Skip to content

Pityriasis Rosea

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Flu and PR is breaking me down

I'm a caucasian female, 34 with sensitive skin. It all started when I noticed a zit on my left shoulder blade. I didn't think anything of it so I applied tea tree oil hoping it would dissapear. Until it started to itch like nothing I've experienced before. It was drying out but getting …

Last reply
  • I’ve had PR for 3 months now...

Hi all- really happy I found this page. I am 26 and got a little red patch on my stomach back in July. I thought it was ringworm and had two doctors tell me it was. So I applied creams and started a fungal pill, but none of it worked. Then I noticed all of the other red patches. So I went to a …

Last reply
  • Soooo tired!!

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with PR last week. I got my 'Mother Patch' on the back of my leg about 5 weeks ago, after being on holiday. I went to the docs and they said it was ringworm and I was prescribed with some cream. About a week and a half after that I started noticing patches on my …

Last reply
  • Kicking my Pityriasis Rosea's butt!

Hi all, I'm a 34 year old woman who was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea for the first time last week.  I had been experiencing symptoms for about a week prior to seeing a doctor.  Admittedly, this was the first time I had ever heard of such condition, and it made me really upset to …

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea & sunbeds??? Please help me :(

I've recently had a virus which then turned into tonsilitis, I was on antibiotics for 10days but half way through the course of antibiotics I came out in a rash starting on my tummy I went to the doctors and he said it's Pityriasis Rosea and there's not much he can do. He didn't …

Last reply
  • Cured Pityriasis Rosea in 1 week!

For all the impatient people who hate long posts, here's the summary of what I did: - washed body with head & shoulders twice a day (recommend using clinical strength if your case is severe) - sun bathed entire naked body for about 40 minutes. Let the sun hit ALL the areas where the rash …

Last reply
  • How I beat PR!

I am 23 years old I had what looked to be a bug bite and didnt think much of it after 2 days it spread into a rash i had a biopsy done and as it would turn out it was PR. I used head and shoulders clinical strength, Zinc Oxide, tanning, oatmeal baths and i just couldnt find any relief. The head and …

Last reply
  • Pityriasis rosea! I hate it!

I found a mother patch 2weeks ago. I thought it was a bug bite. No big deal and I left it. About 10 days later I start seeing likttle rashes and lil dots on my arm and groin area.  So I put some cortisone and didn’t help. Few days later got worse. So I went to quick care and dr said it was pR.& …

Last reply
  • Gonna try tanning salon.

I had PR for 2-3 weeks.   I just can’t take it anymore.  So anyone who’ve done this and had good result please give me some advice. What do I tell the clerk when I walk in? Would they even know about PR? I’m sure there is a settings how you much dark you want. And do I tan my face as well? …

Last reply
  • Pityriasis rosea. Burning while healing

I have been suffering from this horrible rash for the last one month. It's everywhere from the scalp to my toes, even in my palms. The rashes have started flaking almost everywhere. But I get skin becomes dry easily and I get occasional burning sensation. The rashes also give a pricking …

Last reply
  • Does PR leaves a Scar!?

I am in my 5th week of my PR. Rashes all over my chest, stomach, torso. Some on upper thighs and hands and neck. Couldn't really make out which on is herald patch. But it started with 3 medium sized rashes near arm pit and two below naval. After 2 weeks of that, there were mostly small rashes …

Last reply
  • PITYRIASIS ROSEA use zinc oxide

I have pityriasis rosea which started with a three day headache. The herald patch arrived several days later followed by a rash 10 days later. I was wrongly diagnosed by my doctor who said it was ringworm. Easy mistake to make. Finally on Friday, another doctor told me it was Pityriasis rosea. I …

Last reply
  • help!

I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea about 5 weeks ago. After use of a steroid cream on some lesions and purely sunlight on others (located on my back). They have now all subsided. However at around week 4 I had a strange bruise like mark arise on my forearm (shown as attached), this …

Last reply
  • Help!

I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea about 5 weeks ago. After use of a steroid cream on some lesions and purely sunlight on others (located on my back). They have now all subsided. However at around week 4 I had a strange bruise like mark arise on my forearm (shown as attached). This is very …

Last reply
  • Statins Pityriasis

15mths ago diagnosed with PR  I have been looking back at my  Atorvastitin from 20mg - 40mg - 60mg -80mg reason cholestral 6.5 Dr's prescribed higher higher dosage 7/7/2018 I decided to stop my statin as today I find that my rashes etc instead of getting worse are not so angry and …

Last reply
  • Sunbathing was the answer for me.

I read many of the threads.  One in particular stood out to me when the person said, tan, tan, tan.  I have olive skin and don't burn easily.  I tan really easily.  I did two sunbathing sessions about 10 mins each with direct sunlight hitting my back.  I could really …

Last reply
  • Pityriasis rosea 2nd round!

