Skip to content
Ad

Knee Problems

Also known as Baker's Cyst, Chondromalacia, Housemaids Knee, Meniscus Injury, TKR - Total Knee Replacement

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Really struggling one week after TKR

Morning, not sure anyone can help but just just need to vent. I had total knee replacement one week ago and I'm really struggling. I am aware that it's early days but I am feeling very low and tearful.  It's so painful. As day goes on, I can just about get on top of pain, however, the...

Last reply
  • TKR issues

2017 has not been a good year. I had arthoscopic on my left knee in March. This cleanup worked, but made my knee a lot looser due to an acl injury that happened 20 years ago. Next option was to tighten the knee with reconstructive surgery. After talking to the doc about the condition of my knee and the...

Last reply
  • tkr pain and lack of range

I had a tkr may 31. bad swelling for two weeks after. near missed a physical therapy session and did everything . it was like ground hog day. I started every morning back where I started the day before. at 6weeks was 89 -5. 10 weeks 92 and 5. at 12 weeks I had procedure to break scar tissue under anesthesia....

Last reply
  • knee surgery

Hi I am set to have knee surgery Dec 8th. I am having cadaver tissue put in to reconstruct some ligaments. I was wondering if anyone has had this done and if they were on crutches or in a wheelchair? 

Posted
  • Knee problem

I have recently had a urinary tract infection which spread to my knee that I had replaced 5 years ago. I have been in hospital for 11 days. One of the doctors said if you have an infection anywhere in the body then if it is going to spresad the first place it spreads to is a joint that has been replaced....

Last reply
  • Stiffness

i know that stiffness is normal working on week 14 this week but is there ever a time knee isn’t stiff like it just is good to go? Or will it always need a warm up. Still not where I need to be but just wondering if in a few months knee is normal feeling?

Last reply
  • TKR

Hi I am 9 weeks post TKR will it be ok to use an exersice bike? I can walk up the stair properly now but it is hard work .

Last reply
  • Replacement knee and numbness

Hi in May 2017 I had a PKR and it has been successful however I had numbness where nerves were cut and have not joined up again.  Recently with the onset of the cold weather, I am very much aware of this area.  Anyone else had this ? 

Last reply
  • TKR and Post-Operative Depression

Lots of people have posted about depression and anxiety after surgery.  I have a section in my old "...Another Kidney Stone" discussion about Post-Operative Depression but it's good for it to have its own... POD is absolutely NORMAL!!!  It's something the doctors NEVER tell...

Last reply
  • TKR will I be able to swim breast stroke

I'm now past 10 weeks op ..I can only swim breast stroke and I have been told my my physiotherapist that I can go swimming if I want ...I'm nervous about my knee ... anybody else been swimming and can the knee cope with that movement? I miss swimming and would love to get some lengths in

Last reply
  • Brain Slam

yeah, that’s how it feels when you lose your child, have knee replacement surgery that makes you feel worse and will probably have surgery on other knee soon.   Getting out of bed every day is really a challenge.  Feel useless and tired all the time. already on antidepressants, anti anxiety...

Posted
  • Painful Flexinator

I went to the doctor on this past Thursday, and they told me that there was nothing else they could do for the chronic stiffness in my knee. I had TKR July 12, 2016, a MUA one month later, and a revision January 30.2017. I had two operations before TKR, and I'm prone to generating scar tissue at...

Last reply
  • Five weeks on from TKR and still cant straighten and lift leg

I had a TKR with knee cap 5 weeks ago. Due to see my surgeon next week. At physio my PT is concerned because I cannot totally straighten leg and can not lift it off the bed. My bend is about 85 -90. I am mid 50s and was extremely fit beforehand and had strong legs from horse riding. I have been fitted...

Last reply
  • Infected knee

Hello everyone im new to this forum, ive just got home from the hospital last night. I had a total knee replacement on monday morning, and im happy to be home. Im doin my excercises and walked about a little , i have my dressing on, but its weepin a bit so im wonderin if i have an infection. Has anyone...

Last reply
  • Back of knee pain after TKR

HI i had a tkr on 12/01 and still have a lot of pain and taking my analgesia regularly. The pain is mainly in the back of my knee now when weight bearing and a little under my knee cap. I find it difficult walking downstairs leading with my non tkr leg but can go upstairs consecutively. Does anyone else...

Last reply
  • Tkr

Hi everyone, I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. Yesterday was my first day/night out in ages. I live in Perth in Scotland and we had our Christmas light switch on. We had reindeer, mini donkeys, a carnival, ice rink, 3 stages with acts on, including the main stage with Alesha Dixon, Mud (showing my age here...

