Skip to content

Pityriasis Rosea

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Katie L Katie L

Pityriasis Rosea

I had PR 2 years ago. Found a woman online who said get on a sunbed NOW!.... I had 6 minutes on an infra-red sunbed (good for skin problems etc)..... within 24 hours it was 70% gone! I cried with relief!..... A few more sunbeds and it was gone. I was nearly 4 weeks in and suffering terribly. Lucky old...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • How I treated Pityriasis Rosea in two weeks!!

I first noticed a patch of red skin on my inner forearm. At first I thought it must be a burn from a straightener but after a week i noticed other patches of red dry skin on my lower stomach. I didn't think anything of it for a few days but it soon spread all over my stomach and chest. I lost all...

Last reply
  • PR for 3 weeks

Hello, I got diagnosed with PR on April 1st, but my Herald patch showed up about 2 weeks before that. I was using the cream the Dr prescribed and taking oatmeal baths but the itching and burning was unbearable. Since Monday I have been tanning in a tanning bed 7 min a day, taking 3000mgs of lysine in...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea: my experience

Firstly, Pityriasis Rosea is a horrible skin condition and if you are reading this post, I am sorry that you have had to experience it. Know that it will test your patience but you have to (really have to) be patient with it. It will get better.  I’ve had Pityriasis Rosea for 5 weeks...

Last reply
  • How I Quickly Got Rid of My Pityriasis Rosea

I got pityriasis rosea in 2014 and again in 2015. The first time, it lasted about 6-8 weeks. The second time, I got rid of it in only 2 weeks. The things that I think helped me the most were head & shoulders clinical strength shampoo, emergen-c, tanning, vitamin D3 pills, and possibly milk thistle....

Last reply
  • How I got rid of my pityriasis Rosea in 7/8days

This is my 2nd time having this horrible skin matter in 2 years. I must admit it has made my life a living hell when I have it. But anywho her are the main things I’ve done to get it gone.  1st- detox( drink nothing but water a gallon a day if you can) and emerg-c daily  2nd- purchase head...

Last reply
  • How I cured my Pityriasis Rosea in 2-3 weeks

Hey y’all!  If you’re reading this thread, you’re probably like me... scowering the internet desperate to find anything to get rid of pityriasis rosea.  And let me tell y’all, I searched EVERYWHERE for anything and everything. I was desperate, distraught and depressed.  at his condition...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea

I had PR 2 years ago. Found a woman online who said get on a sunbed NOW!.... I had 6 minutes on an infra-red sunbed (good for skin problems etc)..... within 24 hours it was 70% gone! I cried with relief!..... A few more sunbeds and it was gone. I was nearly 4 weeks in and suffering terribly. Lucky old...

Posted
  • My Pityriasis Rosea Experience - Secondary Breakout on arms

When I first found out I had Pityriasis Rosea I came stright here and got some wonderful advice on how to remedy my rash. I've had Pityriasis Rosea for about 3 weeks now and my original rash and herd patch have almost disapeared. However over the last week I have been feeling very under...

Last reply
  • Someone please help me with my PR!

I was diagnosed a month ago had patches all over my back and then small red spots spread across my sides to my torso and then up my chest and neck and now down my arms.  The drs put me on a 14 day steroid pill and told me to take benadryl for the itch.  The itch is so extreme I rarely sleep...

Last reply
  • Please help, PR taking over my life.

Hey there, I first noticed a large red patch on my inner thigh, it was slightly itchy, and was asymmetrical. I thought nothing of it, but after 2 weeks it began to worry me. I stared looking up what it could be- ringworm first came to mind, as well as other common skin conditions. I didn't know...

Last reply
  • Preeze UK

Hello all,  My rash went before it could arrive from America. I am going to be putting it on eBay if anyone is interested let me know. It’s cost me around £80, but will be selling for cheaper. I’ve not used it at all.  I wish I had a chance to use it seeing as it’s supposed to work miracles! ...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea

I've had pr now going on 5 months I've noticed that some of them are peeling but most of them are staying pink how long does it usually take for this to disappear completely I'm beginning to think it's something else.

Last reply
  • New to PR & Frustrated

Hi everyone. I was dx with PR on March 6. I first noticed red spots on by breast and left arm and thought it was ringworm but it did not go away. Then I discovered my "Mother Patch" on my R side, and have no idea how long it had been there. My Dr. was very quick to dx PR and said there was...

Last reply
  • Is it possible to attack the Harold patch

Hello all! I got my first case of P.R about a year and a half ago. It lasted 2 months before drying up and going away. It was severe with no "classic" symptoms. I just now notice on my arm a feared Harold patch. Does anyone have experience with attacking that or doing anything right away to...

Last reply
  • Cured Pityriasis Rosea in 1 week!

For all the impatient people who hate long posts, here's the summary of what I did: - washed body with head & shoulders twice a day (recommend using clinical strength if your case is severe) - sun bathed entire naked body for about 40 minutes. Let the sun hit ALL the areas where the rash is,...

