flow)

L Nostril 6am (good air flow)

L Nostril 9am (partial air flow)

R Nostril 6am (no air flow) Seq1

R Nostril 6am (no air flow) Seq2

R Nostril 6am (no air flow) Seq3

R Nostril 9 am (partial air flow)

Thank you in advance, have a great day everyone.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.