Skip to content

Pityriasis Rosea

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pityriasis rosea 2nd round!

So, I had pityriasis rosea before; probably hot worst case ever seen since I had this thing for about 8 months! At the time I was on cortisone creams, steroids pills from time to time that got me super fat! And some type of steroid cream that helped but it wasnt much! I recently noticed one spot and...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea- THIS WORKED FOR ME!!

Remedy that WORKED!!I also suffered from Pityriasis Rosea. What worked for me within days! 1. I took vitamin D 2000mg 2. Showered in cool water with Selsun Blue Medicated Shampoo ( morning & evening) 3. Moisturized skin with coconut & tea tree oil ( twice a day) 4. Did Photo therapy treatments...

Posted
  • My little fight with pityriasis rosea

Here is my little story with this little demon that is pityriasis rosea. I am a hypocondric and I have anxiety, needless to say this was a very difficult disease to go through. It's so hard to understand and it progresses slowly. TL;DR: Tanning seems to work. Go tanning asap and find out if it works...

Last reply
  • My cure for Pityriasis rosea in one week with PrrEze

I just wanted to thank the peple here when I got Pit I googled it and saw what people here had tryd. I saw that there was a cream called PrrEze and it sunded better then most of the other things and easier. I bought it online. My Pit was pretty new about two weks but I am super sensitive about my skin....

Last reply
  • Prreze

I ordered Prreze a few weeks ago and it’s cleared up before it arrived in the UK as it got delayed going through customs so it took a while to get here. I will be selling the cream on eBay at the price that a bought it for if anyone is interested, for uk buyers I can get it to you overnight. 

Last reply
  • Recurring pityriasis rosea

Hello I was interested to read other experiences. I am currently experiencing a recurrance of pityriasis rosea. I had the first occurance about 9 or 10 years ago and my Dr too was not only surprised to see a rare disorder but to see it in someone at my age. I was 27 then. Even more surprised now at...

Last reply
  • How I Treated My Pityriasis Rosea In 2 Weeks

I usually do not post on forums but if I can give an advice to help people with this awful rash then I am here for it. To start off I am a 19 year old African American female. Like everyone else I discovered my herald patch on my chest but it was small and not itchy. I believe the key to getting rid...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea

I noticed a really dry patch of flaky skin around December of 2017 today is 7/3/18. Being that it wasn't bothering me I applied A&D ointment. The A&D ointment made it go away and come back several times. Months later I discovered the same patch on my back when both the patches became itchy...

Last reply
  • How I treated Pityriasis Rosea in two weeks!!

I first noticed a patch of red skin on my inner forearm. At first I thought it must be a burn from a straightener but after a week i noticed other patches of red dry skin on my lower stomach. I didn't think anything of it for a few days but it soon spread all over my stomach and chest. I lost all...

Last reply
  • How I Beat Pityriasis Rosea in 2 Weeks- Tips!

Hi Guys! If you're reading this, you must have been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea. If you're anything like me, you've probably spent the last few days obsessively reading about it on the web. If you're disappointed by what you've seen (the rash lasting for years, being super painful,...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea - on back. I have a few questions regarding PR

Hello and I'm so glad I found this discussion forum.  It has been very informative.  I also thought I had ringworm, but after much research on the internet I am convinced I have PR.  I have an appointment with a dermatologist in the near future. I have the herald patch on my upper...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea - started to clear after 3 weeks

If you are reading this then you probably have PR. I too am suffering from this nasty rash. I first noticed the herald patch on my collar bone and initially thought it looked like ring worm. A few days later the rash had spread to my upper chest and was driving me crazy with the itch which was burning...

Last reply
  • Please help me:(

Guys please let me know how long the new spots spread during this awful deases ?  I should expect a few new spots every day for 4-6 weeks? I can not order prreze due to my location   The heraled was appeared 1 month before the spots!  

Last reply
  • How I am treating my PR

Like many of you on this discussion, I thought I initially got ringworm but after treating it for weeks with no progression, I finally started looking up other diagnoses that are commonly mistaken for ringworm which led me to self-diagnose myself with PR. I believe I noticed the herald patch mid-May...

Last reply
  • I beat Pityriasis Rosea after one year of trying!

I am not a "going to the doctor" person. I thought it was ringworm, and treated with antifungal. It spread. After about 10 months, I went to a dermatologist, she biopsied it, and diagnosed me, Gave me a steroid cream, and said most people only have it for 6 to 8 weeks. It would probably go...

Last reply
  • On my scalp?

My doctor diagnosed PR about a week ago.  It is still spreading somewhat but I am managing it.  I have noticed that I am suddenly extremely itchy on my scalp where I've never had any sort of skin issues before. It is very itchy around the hairline and ears and also further in on my scalp....

Last reply
  • How I Quickly Treated Pityriasis Rosea!