Last reply
  • Its finally going! - signs of healing

I'm so relieved - I can happily say that my PR is finally clearing up. I've had it for about 8 weeks now. About a week before it started to fade I think it 'peaked' it was intensely itchy and very dry and flaky. A week later the itch had all but gone (except when after a shower) The patches...

Last reply
  • Acyclovir?

My doc put me on acyclovir for 5 days. Has anyone else with PR done this? Did it work? Im going on three weeks and am going nuts. 

Last reply
  • Have I got Pityriasis Rosea?!

So - about a month ago i fell in a boggy wildlife reserve in Cumbria and got wet. About a week later i started with a very small circular red patch on my upper arm that i thought was fungal as have had a similar mark on my face before. Anyway - this grew into a defined circle over 4-5 days and my doctor...

Last reply
  • Need some advice and want to hear if others have similar issues

Hi, I’m 17 and have had Pityriasis Rosea chronically since I was 10 and kind of want to hear what others did to help stop it and unfortunately for my case I have gotten it every winter season since I was 10 and until this year it was not as bad, but after the skin on my legs began to bleed I wanted to...

Last reply
  • Is PR rare

My derm and on-line research says PR is “common” and “trivial.  (Trivial?  Good grief.)  Noticed starzstarz said it was rare.   I had never heard of it before 4 weeks ago when contracted.  Derm said it will go away eventually.  My herald patch and spots are starting to fade...

Last reply
  • Recurring pityriasis rosea

Hello I was interested to read other experiences. I am currently experiencing a recurrance of pityriasis rosea. I had the first occurance about 9 or 10 years ago and my Dr too was not only surprised to see a rare disorder but to see it in someone at my age. I was 27 then. Even more surprised now at...

Last reply
  • Sharing PR experience (ongoing) week 3

Hello everyone,  Firstly I just want to say I've never seeked advice from forums before or even written on one so bare with me but I just had to share my ongoing experience as if it wasn't for you guys posting on this forum, I'd have thrown the towel in by now!! I came to the forum...

Last reply
  • Do they get bigger ??

I’m getting more ‘spots’ but everyone is getting bigger and bigger. Is this normal?? The doctor told me it was PR but I’m now not sure

Last reply
  • Does PR scar? I've read conflicting statements.

I guess it depends on how severe someone's case it? Or if they scratched their spots? Or how easily their skin scars in general... I'm curious though. Have any of you experienced scarring from it? And if not.. how long did the spots take to 100% go away leaving no trace.

Last reply
  • Diagnoed with PR 3 days ago...

I noticed this spot on my right thigh a couple weeks ago. Wasn't sure if it was ringworm or an ingrown pimple. I was going to go to the derm but I decided not to. Then I noticed this spot on my collarbone, I thought maybe I scratched myself. Then I noticed multiple spots all over me and decided I...

Last reply
  • An update on my case...

My PR spread all over my body last week. I mean, EVERY WHERE. I must have a pretty bad case of it. I have been bathing in oatmeal and taking a bunch of vitamins and I ordered Prreze and have been using that for a few days now. I don't think it's been working, to be honest. I don't see any...

Last reply
  • Need more advice what to do...

Hi everyone I have been reading everyone's posts in the hope that something can help me with my PR, but feeling a little lost about it all at the minute  I first noticed a small patch on my bum cheek before Christmas, this one has totally healed now so not sure if that was actually my herald...

Last reply
  • Prreze

I ordered Prreze a few weeks ago and it’s cleared up before it arrived in the UK as it got delayed going through customs so it took a while to get here. I will be selling the cream on eBay at the price that a bought it for if anyone is interested, for uk buyers I can get it to you overnight. 

Last reply
  • How I dealt with PR-almost totally healed after 5 weeks

Reading posts about how people helped themselves heal from this was so helpful, as my doctor provided no help (just recommended oatmeal baths and antihistamines). And I read a TON about it. So I wanted to share my tips! Some fun facts that I learned from dealing with this: - Everyone's PR is different...

Last reply
  • What worked to clear pityriasis rosea in 1 week!

I noticed the herald patch on the back of my neck a little over a month ago then a rash on my chest about 10 days later. Into week 2 of the rash, the first spots on the chest rash were fading a bit (but still getting extremely irritated after working out and showering) but my back was getting so much...

Last reply
  • PRREZE uk alternative

Hey guys so I have a very awful rash all on my upper chest, back and neck the worst and like 5spots on my face and the rest is not that bad around the rest of my body. My doctor has prescribed steroid creams and they haven't done anything. I read on here that this all natural cream is amazing but...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea week 2

So I had a herald patch but since I've never heard of PR before I dismissed it as a scratch. A week with a couple of headaches and tiredness happened but I ignored it as stress from work and a busy lifestyle despite I never really get headaches. After a Saturday night drinks I decided to take...

Last reply
  • PR or plaque psoriasis

I've had PR for 10 weeks and recently went to the doctors where she told me that my PR has turned into psoriasis as psoriasis attacks weak parts of your body. I have been prescribed with calcipotriol ointment which is a non steroid ointment used to treat psoriasis, so far the results have been encouraging...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.