Last reply
  • Been advised to have TKR..booked for January

Hello everyone.....I'm not sure that it's a good idea to come here BEFORE my op....it's actually quite scary reading all the experiences...I'm not even sure I can go through with it..how did any of you decide whether go have surgery or not? I've had RA for almost 20years ..my knee...

Last reply
  • Depression following TKR

Hi, I had a left TKR 12 weeks ago and now find myself very depressed. I could sleep all day, don’t want to get out of bed, have no interest in anything and cry most of the time. Could this be related to the op or not? I don’t know what’s happened to me. My Dr has signed me off work until the 2nd of jan...

Last reply
  • Revision knee replacement

I am now just over 3 weeks post op after my knee revision I now know that when they took out the old knee I had to have bone cut away as there were holes and fluid in my bones and that my bones were very soft. I was given a smiles knee and had rods put in. I am still an emotional wreck having still not...

Last reply
  • TKR Pre-Op Expectations

You've been told you need a TKR...and that's scary.  Being on this site and getting to know what's ahead of you is a major step because the more information you have, the better prepared you'll be.  If your doc says that a TKR is your only option and your quality of life is...

Last reply
  • Can hardly walk 2 years post PKR???

I am beyond belief right now.  PKR went well, then several months ago I began to have problems with my knee giving out and dropping me to the ground. Dr took x-rays and said everything looks fine but you need to strenthen your quad.  PT therapist said it was the IT band. We have been working...

Last reply
  • Awaiting TKR on my left knee

Am patiently waiting for knee replacement op in NHS Scotland after being told last January that I had Osteo Arthritis in my left knee and that my cartilage is badly worn so op is only way to correct the problem. My frustration is still can't get a date and told the wait will be extended again as...

Last reply
  • Can hardly walk 2 years post PKR???

I am beyond belief right now.  PKR went well, then several months ago I began to have problems with my knee giving out and dropping me to the ground. Dr took x-rays and said everything looks fine but you need to strenthen your quad.  PT therapist said it was the IT band. We have been working...

Posted
  • Partial knee replacement 18 mo. later

I had a successful recovery from my partial knee replacement. However 2 weeks ago I started having a burning sensation in the area of the appliance.  I saw Ortho surgeon, he did an X-ray , said all looks fine!  Well, the burning continues! Has anyone experience this problem?

Last reply
  • Site keeps locking up

Hello  Anyone else having trouble with this site ? Keeps freezing up on me. I can only type few words at a time . Happening on iPhone and computer. And when I type it doesn’t type . Maybe it’s all these updates 😡 Debbie 

Last reply
  • No end in sight

I've had pain in my right knee on and off for the last 20 years but the last 5 or 6 it has got progressively worse. I had various mri scans and x rays early last year which showed quite severe osteoarthritis in my left leg but only very mild oa in my right knee with a torn meniscus. I had an arthroscopy...

Last reply
  • Oxycodone after TKR

Just wondering where others are at with Perscription Meds after tkr. I'm three weeks out and I can't seem to take any less then six 5mg. Of Oxycodone per day. Trying to take as few pills as possible....this is new for me and with other surgerys I've had I've never needed to take six or...

Last reply
  • 17 months PKR knee feels really cold

Hi Friends  I am 17 months PO PKR . Last two days knee is feeling very weird . It’s as though I’ve got an ice pack on it.  It is not black and blue  or discolored in any way but is a bit sensitive to touch . I know some have had infections and wondering what the symptoms would be . The...

Last reply
  • I need more time!

I know I have too have TKR!,I need more time to get my sick time in at work! I'm already scared to do this! Can only be off for 3 months! Will I make it through the 3 months!???

Last reply
  • Knee gave way

Hi has anyone else had the problem of knee giving way. I was out shopping today when I went to turn around and luckily clothes rail in front of me my knee complete gave way and almost fell flat on my back it was like slow motion I'm 10 weeks partial knee replacement

Last reply
  • Pain behind knee after total knee replacemnet

I had total knee replacement in my right knee almost 10 weeks ago. It's been a roller coaster ride and I had to have knee manipulation done last week to that knee because it wasn't bending enough. Now I am experiencing a new pain that is making me very nervous and is making my pt difficult to...

Last reply
  • Long term pain after total knee-replacement

i had my first knee replacement done in 2013,and have to have it manuplated to reach my goals. When I️ had my second one done in 2015 I️ began getting lots of tingling and numbness in both my feet this. I’m not sure what is happen or what to do. I️ have this happen to afraid to go I️ don’t really don’t...

Last reply
  • Officially OVER ONE YEAR

Today is one year + 1day post bilateral pkr -(and subsequent arthroscopic removal of a bone spur in May 2017 on left side). Hard to believe..... The pain,lack of sleep, insanity,scar tissue, sensation changes, swelling (and more swelling),depression,mobility have (mostly) all resolved. My cycles of...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.