Shin pain after knee replacement revision

Posted , 1 user is following.

14 weeks after total knee revision I have extreme pain in my lower shin. the pain is about two thirds of the way down the shin and to the inside of the shin. I am used to pain. I have very high pain tolerance, but this pain is bad. The knee feels great and I only needed paracetamol a few days after the op. now not one twinge from the knee but agony in the lower shin.

Now I can barely walk because of the intense pain. its sharp and sore. Sometimes it swells up around that spot. I can shuffle around the house with baby steps. but cannot walk normally. If I try to do that the pain starts and every step becomes agony. Anyone had the same or any idea what to do?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.