Knee pain and lump on my outer knee

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been having knee problems for 3ish weeks. I'm a 43 year old woman and i generally walk 4 miles a day. It started with a tight feeling behind my knee as if I couldn't bend or straighten it fully. From there it progressed to pain in my knee and for the last week or so I have noticed a lump on the outer, front part of my knee. It's not a bony lump and it is only visible when the knee is bent.

To my knowledge I haven't injured it as such but it has been feeling weaker than my right knee which has lead to me feeling as though I've twisted it. there has been no bruising and there's no redness. The pain is a dull ache but sometimes it feels pinched behind my knee and the ache often extends down my calf and up my thigh towards my buttock.

I do have terrible health anxiety which often puts me off seeing a GP for fear of being dismissed! Everything I've read today points to a tear and I'm wondering if this I'd what I've described. I'd be grateful for any input. Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.