Skip to content
Ad

Knee Problems

Also known as Baker's Cyst, Chondromalacia, Housemaids Knee, Meniscus Injury, TKR - Total Knee Replacement

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Back of the knee cartilage

Hi! Some 12 months ago I injured my knee cartilage (back of the knee) on my left knee due to a bad jogging technique. I could only bend my left leg back (heel towards butt) only 60 percent of the way. My right leg was perfectly fine. (With the heel touching the butt). If I sat down at a computer for...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Lump on my Knee.

Hi Everyone, I had a total knee replacement in February this year had lots of pain and stuff over the last couple of days I have noticed a lump just under my new kneecap that is quite firm not sure what it might be and hoping someone here might. Pictures for reference. Regards ray

Last reply
  • Knee

I regret have a new replacement surgery I seem to be in more pain now than I was before the surgery and even more sleepless nights   before the surgery I have pain in one spot after surgery I have paint my ankle my calf my knee my knee is still numb my leg is still half numb my calf is...

Last reply
  • Tight skin

Hi all, One month out, and doing really good.   Managing on just paracetomol and ibuprofin - much less pain than I ever expected.   The two needling areas are sleep, or lack of - which I expected and am dealing with.  You can never have too many pillows following a knee surgery! And...

Last reply
  • Calf pain

a question for my knee replacement friends. I'm three weeks out second knee, it seems so much slower than the last one. Have real constriction at back of knee and a lot of calf pain, I didn't have this before to this extent, presume I keep exercising through the pain or will this make it worse...

Last reply
  • Dental work

Good morning, I am going on 6 months from my TKR. I had a crown break and the dentist said he has to pull the teeth because it cannot be saved. I am scared to have it pulled because my knee is not completely healed. The dentist said I will be okay as long as I take the antibiotics. Had anyone else had...

Last reply
  • Thigh numb

Hi all. I'm from the hip forum. My husband has had a TKR 2 1/2 weeks ago. He is doing really well with his physio. Just his outer thigh is quite numb this week. Is this normal?

Last reply
  • A Year Down the Line

Twelve months ago, I was sobbing,talking to myself in the bathroom mirror,asking myself why on earth had I agreed to have a TKR. I wished I never had had it done. My leg was so swollen, the pain was so bad and the exercises were almost impossible to do. Trying to bend a knee which was swollen to twice...

Last reply
  • 4 weeks left leg full tkr

it's been 4 weeks since operation .went to physio today and from a 90 degree movement it's down to 56 .can't bend my leg properly .whilst sitting in waiting room couple of ladies said that I should be able to bend it by now .as they had friends who were on their feet in no time and back to...

Last reply
  • 6 Weeks Post Op

Hello! I'm desperately trying to find out if having pain 6 weeks after my TKR is not uncommon. I'm having a lot if pain and bending the knee. I'm still taking pain meds, especially at night. I'm in quit a bit of pain after going out for awhile. My knee is tight and I think that's...

Last reply
  • Knee

Eight weeks now since knee replacement surgery has anyone had this problem my calf of my leg is killing me when I'm walking what with this because by going up and down stairs maybe 

Last reply
  • Have I learned a lot!

After being in intense pain for 12 years of my life due to crippling arthritis, after RTKR 19 months and LTKR 3 months ago, boy am I excited to find that I can clean the shower and take brisk walks for 40 minutes, use an exercise bike at the top speed for 20minutes and SO much MORE! 

Last reply
  • Unexplained Pain

Patient: "Hey Doc, it hurts when I do that." Doctor: "Don't do that." - Henny Youngman, 1946 Sure, run to the doc, get some pills...WRONG!!!  Unless you're bleeding all over the floor and your body is screaming "Get me to the ER",...

Last reply
  • sciatic pain

Hi everyone, I am 3 weeks post PKR and have been having sciatic pain and a numb left hand since my surgery. I do have neuropathy in both hands and feet, but my left hand is much worse now. Does anyone have anything like this ? Thanks to all of you in this group! I have been helped so much by the discussions. ...

Last reply
  • Shoulder pain after knee replacemen!

Hi everyone  Well today I am 8 weeks after partial knee replacement. It hasn't been easy but then who's is. I have been told to walk half mile every day working up to a mile. Along with still doing my exercises I am doing the walking however,  I have been troubled with pain when walking...

Last reply
  • TKR Post 14 weeks

Hi Guys not been on here for a while hoping I can ask for some advice? Had my TKR 14 weeks ago and have been very very lucky sailed through no problems or issues. The past couple of weeks I have been having a twinge at the back of my knee on the outside when I come down the stairs. If I turn slightly...

Last reply
  • Calf pain /Tkr

My Tkr was 8 months ago. I can do everything I used to do . I feel good ! Just one issue ...when I walk and swim in the same day(it does not happen all the time). My calf muscle, the whole right side of my lower leg on the Tkr leg gets so tight and painful , I've tried RICE, heat, stretches...any...

