Looking for support while with my partner with PTSD is isolating

Posted , 3 users are following.

My partner has been distancing and become non-responsive for a month. Before that, it has been on and off for 5 months. I can understand logically that it's common when it comes to PTSD, but it still brings me frustrations and anxiety. It took me a while to understand how PTSD works, so i have previously expressed disappointments and tried to address issues with him which i believe i have become a stress source for him even though he has told me he appreciated me for being patient and genuinely caring for him.

I am now getting stuck in between worrying about him and taking care of my own mental health. I feel both empathy and anger toward him sometimes.

ideally, i really hope there is a way i could get through him but i know i can't push things.

Hope i can get some support here and advice, if any, how to deal with the situation.

thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi d-sweet, i have read your post with interest and i know how you feel. ptsd stinks. it"s tough not only on the sufferer but they get support they need. i should know - years with ptsd and my husband who has done nothing but support me. you MUST look after yourself p.m me and i will happily support you. i am training to be a counsellor. try it. go out, see friends, meet with people, it's draining. ptsd is horrid, good luck! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.