1 week post hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had an abdominal hysterectomy with removal of my uterus cervix & fallopian tubes had 2 get cut through the bikini line then slit from hip to hip & right up the naval 1 week on & the pain is horrendous very stingy when I go to the toilet & have severe back pain no painkillers are helping & for the past 2 days I've started bringing up black sick has anyone else felt like this I don't know whether this is normal or not any advice would be very much appreciated

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Barbara, I had my TAH in june last year and had everything taken out, my cut was vertical about 4 and half ins long. I was fortunate and sailed through it with no pain , only complication was the healing because I am diabetic, I was going everyday for 5 months until I had it recut and stitched again. Sorry you are going through it, I know that a lot of people on here have had some of your symptons but the black sick dos' nt seem right, I would ring the ward you were on and explain to them and they will advice you what to do. Hope you are feeling better soon
    • Posted

Thanks for getting back to me I just don't no if I'm worrying over nothing don't want the Dr's to think I'm being a hypochondriac but I do feel something isn't right hope your feeling better soon aswell
    • Posted

Listen if it puts your mind at rest dont hesitate to get in touch with the ward, its quicker than your own gp and they are used to it. In fact I'm surprised that they didnt tell you if you had any concerns to ring them, you wont be the first and they are very understanding. You have had the courage to have your op so please ring and ask them. Can I ask how old you are?
  • Posted

Hi Barbara

I'm no expert but black sick would indicate blood to me - albeit probably old from the original op but you must get this checked out.  I feel for some of you ladies having an abdominal op and post op problems, as I had a vaginal one 18 months ago and my recovery was a walk in the park compared to what a lot of you go through.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Shani xx

• Posted

I woukd go to the docs now Barbara regarding the black sick, as well as the pain.  Tell the receptionist what's happening when you phone. Let us know how you get on.  Take care
    • Posted

Even better advise re ringing the ward
  • Posted

Definitely ring ward I need when I bled heavily and they got me straight in to check it out and put my mind at rest. Hope all is ok?
  • Posted

Hi everyone thanks 4 all ur comments went down 2 gp & she's sent me bk 2 the hospital the gynaecology ward wouldn't let me go up there so now in the accuracy receiving unit w8n 2 get sn will let u no wots happening thanks again every1

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.