Skip to content
Ad

Knee Problems

Also known as Baker's Cyst, Chondromalacia, Housemaids Knee, Meniscus Injury, TKR - Total Knee Replacement

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Tkr

It's me again. Sorry, full of questions lol. Right, 4 weeks pre op. No swelling now on my leg at all, APART from my knee. It feels heavy and tight. Is this normal?

Last reply
  • 5 weeks post TKR and feeling quite low

I had my total knee replacement 5 weeks ago ..I've realised now that I certainly won't be ready to return to work after 6 weeks (I originally thought I would) I'm still taking tramadol occasionally and though I can walk without a crutch I find I limp so still use 1 crutch . I feel a little...

Last reply
  • MRI after PKR

I had a PKR 16 months ago and am wondering whether the Cobalt Steel inserted into my body will prevent me from having any MRI's in future ? I had a head injury 27 years ago and up until recently, had regular MRI's to check the progress of the damage caused to my basal ganglia (luckily - it appears...

Last reply
  • Total Knee Replacement 8 weeks Post Op

Hi  I am 8 weeks Post Op and wondered how you were all getting on!! I am pleased wit my progress other than having what is commonly know as a Bursea behind my Knee, this is causing me pain on bending but mainly through the night. I am achieving a 140 bend, can walk properly up a full set of stairs...

Last reply
  • TKR and Osteoporosis

I went to my GP after failing pre op assessment for my other leg TKR to be done weell was to be done 2nd Novemeber my other leg was done 9 months ago  I failed the pre op because I was stated to have a chest infection after testing my COPD readings ANYWAY I diverse What i would like to know is can...

Last reply
  • Tkr

Hello good people, I am 10 days post  . I am having great trouble sleeping, I can’t find any comfortable position for this leg . What’s your experience 

Last reply
  • TKR with quad tendon tear

I had a TKR on August 22 and then tore my quad tendon 10 days later. I think I had my leg over extended and then leaned over to protect my knee from two large over friendly dogs! My ROM was 113/-5 but decreased this week. I have stepped up my exercises but feeling frustrated with mobility and how...

Last reply
  • PVNS: experience and causes

I recently got diagnosed with the fairly rare condition called Pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) a disorder which affects joints. In my case, it was my knee joint, as is often the case. I'm posting this to help others better identify and understand this condition, and also to explore any possible...

Last reply
  • swelling after total knee replacement 4 weeks post op

I have tightness and sharp pain across my swollen knee cap & cannot seem to reduce the swelling despite physio, painkillers and ice packs.  What else can I do to reduce swelling and pain - can any one advise please. Everyone else I speak to seems to think I should be more advanced but the pain...

Last reply
  • Knee Dislocation > Help Understanding

So on the 29/09/2017, I dislocated my right patella in a hockey game. I had only just returned to play post left knee dislocation (avulsion fracture, complete tear of MPFL, torn meniscus and cartilage) for which I had arthroscopy to clean it all up.  MRI for my right knee have found; 1. Patella...

Last reply
  • Partial Knee Replacement Scheduled

Well.  I have made the decision to have a partial knee replacement in the beginning of December.  I was surprised when the Dr. said I only needed a partial.  Now after reading and talking to some folks I am wondering if a TKR is the way to go.  Can I tell the Dr. I prefer to just...

Last reply
  • Two TKR, RHS and LHS plus

I have had, a arthroscopic op, a high tibea osteotomy op,on both knees over the last 7 years,  then in Jan 2017 I had the plates and screws removed due to pain on inner knee joints getting worse & worse. In April 2017, I had my TKR done on my RHS, that went as well as to be expected, painful,...

Posted
  • Trouble Sleeping Post TKR???

First, this is definitely not uncommon...especially in the first 30-60 days which are the absolute worst.  Try some of this... - OTC Melatonin or Diphenhydramine (cheap, generic Benadryl) an hour before bed.  Make sure you're not allergic first.  The former is available in strengths...

