Skip to content
Ad

Pityriasis Rosea

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Its finally going! - signs of healing

I'm so relieved - I can happily say that my PR is finally clearing up. I've had it for about 8 weeks now. About a week before it started to fade I think it 'peaked' it was intensely itchy and very dry and flaky. A week later the itch had all but gone (except when after a shower) The patches...

Last reply
  • On my scalp?

My doctor diagnosed PR about a week ago.  It is still spreading somewhat but I am managing it.  I have noticed that I am suddenly extremely itchy on my scalp where I've never had any sort of skin issues before. It is very itchy around the hairline and ears and also further in on my scalp....

Last reply
  • facial discoloration

my 15-year-old daughter has been diagnosed with PR, she is on week 6. most of her body is on the mend and drying up and really isn't a concern anymore.  her face, however, is a concern....it started as a red rash and has since turned a white discoloration in spots and patches on her tanned...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea and mouth ulcers?

Help!  Are there others who are suffering from mouth ulcers due to having been diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea?  I'm now in my 12th-13th week and have not been able to eat - let alone taste any food.  Is there anything I can take/do?

Last reply
  • Pityriasis rosea

I have pr for a week all over my body !!the only place I have not got it is on my face. The itch is killing me . I am using hydrocortisone 1% w/with cream and taken I allergy tablet a day . Is there anything else I could use to help speed up of recovery? ??? Any help I would be very grateful...

Last reply
  • Finally Beat Pityriasis Rosea!!!

So it started off a one spot and I initially thought it was a ring worm but when I went to the doctor they confirmed I had Pityriasis Rosea and that it had no cure. So I went online and found tons of people dealing with this a lot of the articles were old though but I decided to give it a try. I tried...

Last reply
  • My 7 year old has PA for 2 months not getting better

My 7 year old daughter has pityriasis Rosea for almost two months. We went to 3 doctor who all said it was ring worms before seeing a dermatologist who diagnosis my daughters rash as Pityriasis Rosea. At this point she has been dealing with the rash for 5 weeks. He told us to use a moisturizer but to...

Last reply
  • New hope, no prescription Prreze

Someone on one of the threads said I should start a thread about this. I had PR for 14 months. Yeah, unusual, but I was misdiagnosed as having a bad fungal infection. Then had a biopsy done, and found out I had PR. 5 months later, I found Prreze. It is an over the counter cream (no prescription) with...

Last reply
  • Any help.... please!!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say that I've found a great deal of comfort scrolling through this forum knowing I am not alone in suffering from this awful skin condition!  I first noticed a few small red patches back at the end of august, but they didn't spread too quickly and I only went...

Posted
  • PR is driving me crazy feel like an itchy dragon

I noticed my herald (or as I call it epic-centre) about 1 month ago on my bottom and treated it for ring worm which did not help.  Suddenly after a few weeks small red patches developed on my tummy and the tops of my legs so I started using my Mum's prescription steroid cream which did not work...

Last reply
  • PR GONE IN THREE WEEKS

Hey guys, I'm writing because the experience of having PR really needs to be shared.  I'm normally a very active person and PR stressed me out so much i didn't want to stay.  It was irritating, itched and even hurt sometimes when i was too active or started to sweat.  People...

Last reply
  • How I Beat Pityriasis Rosea in 2 Weeks- Tips!

Hi Guys! If you're reading this, you must have been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea. If you're anything like me, you've probably spent the last few days obsessively reading about it on the web. If you're disappointed by what you've seen (the rash lasting for years, being super painful,...

Last reply
  • Cured Pityriasis Rosea in 1 week!

For all the impatient people who hate long posts, here's the summary of what I did: - washed body with head & shoulders twice a day (recommend using clinical strength if your case is severe) - sun bathed entire naked body for about 40 minutes. Let the sun hit ALL the areas where the rash is,...

Last reply
  • RESULTS AFTER EXPOSING MY SKIN TO SUN AND USING PRREZE

(The pictures are in-order from left to right!) My journey with Pityriasis Rosea has been VERY draining and depressing... I am in my 7th week but I am NO LONGER self-conscious about my skin. At first, I noticed a small herald patch on my upper thigh and I didn't think anything of it because...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea caused by hep b vaccine?

i just wanna vent and get some advice. so about 2 months ago i noticed that large round patch on my upper right thigh.. it was dry and scaly but i thought it was nothing major, maybe i just needed to lotion up more.. ok well it faded a bit and then i began to get smaller spots all over both of my thighs...

Last reply
  • 2 weeks with Pityriasis rosea & what i used amazed even

like many other people i witnessed this horrible rash which is so itchy and at first i thought it was an allergic reaction after going to the doctors he informed me it was Pityriasis rosea, which i had never heard off anyone he gave me some caneston to apply 3 times aday which did help but not alot......

