1 week to go and counting

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi to all who have kindly replied to me in the past, we are anxiously awaiting the hospitals' decision to see if we can have ivf or not, I'm not very hopeful as I never am so please will you send me some hope that this could be the best thing to do or the worst, or how it is or whatever, as I'm desperate to make people happy but now would like some myself.  Wish me luck PLEASE?  THANKS SAM.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sam, I do wish you happiness. I hope you can have IVF. I was a yes person always making people happy no matter what. You have to take care of you first it's not selfish to want a happy life. My best wishes to you!
    • Posted

Hi manda, thank you there are so many of my friends wishing me luck, truth is I don't know if I can go through with it I'm so frightened.  I've heard so many horror stories I'm scared stiff, if it doesn't work then what if it does then what?  I just feel sick about it all!  What makes it worse is my mum is unsupportive and my supporter in my family my dad died April 2012.  Where do I go if it gets too much, my mum won't hug me I'm been selfish according to her.  I'm 42!
    • Posted

No you are not! You are not selfish. Took me 10 years to have my son! I understand. People do not understand the pain of not being able to have a child till you can not! I feel for you it will be ok. You will be great! Tons of baby dust for you!! I am sorry i know how it feels to have family not be supportive. Your dad is looking down smiling for you he is by your side chearing you on!! I am so sorry you lost him! Big hugs sweetie!! And best of luck!
    • Posted

Hi manda1030, I can't thank you enough for your support!  I have tried every which way possible to become pregnant naturally but to no avail.  My husband is convinced this will work, I am more sceptical than he is, as are my family!  I could scream, a little support when I need it most wouldn't be too much to ask?  That's why I have such good friends.  Good luck to you too, I will support those who needed it the most on here as much as I can.  We all need support from time to time and after being assaulted possibly raped at 19 all I need the least is to be told I'm being selfish, like my family has done.  I'm quite annoyed and hurt by my mother's reaction a lot of bad things are now happening to my family at the moment - something positive for a change would be lovely?
    • Posted

Sam,

You don't have to thank me sweetie. We all need support when going through something difficult. I understand about family not being supportive. Besides PTSD I have multiple serious illnesses. My husband at one point started drinking really bad and hit me many times in front of my son. My family walked out of my life. Between what was happening with my health and then what happened with my husband and I they no longer support me. He has since gotten help and is doing better. I felt betrayed like because I went through some extremely hard times and had always been there for them. They couldn't be here for me. I am not angry lonley at times but not angry. I am sorry things are going so rough for you. I myself have had a very hard life. I try though to be as kind to other's as I can. It is your life your mother should support you even if she doesn't understand. I think you will make a fabulous mom. Don't let others negativities rub off on you. You seem to me as a kind caring person. Your husband and you deserve a child and to be happy. Don't give up sweetie. I am always around if you need an ear. Best of luck to you. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.