Normal daily activities.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone else here have trouble going to work, going to the grocery store, or even the laundromat? I have to constantly try to encourage myself in my mind that it will be ok, and yet I'm also terrified at the prospect and while doing these tasks.

For example if I am at the grocery store, I just want to gtfo, everything feels completely overwhelming, everyone is a potential threat, and as a result I forget things, or just grab the first things I see and rush to leave. When I am at work, I am constantly vigilant everyone around me, I don't want to look anyone in the eyes or interact with anyone and all I can think about is leaving. If I have to do laundry, I'm afraid I will be attacked, and again, all I can think about is gtfo.

How are we supposed to function? I am already on meds and I see a therapist, but I just seem to be getting worse. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there Caleb you are not alone. When my PTSD is bad Iiterally am afraid to get out of bed or leave the house. I'm taking Zoloft and clonazapam and not helping much. Do you have a good therapist? Or a support group?

• Edited

im same as you mate, i cant go out, i think everyone is s threat,and should i beat them and run before they beat me, so i tend to stay in for weeks at a time, im single now as my ex couldn't understand me, So i make myself Go out just to stop getting suicidal from non human contact after weeks, ive been on so many types of tablets, some work for a week or 2, then they stop,and im back to my usual self, i suffer from CPTSD, which goes back to my childhood, so its long term, i lived with it for 30 years before i spoke to anyone about it, being a man, and abused in all ways until 14-15 yrs old, i was too embarrassed, didn't feel like a man, so kept quiet, and raged through my 20's and 30's, in out of prison, nightmares, flashbacks for years,years, loads of triggers, im 50 now and have to realize myself that its how i live life, constantly messed up in the head, So I've probably not helped you at all,really, Just know you not on your own.and i understand what you going through.

• Posted

Hi CalebRyan

My son has trauma related injury too. He says that he is always on alert and lost at same time. He has been on setraline 150mg for over 3 months now and it has not worked. He is tapering off it as per the gp's advice. He has been on many different anti d but no luck. He has also had cbt and hypnosis and again ..did not improve. So this January he will be seeing a therapist for EMDR , a scientific method for ptsd. I can only imagine how serious it is for you from seeing how my son suffers. He has to stop his A levels because of it. Of course, the most important thing for all is health. I listened to YouTube and this guy who has recovered says that each time we feel the panic and stress, we must body scan to relax, breath in and out very slowly as we face it...doing so we reprogramme the pre frontal cortex and amygdala. I just told my son to body scan as he felt guilty suddenly. It takes time to face the fear. You are doing well already, as you ventureout and that is a win. remember, celebrate the little wins and they will gather pace and I hope you will come and tell us good news.

• Posted

I wish I had answers to help, trauma from my childhood as finally got me, I've a decent office job, yet can't be in work due to the hyper alertness, potential threats that aren't even specific, just fear causing forgetfulness and total freeze, what you say is exactly how I describe myself, I just try and make the most of getting by, I will lose my job as I just can't put myself through the illness it causes me, I've struggled all my life with these feelings and had many burn outs and have always managed to fight the fear, however, now my body and mind can't take it anymore, as for my future I take one day at a time.

• Posted

Sharon you sound similar to me. I have PTSD that has gotten really bad during peri. I am trying brainspotting.

• Posted

Sakura26 thank you for that, I will take a look, I find self care and all that goes with it helps immensely, however the struggle is so hard.

• Posted

Anyone else here have trouble going to work, going to the grocery store, or even the laundromat? I have to constantly try to encourage myself in my mind that it will be ok, and yet I'm also terrified at the prospect and while doing these tasks. https://www.ucbrowser.vip/

For example if I am at the grocery store, I just want to gtfo, everything feels completely overwhelming, everyone is a potential threat, and as a result I forget things, or just grab the first things I see and rush to leave. When I am at work, I am constantly vigilant everyone around me, I don't want to look anyone in the eyes or interact with anyone and all I can think about is leaving. If I have to do laundry, I'm afraid I will be attacked, and again, all I can think about is gtfo. https://shareit.onl/

How are we supposed to function? I am already on meds and I see a therapist, but I just seem to be getting worse. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. https://appvn.onl/

issue solved!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.