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea finally going: here are my tips

Hi everyone!  I am currently into my fourth week of horrible pityriasis rosea and my rash is finally starting to go. I wanted to share my experiences with you as I am certain I have found a cure. Four weeks ago I had a herald spot on my neck and within a week my whole neck was covered in an itchy...

Last reply
  • Recurring pityriasis rosea

Hello I was interested to read other experiences. I am currently experiencing a recurrance of pityriasis rosea. I had the first occurance about 9 or 10 years ago and my Dr too was not only surprised to see a rare disorder but to see it in someone at my age. I was 27 then. Even more surprised now at...

Last reply
  • PRREZE Cream Results!

Happy news! I ordered some PRREZE cream and used it for 3 days, hoping for a miracle. My rash did respond by getting redder and a little itchier, but nothing vanished overnight. By Day 4 I was feeling discouraged....but on Day 5, wow, what a change! The skin on my chest/stomach was smoother and the...

Last reply
  • Soooo tired!!

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with PR last week. I got my 'Mother Patch' on the back of my leg about 5 weeks ago, after being on holiday. I went to the docs and they said it was ringworm and I was prescribed with some cream. About a week and a half after that I started noticing patches on my chest...

Last reply
  • Little one with Pityriasis Rosea - Cured in 2 1/2 week!!!

Hello All!  I wanted to share my experience with my 19 month old son getting diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea and how we were on the road to recovery within 2 1/2 weeks!  I began to notice a rash forming on the outside of my sons butt cheek. I thought it was just a strange diaper rash, or...

Last reply
  • Need help!!

So literally just been diagnosed with this after having the 'herald patch' for about 2 weeks and the rest of my body is literally covered everywhere in the red itchy spots and other herald patches. Does anyone have any home remedies for helping this? It's making me feel really depressed as...

Last reply
  • 6th week into Pityriasis Rosea. It's going away!!!!!!

I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea 5 weeks ago when I noticed small red dots on my tummy we're turning into small red patches.  A week before I went to see my doctor I thought those dots were just spider or bug bites. Within the first week it spread to my back, it was about 17 patches I could...

Last reply
  • How I got rid of PR in 2 weeks!

When I first got diagnosed with PR I read online how people suffered for months, even over a year. I thought to myself...no way!! I'm not dealing with this for that long! I read online remedies and knew that I would do anything to get rid of it and fast! So I showered twice a day with head and shoulders...

Last reply
  • It has finally gone!!

My PR Story Date: Thursday 31st August 2017 Hi, this is my story about how I dealt with PR (Pityriasis Rosea). I am 18 years old in a full time job whilst studying a level 4 diploma. Back in February I discovered these dry sort of patchy spots over the bottom of my legs.. at first I...

Last reply
  • I believe I have this terrible itchy burden!!!!

It all started when I was going camping it ended up being a very stressful camping trip with some bad people there, while driving on the way home I noticed I had to oval spears on the back leg behind my knee.   It progressively got worse and worse and I went to the doctor. She treated me for...

Last reply
  • PRREZE uk alternative

Hey guys so I have a very awful rash all on my upper chest, back and neck the worst and like 5spots on my face and the rest is not that bad around the rest of my body. My doctor has prescribed steroid creams and they haven't done anything. I read on here that this all natural cream is amazing but...

Last reply
  • It's finally GONE!!!!

I'm so happy!!!! After 2months and no creams it's finally gone!  I'm posting just to give you guys a update. I had PR all over my chest, back, thighs, upper arms and mouth area of my face quiet bad normally you don't get it on your face but I did.  I washed in head and shoulders...

Last reply
  • Shea Butter For Post-Rash Skin!

Hey guys! Happy to say that my rash is 99% gone, with just some dry patches on my legs now. I'm SO glad that I had PRREZE cream to help get rid of it within a month and a half, but I wanted to share with you another secret weapon that I think REALLY helped my skin once the rash faded but it was...

Last reply
  • Dry Skin Patches too?

Hi all, Ive had PR for months now but just diagnosed a few weeks ago. I've just gotten some new patches that started as very dry skin and then have gotten irritated even more with red dots and patches. They don't look like the other patches that are red rings with unpigmented skin inside. Anyone...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea - started to clear after 3 weeks

If you are reading this then you probably have PR. I too am suffering from this nasty rash. I first noticed the herald patch on my collar bone and initially thought it looked like ring worm. A few days later the rash had spread to my upper chest and was driving me crazy with the itch which was burning...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes and rashes

To start, I am a relatively healthy 20 year old female living in Canada. For the past 7 months I have had multiple health complications. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of caring and general knowledge within the Canadian health care system. Starting in January (7 months ago) I began...

Last reply
  • I beat Pityriasis Rosea after one year of trying!

I am not a "going to the doctor" person. I thought it was ringworm, and treated with antifungal. It spread. After about 10 months, I went to a dermatologist, she biopsied it, and diagnosed me, Gave me a steroid cream, and said most people only have it for 6 to 8 weeks. It would probably go...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.