Last reply
  • And more knee issues

Ok, I am 3 weeks out from PKR, patella femoral.  All was going really well besides expected stiffness, swelling and Pain.  Only using a cane part time and finally slept thru the night for the first time.  PT has been going well; ROM was 123....until today.  One exercise was walking...

Last reply
  • Thigh pain after knee replacement

I know some people suffer with thigh pain after a TKR . . and I wonder how many of them actually end up with this permanently?  At the moment, the pain in my thigh usually starts about ten minutes after lying down, and then wakes me in the night with excruciating pain which literally makes me scream...

Last reply
  • Quad firing pattern & chondromalacia Patella

Hello, I am new here so im not sure if this is the correct place to post. I have Chondromalacia Patella in my right knee (diagnosed via MRI) and ive been trying to get rid of it by strengthening legs / glutes etc for almost a year now.  What i have noticed is that when i contract my quads they...

Posted
  • Back of knee pain after TKR

HI i had a tkr on 12/01 and still have a lot of pain and taking my analgesia regularly. The pain is mainly in the back of my knee now when weight bearing and a little under my knee cap. I find it difficult walking downstairs leading with my non tkr leg but can go upstairs consecutively. Does anyone else...

Last reply
  • Anterior knee pain that disappeared temporarily while pregnant

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any ideas. I've suffered from anterior knee pain for the past 6 years. It came on slowly after moving house and at first I noticed it only the odd time as I was climbing stairs. It has now progressed to the point where I suffer from it constantly and dread climbing...

Last reply
  • Depression

I’m 58 and nineteen days post surgery the knee is doing fine I finished my first week of outpatient PT I’m able to drive sleeping is very difficult I also feel depressed I don’t want to be around people have no desire to talk with anyone I just want to be left alone Is this normal

Last reply
  • Tkr

Since my tkr I've had a tender thigh and shin. Does anyone know why this is? 3 and a half weeks tkr

Last reply
  • Can't take anti inflammatories

I am 13 days post op from TKR.  I can't use anti inflammatories because of a former stomach ulcer and hiatus hernia.  That leaves me 8 happy hours per day with no pain meds...just icing.  The nights are awful.  Does anyone else have these issues?  It is discouraging.  I...

Last reply
  • 18 months after partial knee replacement

Hi I'm 51 I had arthroscopy two and a half years ago and a partial knee replacement 18 months ago all was great I have full bend in my knee can walk for miles walk upstairs without pain and have been Zumba and kettlesize classes since January up until now  my knee is painful fairly tender it...

Last reply
  • Knee Surgery Hospital Horrors and Highlights

This TKR recovery is a long haul!   We WILL get there in the end.  I am still looking back from time to time to my time in hospital.  I was fortunate to have a very positive experience, which was a relief because I have had some bad experiences in hospital in the past.  What I would...

Last reply
  • Total Knee Repalcement 12/7/2017 13 weeks post op

Very early days yet ask your Dcotor if he can prescribe you some Oramorph that will help a lot ok Hi into my 13th week TKR 12/7 2007 very stiff in mornings normal totaly of Meds except for over the counter cocodamol and paracetamol all in all ok 105 degrees but after standing to long 3 hrs so starts...

Last reply
  • Can't ride a stationery exercise bike after TKR

Hi. I'm nearly 6 weeks post TKR. I'm doing well with walking and can drive my car again, albeit with care and short journeys. Went to a physiotherapy gym session a couple of days ago and the treadmill and other appartus were fine. However, I cannot turn a full cycle on the exercise bike. My knee...

Last reply
  • Medication after Tkr

My Tkr op was 7 weeks ago, since then I've been on various medications. At first liquid morphine then Naproxen, Tramadol & extra strong paracetamol . My knee is stil painful stiff & hot.though not so intense, I can get 105 rom. I'm wondering if I should try lessen painkillers as I hate...

Last reply
  • Tkr

How soon after the op can I start using bio oil on my scar?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.