So, I had pityriasis rosea before; probably hot worst case ever seen since I had this thing for about 8 months! At the time I was on cortisone creams, steroids pills from time to time that got me super fat! And some type of steroid cream that helped but it wasnt much! I recently noticed one spot …

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea- THIS WORKED FOR ME!!

Remedy that WORKED!!I also suffered from Pityriasis Rosea. What worked for me within days! 1. I took vitamin D 2000mg 2. Showered in cool water with Selsun Blue Medicated Shampoo ( morning & evening) 3. Moisturized skin with coconut & tea tree oil ( twice a day) 4. Did Photo therapy …

Posted
  • My little fight with pityriasis rosea

Here is my little story with this little demon that is pityriasis rosea. I am a hypocondric and I have anxiety, needless to say this was a very difficult disease to go through. It's so hard to understand and it progresses slowly. TL;DR: Tanning seems to work. Go tanning asap and find out if it …

Last reply
  • My cure for Pityriasis rosea in one week with PrrEze

I just wanted to thank the peple here when I got Pit I googled it and saw what people here had tryd. I saw that there was a cream called PrrEze and it sunded better then most of the other things and easier. I bought it online. My Pit was pretty new about two weks but I am super sensitive about my …

Last reply
  • Prreze

I ordered Prreze a few weeks ago and it’s cleared up before it arrived in the UK as it got delayed going through customs so it took a while to get here. I will be selling the cream on eBay at the price that a bought it for if anyone is interested, for uk buyers I can get it to you overnight. 

Last reply
  • Recurring pityriasis rosea

Hello I was interested to read other experiences. I am currently experiencing a recurrance of pityriasis rosea. I had the first occurance about 9 or 10 years ago and my Dr too was not only surprised to see a rare disorder but to see it in someone at my age. I was 27 then. Even more surprised now …

Last reply
  • How I Treated My Pityriasis Rosea In 2 Weeks

I usually do not post on forums but if I can give an advice to help people with this awful rash then I am here for it. To start off I am a 19 year old African American female. Like everyone else I discovered my herald patch on my chest but it was small and not itchy. I believe the key to getting …

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea

I noticed a really dry patch of flaky skin around December of 2017 today is 7/3/18. Being that it wasn't bothering me I applied A&D ointment. The A&D ointment made it go away and come back several times. Months later I discovered the same patch on my back when both the patches became …

Last reply
  • How I treated Pityriasis Rosea in two weeks!!

I first noticed a patch of red skin on my inner forearm. At first I thought it must be a burn from a straightener but after a week i noticed other patches of red dry skin on my lower stomach. I didn't think anything of it for a few days but it soon spread all over my stomach and chest. I lost …

Last reply
  • How I Beat Pityriasis Rosea in 2 Weeks- Tips!

Hi Guys! If you're reading this, you must have been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea. If you're anything like me, you've probably spent the last few days obsessively reading about it on the web. If you're disappointed by what you've seen (the rash lasting for years, being super …

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea - on back. I have a few questions regarding PR

Hello and I'm so glad I found this discussion forum.  It has been very informative.  I also thought I had ringworm, but after much research on the internet I am convinced I have PR.  I have an appointment with a dermatologist in the near future. I have the herald patch on my …

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea - started to clear after 3 weeks

If you are reading this then you probably have PR. I too am suffering from this nasty rash. I first noticed the herald patch on my collar bone and initially thought it looked like ring worm. A few days later the rash had spread to my upper chest and was driving me crazy with the itch which was …

Last reply
  • Please help me:(

Guys please let me know how long the new spots spread during this awful deases ?  I should expect a few new spots every day for 4-6 weeks? I can not order prreze due to my location   The heraled was appeared 1 month before the spots!  

Last reply
  • How I am treating my PR

Like many of you on this discussion, I thought I initially got ringworm but after treating it for weeks with no progression, I finally started looking up other diagnoses that are commonly mistaken for ringworm which led me to self-diagnose myself with PR. I believe I noticed the herald patch …

Last reply
  • I beat Pityriasis Rosea after one year of trying!

I am not a "going to the doctor" person. I thought it was ringworm, and treated with antifungal. It spread. After about 10 months, I went to a dermatologist, she biopsied it, and diagnosed me, Gave me a steroid cream, and said most people only have it for 6 to 8 weeks. It would probably …

Last reply
  • On my scalp?

My doctor diagnosed PR about a week ago.  It is still spreading somewhat but I am managing it.  I have noticed that I am suddenly extremely itchy on my scalp where I've never had any sort of skin issues before. It is very itchy around the hairline and ears and also further in on my …

Last reply
  • How I Quickly Treated Pityriasis Rosea!

I am a 16 year old girl who was diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea just under a week ago, although it first appeared around a week and a half ago. I was absolutely devastated as I'd read online horror stories of it lasting up to a year and I'm in the middle of sitting my GCSEs and have prom …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.