1 week with Pityriasis Rosea and I'm freaking out

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm literrally crying right now. Just came back from the doctor and she diagnosed me with pityriasis rosea. Gave me Helpoderm, Flonidan and Prednisolon. (I live in Albania so mind the names of the drugs cuz we use different ones here I guess.) 

My chest, belly, back, neck, shoulders, a little bit on my thighes and face are covered with these redish evil spots. 

Since I got home I have done nothing but research and I'm literally crying my eyes out right now.

For two weeks my classes start and I dont know how in the world I am gonna go to school like this because I read here that it takes weeks and even months to get rid of it. 

I wanna know what the hell causes it and some tricks to maybe get rid of it faster. 

Thank you in advance. =)

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So I've had Pityriasis Rosea for 15 days now. I never had a herald patch and when I first went to the doctor, I was told they were insect bites as there were only few. Within the next 3 days I was covered with the wrinkled scaly spots - I returned to the doctors and was diagnosed with PR. I was prescribed steroid cream and sent on my way. No cure, no cause, just 6 weeks to 5 months worth of hell. So I researched for hours. I read about tanning beds but I'm only 16 so too young to use them in the UK. So I purchased Aloe Vera gel, Head and Shoulders - instant relief which i use to rub directly onto the spots while washing and multivitamin gummies, 15 days in and they are beginning to fade. I wash in cool water as to not irritate the spots. I was covered in these spots, from my jawline to my thighs, I already suffer from mild anxiety so this was a nightmare, I spent nights in tears because it was unbearable so I'm glad they are fading, I hope this helps you, it's a terrible thing to have.
  • Posted

I had PR for about a month, then was recommended 'hydrocortisone cream' (from the UK) and it cleared up after about 5 days. I've got very dry skin now but it's much easier to manage dry skin than the rash. I hope it goes away for you very soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.