Skip to content
Ad

PTSD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My dad has PTSD

help me, i am struggling to cope, dad has ptsd but hes always somewhat abusive like always shouting at me and smashing things and banging and throwing everything about, i have anger managment issues so its harder to cope when hes like that because he triggers me too and i have outbursts back and lifes...

Last reply
  • PTSD/ severe anxiety

Anyone else dealing with  anxiety from PTSD ? Thinks thats how it's spelt?   I didn't know I had this as never dealt with my problems and it all come out at once. I got put on Prozac but I'm off it now and have been for months.  I genuinely didn't know I had anxiety...

Last reply
  • How long will it take?

I find this so tough.  Rape and PTSD stink! Every session with my counsellor is crippling,  but for how long? It's crushing me,  I don't want to feel like this how do I switch it off,  why does it hurt so much? Shouldn't it not hurt now? Just exhausted by it all. Please...

Last reply
  • Prozac is draining my life force

I started taking Prozac after it was recommended to me by a psychiatrist. I've been on it for almost a full two months but I don't think I can handle it anymore. I have no appetite, I'm chronically depressed and experiencing really bad thoughts. I also have a hard time being around people..like...

Last reply
  • Just feel so guilty and don't know quite why

This is an update of the fun that I had yesterday with my counsellor, where she saw more anger over the events of my past than anyone had ever seen, should I feel guilty if I swore in anger when trying to explain how my dad felt that day when I came home having being raped, or am I worrying unnecessarily? ...

Posted
  • hi im new...

Hi, so i am new to this group i just really need someone else to talk to. I have really bad ptsd.. and the thing that sucks is that i dont easily get triggered with it unless someone touches my neck with their hands. But i have really bad flashbacks and sometimes they can be violent flashbacks. Today...

Last reply
  • How to say what happened

The title sounds confusing but how do I tell my new counsellor what happened in my past if I'm struggling? Bits of my past keep reappearing and it seems to be particular colours experiences that are settling it off,  last time I went I kept been sent back to my assaulter,  through flashbacks....

Posted
  • Just feel so sad today

I don't quite know where to start,  but after a routine appointment at the doctors I've dissolved today and I don't know why I feel so sad,  I feel like it's absolutely my fault I have no children since being raped and can't shake the feeling my new counsellor is useless...

Last reply
  • Kidnapped/ assaults in domestic violence

I was with my spouse for several years,... after apr 6 months started getting verbally abusive yelling and screaming sometimes, then broke a couple of my things.... anyways after a few more months became physical towards me- slapping, shoving me against a wall with his face right up to me yelling so...

Last reply
  • Prozac not working anymore? Help!

Hi, My uncle has been diagnosed with PTSD a while ago and he has been taking Prozac for long time. He is living with my grandparents and they told my mom and me that his behavior is changed, like Prozac is not working anymore. Also, they said he has trouble moving, like he is in stupor and has been laying...

Last reply
  • How do I carry on?

This has been a dreadful week for me. Not only did I dissolvelike an idiot in front of my doctor on Tuesday night but on top of this the meeting with county Hall yesterday told me and my husband we can't foster either.  This reminds me what both men got away with years ago.  Am I cursed...

Posted
  • How do I help? Military BF

Hey Everyone,  I am not even sure where to start and could probably type/vent all day and feel like I have not adequately explained things, therefore I am going to keep this somewhat short and if you have questions we can go from there. My boyfriend just got out of the Army a month ago, he is home...

Last reply
  • For everyone who lives with PTSD.

I have lived with PTSD for 15+ years. I want ALL of you to know that it does get better. I have found that talking with someone and verbally expressing your fears is the greatest way to make them(fears,anxiety)shrink.The more you talk the smaller they get. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy also works wonders!...

Last reply
  • what do I say to her?

Hi lovely people who sit on this forum, can you help?  I am due to see my new counsellor  for the second time tomorrow but felt it didn't go well first time.  How do I carry on if I'm unsure and is it just nerves if I don't get on with her initially after having such an understanding...

Last reply
  • How do I start again and from where?

After a battle to get the support I need I am absolutely terrified because it's a new person and I can do this again according to my doctor. I'm really uncertain. All problems like before are now starting and picking up again. How do i trust and what do I say. Just stuck. Need to end this once...