Last reply
  • 6 months TKR and in pain

Hi everyone. I'm now 6 months post TKR right knee. It's healed very well. No problems and I try to treat it the same as the other leg. Walking stairs etc are fine I can put up with the nerve pain - annoying though it is but the muscle pain is really getting me down. I still have that tightness...

Last reply
  • Kicked by child in knee replacement.

My tkr is almost a yr out. Doing well but im super protective of that knee. Today working with a 5 yr old with behaviors, I took a kick to my tkr. It wasny a major kick, but enuf to feel it. Now im scared and worried it will be bad and swell..any preventative advixe?

Last reply
  • Manual manipulation under anathesia

This group has been so helpful to me.  However, I saw my surgeon on Thursday and he's not satisfied that my surgical leg will not lie flat.  He wants me to put me under and manipulate my leg and start PT all over again.  Evidently there is scar tissue that he wants to try to break...

Last reply
  • your advice on knee surgery and what kind?

I am so happy to have found this group.  Thanks to everyone in advance.  I am 75 years old, in relatively good shape.   My knees don't hurt, they just don't work.  I understand recovery can be pretty painful but a relative recently blew my 'don't hurt' argument...

Last reply
  • There is a light to be seen!!

Hi everyone in my TKR family.  I can't begin to thank you all enough for your support and encouragement throughout this journey.  Three months of sitting in a recliner in my bedroom...alone.  But not really alone because I had all of you.  I just wanted to share my update and...

Last reply
  • Redness and feeling hot around the knee

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone had redness around the knee after a TKR. Also the knee area feels warmer than the other good knee. Currently 3 weeks post op. The X-rays and blood results shows everything is normal so unsure what it is but was given antibiotics for a week to take and also advised...

Last reply
  • Back of the knee cartilage

Hi! Some 12 months ago I injured my knee cartilage (back of the knee) on my left knee due to a bad jogging technique. I could only bend my left leg back (heel towards butt) only 60 percent of the way. My right leg was perfectly fine. (With the heel touching the butt). If I sat down at a computer for...

Posted
  • 6 weeks post Knee surgery

Hi I am currently 6 weeks post surgery, I had an arthroscopy and Medial Collateral Ligement reconstruction. I have concern with the fact that I am currently really struggling to straighten my leg at all im not sure if this is normal for this kind of timescale or not? I am also struggling with low mood...

Last reply
  • Ruptured Baker's Cyst

After leg workouts the back of my knee occasionally felt \"puffy\". Recently my knee and calf were sore for a few days, then I woke up with severe calf pain and swelling of the calf and foot. I could barely walk and was afraid I had a blood clot. The Dr. sent me for an ultrasound of...

Last reply
  • Kinesiology tape and Osteoarthritis

I was just wondering if any of you have tried Kinesiology tape? My OA is so severe now, and I am living in constant agony, with my life basically on hold until my next TKR (49 YO and feel like im on the scrapheap!) Anyway, Ive been reading a bit about K Taping, and thought Id give it a go. I cant BELIEVE...

Last reply
  • Knee Replacement - Pre-op, Post-op tips to share?

Hi everyone,   My name is Jan and I am having my left knee replaced next month, total joint replacement.  I will also have the right one done but probably not until next year. Can anyone share any adivce?  Tips?  Things you thought of after your operation that you wished you had...

Last reply
  • Help with Diagnosis + Treatment

I've been wreslting with major knee problems for the past six months. Here is a list of symptoms and causes:  ​a. Sharp pain shoots down the inside fo my right knee if I squat low enough. (I'm pretty sure this is indicative of a Grade 1 Sprain of my MCL).  ​b. I've been diagnosed...

Last reply
  • Frequent nerve zings on surface of TKR scar

These zings happen with some regularity during the day but at night they wake me and keep me up. I get zinged like every 7-8 seconds. It is not painful but vet irritating. I have tried  rubbing cbd salve on it or diclofenac cream, to no avail. Footer folks have this? Ideas?

Last reply
  • Ten weeks post Tkr

I'm ten weeks post TKR. 125 % bend, perfect straight.  I still have a lot of burning pain and swelling, I feel like there's a tight band around my knee, it gives way hyper extends quite often, I'm still using crutches, I'm very scared I might fall.  I can't get comfortable...

Last reply
  • Something inside so wrong

For 2 years with suffering with my legs, I have a question to ask as many people as Possible  My power walking which I have stopped, is causing me literally to have no mobility use Things to me ATM could not be worse  I accepted it if late, then I mentally shook myself up and thought someone...

Last reply
  • Surgery, How long Recovery Will I Walk ?

Hello,  Here are my MRI results on my left knee, I have not seen the Ortho yet till 8/14 What will they operate on, will I walk normal again? Recovery time? Any help would be Great. *Torn medial Meniscus posterior horn, root intact. lateral is normal. *partial thickness tear of 20 or 30% of...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.