Knee Revision Surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

A little over 2 years ago I had partial knee replacements on both knees because of Osteoarthritis. Everything went well and I enjoyed being pain free. However a few months ago I started getting pain from my left knee while walking but disappeared when I sat down. After it got progressively worse I saw my GP and was referred back to the original surgeon who x-rayed it and no problems were showing. He then suggested a spect ct scan which involves a scan followed by an injection of a small amount of radioactive material and a further scan a few hours later. They did this to both knees. I went to see the surgeon for the results last Thursday and he explained that it showed aseptic loosening of the left prosthesis. He will need to discuss this with colleagues but it will mean a revision to a full knee replacement. He is referring me to get fitted with an "unloader" brace in the hope it will help with pain relief as I can only take paracetamol as I am a hgv driver. It should also help me with stability . I would welcome any advice from anyone else who has had revision surgery to full knee replacement especially with regard to recovery and getting back to work? I am 62.

Many thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.