Skip to content
Ad

Pityriasis Rosea

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Is PR rare

My derm and on-line research says PR is “common” and “trivial.  (Trivial?  Good grief.)  Noticed starzstarz said it was rare.   I had never heard of it before 4 weeks ago when contracted.  Derm said it will go away eventually.  My herald patch and spots are starting to fade...

Last reply
  • Cured Pityriasis Rosea in 1 week!

For all the impatient people who hate long posts, here's the summary of what I did: - washed body with head & shoulders twice a day (recommend using clinical strength if your case is severe) - sun bathed entire naked body for about 40 minutes. Let the sun hit ALL the areas where the rash is,...

Last reply
  • PR Returns!

Hi everyone,  I just read about the first 10 comments, but It seems that my past experience of PR was quite severe in comparison. Unless I was diagnosed wrong? .. when I was 17 I developed my first PR and it came with the herald and then spread rapidly over my whole body. I was about 90% covered...

Last reply
  • Its finally going! - signs of healing

I'm so relieved - I can happily say that my PR is finally clearing up. I've had it for about 8 weeks now. About a week before it started to fade I think it 'peaked' it was intensely itchy and very dry and flaky. A week later the itch had all but gone (except when after a shower) The patches...

Last reply
  • My little fight with pityriasis rosea

Here is my little story with this little demon that is pityriasis rosea. I am a hypocondric and I have anxiety, needless to say this was a very difficult disease to go through. It's so hard to understand and it progresses slowly. TL;DR: Tanning seems to work. Go tanning asap and find out if it works...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis

I have had PR for 2 months.  It is actually getting worse.  My entire body is covered including spots on my palms.  It seems to be relentless.  Has anyone gotten worse before better?  I do not sleep and when I get an "itching attack" it is almost unbearable.  

Last reply
  • How do i know my PR is starting to fade?

I've had PR for just over 5 weeks now and have been showering with head and shoulders for around 4 days and had 2 sessions on sunbeds. The rash has gone white and flaky but is still red underneath, also it can sting when i use the head and shoulders and when i apply E45, is this a good thing? does...

Last reply
  • My PR Experience

I rarely post on internet forums, but seeing how horrible this experience can / has been I thought I would chime in and let folks know what has worked for me, along with everything I have learnt and went through. So this started around Dec 15th 2017. Noticed 7-8 small spots on my chest and arms. No...

Last reply
  • Recurring pityriasis rosea

Hello I was interested to read other experiences. I am currently experiencing a recurrance of pityriasis rosea. I had the first occurance about 9 or 10 years ago and my Dr too was not only surprised to see a rare disorder but to see it in someone at my age. I was 27 then. Even more surprised now at...

Last reply
  • Suffering from PT for 6 months, any advice on how to cope?

I’ve been suffering from a what I thought was a minor form of psoriasis my whole life (keep in mind I am only 17) as it is hereditary and my mother also had it. About 6 months ago however it completely blew up and after two different biopsy’s (because my doctors weren’t ‘sure’ the first was right) it...

Last reply
  • My pityriasis rosea is going away after 1 month and a half

Hi like many of you I was desperate to have this skin condition go away after a consultation with my doctor she told me I had Pityriasis Rosea, and that I just had to wait it out and gave me steroid cream for the itch as it was hard to sleep at night. I also had blood work done so I would recommend to...

Last reply
  • PLEASE HELP

So, I'm a 38-year old male who has been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea. I have now had this wretched disease for 6 months. I had a biopsy done in the first month and then had another one done in the fourth month because it kept getting worse. I have also had countless blood tests done that have...

Last reply
  • Can pityriasis roses rash heal within 2 weeks?

Hi, 10 days ago I noticed a reddish papular rash all over my buttocks and part of my lower back that was mildly itchy along with a pink ovoid patch ~4cm on my neck. These could have been appearing for days and I wouldn't have known as I don't examine my backside in that much detail, I just noticed...

Last reply
  • 2 weeks with Pityriasis rosea & what i used amazed even

like many other people i witnessed this horrible rash which is so itchy and at first i thought it was an allergic reaction after going to the doctors he informed me it was Pityriasis rosea, which i had never heard off anyone he gave me some caneston to apply 3 times aday which did help but not alot......

Last reply
  • Need Advice

Hi Everyone, I noticed a Herald patch on my back about two months ago. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed it wasn't going away. I treated it for ringworm but it didn't work. I had no other spots for a few weeks then boom it spread to my chest, stomach, groin and small spots on...