Last reply
  • Need support here

I'm struggling with severe ptsd and also depression, feelings of low self worth.... it feels like a roller coaster that makes just daily living a battle I have to get through... I really feel sad for myself to have to go thru this, is a result mostly of a very abusive relationship I was in several...

Last reply
  • overwhelming shock and terror

I've seen a return of my symptoms after a difficult time with my partner. This has bought me to my knees again, following the suicide of my brother 2 years ago. I keep going into shock and unbearable terror where I don't know how to get through the day. I wondered if anyone had similar symptoms...

Last reply
  • I'm overwhelmed

I was diagnosed with ptsd a month ago from an abusive ex of mine, and now I don't know what to do, or how to deal. It's been getting worse every day and I can't stand it the panic, confusion, fear, shame it's all to much to handle I don't know how to handle any of it and I feel like...

Last reply
  • What does this mean?!

Basically - my mum was an alcoholic. From what I thought, she burned down the family house years ago by being careless with a cigarette. Ever since I can remember, I've always known that it happened. In my head I can see it/remember it happening. I remember seeing her put down the lit cigarette and...

Posted
  • The fear is worsening again the nearer I get.

I finally have confirmation of new counsellor appointment but feel incredibly sick about this. I don't feel I can start again with someone else, how do I ease the fear? The last lot went ok but only just some sessions and I'm unsre I have PTSD any more. Scared. Genuinely.

Posted
  • Should I even bother?

I have the chance to finally go through my shattered past but don't feel confident enough to do this now, giving that I'll have to start again. Where do I start and how, had some counselling before but clearly wasn't enough. Please help I'm 44 and still scared!

Last reply
  • Reliving childhood trauma

Im hoping someone can help me.. i guess ive repressed a sexual assult from childhood and my teenage years..i suffer from bipolar and depression being treated with medication. Last year i had a break down and started having flash backs.. remembered that my cousin had sexually assulted me when i was about...

Last reply
  • It's only taken a murder sentence to be heard

Hi ladies, I have finally after 25 long years finally got more support but very specific to the problems I suffer through PTSD, you'd think i'd murdered someone the time it has taken, all I'd like is a bit of peace and some sleep is that too much to ask?

Posted
  • Am i taking too much medication?

Hello. i am quite new to this forum so bare with me plz. Breif history.  I am a alcoholic and recently been for a residential detox, my final one i hope as i have had many in the past.  Also i have been diagnosed as suffering PTSD, due to a stabbing incident a year ago.  Ok to the point....

Last reply
  • Harmful coping strategy

My husband has PTSD. When he is triggered by his traumatic event he goes to reminders of a girl that was his best friend and whom he had a crush on at the time to help with the flashbacks. This girl was the only one there for him during that time and the only happy thought he has of the time of the event....

Last reply
  • Worried she'll just misunderstand me again

Hi ladies, I'm back.  I need to know what I say to my doctor on Wednesday since she's calling again, I know I have an appointment booked with a new counsellor on the 4th July but that's just for an assessment.  Do I start with that and see what she thinks.  I am worried she'll...

Last reply
  • What's the difference?

I need some advice, what's the difference between ptsd and panic attacks, I've been told I have both but don't quite know the difference.

Last reply
  • Anxiety after terror attack. Symptoms of PTSD?

I was very recently caught up in the aftermath of a terrorist attack which happened on my street about half a mile from my home. I feel very upset, anxious and exhausted and I am finding it impossible to work or to think about anything but what happened and what could have happened to me and my family....

Last reply
  • Just feel back to square 1!

Has the world gone mad or are you meant to just accept rape ad nothing important? I went to see my doctor today who seems prepared to do nothing after me finishing 8 months of counselling for 2 rapes that happened in the past. She just wants to put me on medication for my mood, despite me spending 24...

Last reply
  • Update, update just update!

Hi and thanks to all those who tried to help me the other day, as I said in my updated post my doctor seemed to misunderstand all that I said or ignore me or both (I'm unsure both), so I rang yesterday and asked to see another doctor about this, phone appointment booked but not until 3rd July!  I...

Posted
  • How do I begin?

I need your advice, I have a chance to tell my doctor how ptsd now feels without support and just how scary it is. But where do I start as I have been told I've got ptsd by 1 health professional and panic attacks by rape crisis. I feel really confused. Please help, new doctot very little trust.

Last reply
  • What is my next step?

I need some positivity and hope please, does emdr work or would more counselling be sufficient, would my doctot know about this?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.