Knee injury for 3 years

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, i am a British white female, 31 years old, 5ft 4, 9 stone. (never been overweight, eat healthy exercise etc)

My knee has been locking and popping for three years since injury(falling onto concrete), it mostly happens if i use the lower part of my body, bending, kneeling, sometimes getting up from chair or bed. I have done all the "steps" such as elevate it, rest it, ice it etc.

I only talk pain killers (paramol, comes in black box 3 days max dose) when needed as i am allergic to ibuprofen and other pain meds), it gets worse if i do a lot of walking too. I also have a medical condition called NF1 which is mild but can slow down healing of bones and can affect nerves throughout the body (I don't think its connected though.)

Because of covid/pandemic when it happened, i could not attend a doctors appointment so went a very long time without being treated (over 18 mths) and my doctors surgery was closed for nearly a year!!

Since the injury, its got a lot worse and as i don't use public transport (its too far away to walk), i cannot get to a doctors surgery and i also cannot get an appointment with my appointed doctor. I've tried on and off for the last 6 months (yes, that long) to get an appointment with my appointed doctor (they are only there 2 times a week) and the lack of other doctors (only 3 at the moment!)at the surgery means they are always full. According to the receptionist/ head of appointments, my injury isn't classed as urgent so i get put to the bottom of the list and never get a call back. I know i should of been seen by now but its so bad i am struggling to have the motivation to call them since i get told the same thing!

I need a referral before i attend any other location such as a community hospital and i am avoiding an actual hospital because covid is still ripe in my area and i am vulnerable and cannot get to a A and E or walk in centre as its way too far and no bus goes there / taxi would cost £60 plus one way! I have talked to 111 and they said that they cannot help me without seeing me and its not an emergency so paramedics cannot attend my house. I have no-one else that can take me as people i know all live too far away and have jobs and young kids so cannot get any help, not even from family(my sisters live far away and don't drive etc). I am now stuck with what to do. All i want is a diagnosis so i can then start treatment if needed.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.