All intimacy gone for good, due to my past

Posted , 3 users are following.

when i look back on my life, i have never had the best relationship with men. i am not looking for sympathy but trying to understand, does PTSD through assault switch off physical relationships, is that what happens? i have no physical relationship with my husband, nothing. we have been married 15;years, all those years i've had PTSD. am i meant to just put up with this? what else can i do to bring it back or to get any intimacy back? i feel a failure to him, my husband i mean but it's not his fault and neither was it mine. help? genuinely help!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

I would imagine it could switch off physical relationships depending on the trauma. Assault sounds like a reasonable one. Have you tried hypnotherapy? Maybe if you are regressed to the initial sensitizing event the therapist can walk you through it in a way that takes away some of the intensity of the trauma and redirects it. Then you can process that event better perhaps. Given that you´ve posted about your issue and asking advice for doing something about it tells me that you are at least interested in having a physical relationship with your husband. So there´s hope with that it seems to me.

IndyG

• Posted

hi indyg, i take you have had hypnotherapy for trauma like this then? it's awful i have to even contemplate this, i wish i didn't. the intimacy is dead though. it's not my fault and i don't think anyone will agree but i don't care....

• Posted

sorry only just realised what i've written. the last bit was half a sentence, it was meant to say, i don't care what people think as they've not been through this so won't understand. it's so tough the thought of any of this sickens me to my core. rape takes so many prisoners and the release is the day your rapist dies. i just hope this happens soon...

• Posted

No I´ve not done hypnotherapy myself as a patient. I just know it can be useful to some people. It might be worth exploring is all I´m saying if you wish to overcome your issue.

IndyG

• Edited

ah ok, i might try that! i will certainly try something...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.