I am a 16 year old girl who was diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea just under a week ago, although it first appeared around a week and a half ago. I was absolutely devastated as I'd read online horror stories of it lasting up to a year and I'm in the middle of sitting my GCSEs and have prom and...

Last reply
  • My experience with Pityriasis Rosea

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my experience so far. In all my searching I never read about a case of this condition that spread to the same places as mine, and I think it would be reassuring for others if they ever have it similar to what I have.  My herald patch formed 9 weeks ago on the...

Last reply
  • Cured Pityriasis Rosea in 1 week!

For all the impatient people who hate long posts, here's the summary of what I did: - washed body with head & shoulders twice a day (recommend using clinical strength if your case is severe) - sun bathed entire naked body for about 40 minutes. Let the sun hit ALL the areas where the rash is,...

Last reply
  • My Pityriasis Rosea Experience - Secondary Breakout on arms

When I first found out I had Pityriasis Rosea I came stright here and got some wonderful advice on how to remedy my rash. I've had Pityriasis Rosea for about 3 weeks now and my original rash and herd patch have almost disapeared. However over the last week I have been feeling very under...

Last reply
  • pityriasis rosea

Hey guys, my whole body is covered with red itchy rashes because of pityriasis rosea gibert...its spreading really fast and i am devastated... i recently heard about the Prreze cream, and i want to buy it from ebay. Can somebody please tell me how to use it, how many times a day, how many packages shoud...

Last reply
  • Hey guys

Thanks for all your fast replies and advices, i dont feel so alone anymore :-) i ordered the Prreze cream, because is my last hope. I will write again to let you know how it worked for me. I wish you all fast recovery :-)

Posted
  • PR gone after 2 weeks

Hi guys, I just thought I'd share my experience with pityriasis rosea since reading posts online helped me deal with mine. I had it all over my body, it was incredibly itchy, and I had several 'herald' patches. First off, I'm going to tell you what worked for me. I'm not claiming...

Last reply
  • 12 yr old daughter diagnosed a couple days ago

Ok.  My daughter was diagnosed a couple days ago and all I can say is it is horrible timing for something like this to pop up, but I am trying to remember that there a lot of worse fates in life.  She has a lot of very fine specks, as well as, her inflamed spots.  Are these specks going...

Last reply
  • 2 weeks with Pityriasis rosea & what i used amazed even

like many other people i witnessed this horrible rash which is so itchy and at first i thought it was an allergic reaction after going to the doctors he informed me it was Pityriasis rosea, which i had never heard off anyone he gave me some caneston to apply 3 times aday which did help but not alot......

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea & sunbeds??? Please help me :(

I've recently had a virus which then turned into tonsilitis, I was on antibiotics for 10days but half way through the course of antibiotics I came out in a rash starting on my tummy I went to the doctors and he said it's Pityriasis Rosea and there's not much he can do. He didn't really...

Last reply
  • Finally my Pityrisis is starting to FADEE!!!!

So after about a month of having a tiny little piece of dry skin on top of my stomach it starterd to get bigger!!I thought nothing of it. I obviously got worried as it grew and it started to look like ring worm. I asked the pharmacist to have a look at it who gave me some anti fungal cream which she...

Last reply
  • Tips for extremely dry/flaky skin on

Hello, everyone...I'm hoping that someone can give me some help on what to do about having extremely dry and flaky skin. It's more the flakiness that's bothering me. My clothes on the inside are completely covered with flakes and there's still plenty left on my skin. I have PR on the...

Last reply
  • I never post in these kinds of things but felt I had to...

I'm 27, very active, constantly working, traveling, and going out. I live a very busy life. I never post in these forums but really felt like I had to after this experience. About a month and a half ago, I noticed a small and pale patch on my shoulder (which I later found out was a herald patch)...

Last reply
  • After 8 weeks with Pityriasis Rosea, this is what worked for me.

I'm not one to ever post on forums, but after being completely discouraged (to the point of tears) by PR, I knew I had to share my story...and share that there is an end to this awful virus!! About 8 weeks ago, I noticed a small patch on my shoulder that my PCP diagnosed (2 weeks later) as ringworm...

Last reply
  • Help

Yesterday i thought it was healing now my face has worsened it’s healing a bit on my stomach but my face is so bad I can’t leave the house I feel like it won’t ever go. I can’t believe how bad it is on my face 

Last reply
  • Its finally going! - signs of healing

I'm so relieved - I can happily say that my PR is finally clearing up. I've had it for about 8 weeks now. About a week before it started to fade I think it 'peaked' it was intensely itchy and very dry and flaky. A week later the itch had all but gone (except when after a shower) The patches...

Last reply
  • Recurrence of pityriasis rosea, doesn't fit usual characteristics?

A while ago, 4 months ago, I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea and was told it would go away in a few weeks. It was gone after a month just as they said. The harold patch was on my hip which I was told was unusual, and I also had another large patch on my chest. On my arms legs and torso and neck...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.