Anyone tried SGB (Stellate Ganglion Block) for PTSD?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I've been reading about SGB. There's a Forbes article. I've had complex PTSD that became unbearable when I hit perimonpause. I've got a doctor trying to balance my hormones and have tried everything else over the years from medication to EMDR, to hypnosis, you name it. It's gotten so bad it's hard to function and I have bad bouts every 2 weeks or so and I'm alone. Hard to date with this. Anyway... I read about SGB. Not sure if insurance will cover but wondering if anyone out there has tried it?

Feeling really shaky and awful today. Whole weekend really. Thanks for any info.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi sakura, you say you've tried lots of things but have you been given grounding techniques? if not you may not heal. i would start insist on it, you need to find out what your trigger is and then try a grounding technique when this starts.

• Edited

Thanks for replying. Yes, of course I've tried grounding techniques, breathing techniques, acupuncture, cranial sacral etc etc etc.. Again, I've been working on this for nearly 50 years. I've tried alternative medicine, traditional medicine. Everything. Which is why I'm considering SGB. I have no trigger I or many many therapists, psychiatrists, can find as I have no conscious memory of what happened. Just an emotional physical memory.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.