Last reply
  • Tanning and anti dandruff shampoo not working on this pityriasis

Hi! So I've had pityriasis rosea for 7 weeks and I have it quite badly, it's from my neck to my knees and down my arms and it just looks awful. I've been using Selsun shampoo to wash with and ive been doing between 6 and 10 mins on the sunbeds every other day for a week. The spots have got...

Last reply
  • PR on face only?

Hello all, I've had PR once before with strange presentations (on entire body AND soles of feet with oral lesions) and I'm experiencing a bizarre rash on my face that I have been trying to get to the bottom to for the last 4 weeks now. It started with a small, itchy, flaky patch on one cheek...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea Help!

Hi Everyone, after reading a lot of your discussions I am pretty sure I have Pityriasis Rosea. I was treating what I thought was ringworm but Its not going away. And normally ringworm stays the same size and you don't break out in a rash. I have this crazy circular patch on my leg and this horrible...

Last reply
  • Cycle of spots

Hi there, After visiting my dermatologist and getting a biopsy, I'm on my third week of Pityriasis Rosea. It seems the spots take about a week and half to two weeks to heal. By heal, I mean they are no longer raised and fade to a light brown but are still visible, just no longer pink raised bumps....

Last reply
  • How I treated Pityriasis Rosea in two weeks!!

I first noticed a patch of red skin on my inner forearm. At first I thought it must be a burn from a straightener but after a week i noticed other patches of red dry skin on my lower stomach. I didn't think anything of it for a few days but it soon spread all over my stomach and chest. I lost all...

Last reply
  • PR

I just recently had PR. To be honest I still have some spots on me it's been about 4 weeks now and I caught it early. I do want to say that I read reviews online and the medicated head and shoulders works to dry out the rash and also I tried the sun bed theory and it really does work wonders. I did...

Last reply
  • Is it possible to attack the Harold patch

Hello all! I got my first case of P.R about a year and a half ago. It lasted 2 months before drying up and going away. It was severe with no "classic" symptoms. I just now notice on my arm a feared Harold patch. Does anyone have experience with attacking that or doing anything right away to...

Last reply
  • Six months - and counting...?

Hi all, if it's any consolation to those who have managed to get rid of their rash/spots caused by PR let me tell you that you are the VERY LUCKY ONES!  Because I've had PR for around six MONTHS now...the rash, plus ulcerated mouth (with no taste for food - when I can actually eat) ...

Last reply
  • How I Beat Pityriasis Rosea in 2 Weeks- Tips!

Hi Guys! If you're reading this, you must have been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea. If you're anything like me, you've probably spent the last few days obsessively reading about it on the web. If you're disappointed by what you've seen (the rash lasting for years, being super painful,...

Last reply
  • I have pr and im very depressed

Ive had pr for about 2 months and ive been to 4 different doctors. Im using to wearing about of things tht show my skin and instead of the rashes being on my back they are on stomach. Thank god its the winter where i am at but i still feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I dont change around my sister...

Last reply
  • Multiple family members with PR?

About 2-3 months ago, my daughter was diagnosed with PR. Hers is pretty much gone, but I can still see faint marks if I look closely. A couple weeks ago, I noticed a small rash on my shoulder, which has grown and now there are smaller rashes around it. I'm quite confident it's PR. Has anyone...

Last reply
  • PR - advice and possible treatment

I was diagnosed with PR about 3 weeks ago. I had a nasty upper respiratory infection several weeks ago. Following this I noticed a tiny dry, eczema-like patch on my back/shoulder. I thought it was unusual as I have never had eczema or dry skin, however I ignored it initially. Over the next few days some...

Last reply
  • Freaky body dandruff and travelling PR!?!

Hi all, Is anyone else getting freaky dead skin showers, which resemble some kind of body dandruff? It's all over the insides of my clothes when I take them off and today I was sat behind a desk at work most of the day, when I looked down just now there was a ring of dandruffy stuff all over my...

Last reply
  • Pityrias Rosea - please help..?!

i hope someone can help - about 5 days ago I noticed a red patch on my arm that has gradually got much bigger, it's now a large red circle with raised bumps/skin around the edge of the circle with a slightly flat centre, I've also noticed at least 4-5 other red marks, a bit like bites/spots -...

Last reply
  • Don’t worry!!

I got my herald patch about 6 weeks ago. My case has been very aytypical! After shaving my pubic area the rash spread down there first, and crawled up my stomach and down my thighs. It was horrendous!! I went to 5 doctors who gave me 4 different diagnosis... ringworm, thrush, bacterial infection and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.