Why does this hurt so much?

Posted , 3 users are following.

can anyone on here help as i've been to 3 councillors and they can't? i have a huge problem with sexual touch, which i know is due to assault. how do i get past this fear so i don't lose my marriage? also has anyone gone to successfully have a family following assault? (not due to assault though) please i am reaching the point of giving up with this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi there. I really cant relate because my ptsd trauma is related to my child but I dont like to see people reaching out and dont get any responses. I suffered for months before I got the help I needed, gp gave me meds and jogged me on but things got so bad my partner called the emergency mental health team via 111 and since then i have been allocated a care coordinator who is a psychiatric nurse and she helps me with absolutely everything i need. If you are feeling overwhelmed still after having intervention with counselling ask to be referred to your locality team because you get so much more help and support. My flashbacks and panic has gotten better just through knowing I have that safety net of being able to call my care coordinator when I can feel myself becoming distressed. it helps me to feel safe and to tell myself I am safe and I have help if I need it. Sorry i couldnt be more relatable I hope youre ok xxx

• Posted

hi elisha, you think your life is bad then you realise someone else's life is worse! that sounds awful and I am so sorry, your poor daughter! i have since spoken to my doctor and counsellor who are now giving me all the support i need. i can speak to this new counsellor about this and she has agreed to send details to my doctors if necessary.

• Posted

We are all in the same boat trying to find a way home, our trauma effects us all in many different ways so I dont think anyone is worse then anyone else. Your pain is very real and so is mine, it doesnt come from the same place but we are both in the same struggle so I completely sympathise with you and send you lots of hugs and prayers. Be kind to yourself and have patience. My biggest hurdle was accepting that its ok to be this way because I have suffered trauma and my body and soul needs to heal. Once you try to make that peace the bad days start to become managable over time because you learn to listen to when you need a time out. I hope you are surrounded by lots of love and support and I wish all the best in your recovery xx

• Posted

hi Elisha, thank you so much for contacting back. i didn't intend on making anything any more or less important than anything else. all i know is this still really helps and i really don't know how to stop it hurting so much. the problem is i think i undervalue myself so much and blame myself for this. because it's what I've always been lead to believe this was my fault. when i rationalise it it makes less sense. i didn't ask for assault and it's the thing i keep having to remind myself of. i hope i can live in peace someday maybe when i am 6 feet under.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.