1 week to go

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys,I was booked in for 17th of November but I got a call today moving me to 6th, I'm nervous now but looking forward to it.

I'm 32 and getting my first TKR, I've stopped my diclofenac today and etanercept a few weeks ago, can I still take tramadol and is there anything else I can take to reduce swelling and stiffness for this week?

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My Dr was fine with giving me Vicodin. Stopping the diclofenac nearly did me in.
  • Posted

Good Luck. Please check with your Dr about the meds. I had a partical three weeks ago. Following your Dr. instruction about using ice.  
  • Posted

Can't really answer re medication you can take, but as they are hurrying you now, hope you have everything in place!  Useful things to have are . . toilet seat adaptor, large cross body bag for carting things from one place to another (difficult when you are using crutches!) some ready made meals, and easy to prepare food, plastic plates and glasses to avoid  having to washing up, a 'leg lifter', freezer bags, a comfortable, fairly high chair to make getting up and down easier, some VERY comfortable jogging bottoms or similar, (I found a smooth material to be much more comfortable than the usual sweatshirt material . . ) and possibly some shoes a size bigger than you usually use to allow for swelling. . . Also, pack away any loose rugs and things you could trip over, make sure you have non slip mats in shower or bath  . .you really don't want to fall over (I did :-(  on day 2 at home)   If you have a bth tub, there are things which make getting in and out easier. . haven't tried them myself, but I'm sure others on the list have (I have a walk in shower, which was very useful . . ) and stock up on patience, as to begin with the lack of autonomy is frustrating!  Hope it all goes well for you.  the advantage is less time to worry!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.