1 week since sub total hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

1 week since op and staying at my parents but going back this Saturday. Having my dressing taken of tomorrow but wound is feeling itchy which is a sign of healing. I'm taking steps up and down stairs which has improved. I'm feeling tired and want to know how long is it till I can start doing small things around the house? I've had a lot of wind and been in quite bad pain but papain relief does help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

For a solution to wind drink peppermint tea helps loads try to avoid food that fill you up and have little and often 3 years this week for mine try taking it easy as long as you can

• Posted

I will do thank you! The hospital were telling me to get up and walk about. I'm not doing any lifting or chores the only thing I pick up is my phone or cup of tea xx

• Posted

Also split your pain medication up if paracetamol normal dose 2x 4 times a day work out hours normally every 4 hours take 1 every 2 hours with codine and Ibprofen and dont forget Senna tablets

• Posted

Hi

You should be resting mostly for up to 6 weeks.. no housework or lifting during that time hun.

If you return to activites too soon yiu will damage your healing tissue and yiu could prolapse.

Please rest as much as possible. If you are constipated take movicol but avoid senna.

Senna is very dependable and can cause side effects. Movicol is natural and produces soft stools.

• Posted

I will do thank you! The hospital were telling me to get up and walk about. I'm not doing any lifting or chores the only thing I pick up is my phone or cup of tea xx

• Posted

Walking round the house is good for you. Keep doing a little walk ever hour round the house. After 2 weeks you can walk gentle around where yiu live.

Increase each week but your body will guide yiu.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.