Skip to content
Ad

Pityriasis Rosea

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Shea Butter For Post-Rash Skin!

Hey guys! Happy to say that my rash is 99% gone, with just some dry patches on my legs now. I'm SO glad that I had PRREZE cream to help get rid of it within a month and a half, but I wanted to share with you another secret weapon that I think REALLY helped my skin once the rash faded but it was...

Last reply
  • New hope, no prescription Prreze

Someone on one of the threads said I should start a thread about this. I had PR for 14 months. Yeah, unusual, but I was misdiagnosed as having a bad fungal infection. Then had a biopsy done, and found out I had PR. 5 months later, I found Prreze. It is an over the counter cream (no prescription) with...

Last reply
  • It's finally GONE!!!!

I'm so happy!!!! After 2months and no creams it's finally gone!  I'm posting just to give you guys a update. I had PR all over my chest, back, thighs, upper arms and mouth area of my face quiet bad normally you don't get it on your face but I did.  I washed in head and shoulders...

Posted
  • Dry Skin Patches too?

Hi all, Ive had PR for months now but just diagnosed a few weeks ago. I've just gotten some new patches that started as very dry skin and then have gotten irritated even more with red dots and patches. They don't look like the other patches that are red rings with unpigmented skin inside. Anyone...

Last reply
  • How I Beat Pityriasis Rosea in 2 Weeks- Tips!

Hi Guys! If you're reading this, you must have been diagnosed with pityriasis rosea. If you're anything like me, you've probably spent the last few days obsessively reading about it on the web. If you're disappointed by what you've seen (the rash lasting for years, being super painful,...

Last reply
  • Cured Pityriasis Rosea in 1 week!

For all the impatient people who hate long posts, here's the summary of what I did: - washed body with head & shoulders twice a day (recommend using clinical strength if your case is severe) - sun bathed entire naked body for about 40 minutes. Let the sun hit ALL the areas where the rash is,...

Last reply
  • Its finally going! - signs of healing

I'm so relieved - I can happily say that my PR is finally clearing up. I've had it for about 8 weeks now. About a week before it started to fade I think it 'peaked' it was intensely itchy and very dry and flaky. A week later the itch had all but gone (except when after a shower) The patches...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea - started to clear after 3 weeks

If you are reading this then you probably have PR. I too am suffering from this nasty rash. I first noticed the herald patch on my collar bone and initially thought it looked like ring worm. A few days later the rash had spread to my upper chest and was driving me crazy with the itch which was burning...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph nodes and rashes

To start, I am a relatively healthy 20 year old female living in Canada. For the past 7 months I have had multiple health complications. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of caring and general knowledge within the Canadian health care system. Starting in January (7 months ago) I began...

Last reply
  • I beat Pityriasis Rosea after one year of trying!

I am not a "going to the doctor" person. I thought it was ringworm, and treated with antifungal. It spread. After about 10 months, I went to a dermatologist, she biopsied it, and diagnosed me, Gave me a steroid cream, and said most people only have it for 6 to 8 weeks. It would probably go...

Last reply
  • PR on Face, Or Something Else?

So, I've had PR on my stomach, chest and now my back/on both inner arms for about 3 weeks now. Yay. It's delightful!  I noticed about two weeks ago that the skin on my jawline and up to my midcheek was very bumpy and I had a line of uneven red bumps kind of like the ones from the PR on...

Last reply
  • PRREZE Cream Results!

Happy news! I ordered some PRREZE cream and used it for 3 days, hoping for a miracle. My rash did respond by getting redder and a little itchier, but nothing vanished overnight. By Day 4 I was feeling discouraged....but on Day 5, wow, what a change! The skin on my chest/stomach was smoother and the...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis rosea pins and needles pain

My daughter (11) was diagnosed about 3 weeks ago after 2 weeks The sores itching all over her body, we initially thought it was ringworm and thus treated it for such. The doctor gave her a steroid cram and you can barely see any of the blisters, in fact we thought it was gone because she had no itching...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed with Pityriasis rosea and feeling very discouraged

Hi, I've just been diagnosed with PR but I've had it for about 2 weeks now. At first I thought the few red/pink spots on my torso and legs were just a few mosquito bites or some other bug bite. I washed my bedding and frequently showered, but no avail. The spots kept on popping up. I itched them...

Last reply
  • PRREZE uk alternative

Hey guys so I have a very awful rash all on my upper chest, back and neck the worst and like 5spots on my face and the rest is not that bad around the rest of my body. My doctor has prescribed steroid creams and they haven't done anything. I read on here that this all natural cream is amazing but...

Last reply
  • My PR came back :(

Hi everyone, so my name is Molly and i'm almost 19 years old. I was diagnosed with PR last year around s January, and it lasted me from the beginning of January to the end of February. I thought that it wasn't that bad, i only had it on my torso area and just a little bit on my upper thighs,...

Last reply
  • My battle with Pityriasis Rosea (week 4...)

I have spent the last four weeks battling what I assume you are battling too ... pityriasis rosea. I had never heard of this condition before, and during the winter months I usually get a flare up of guttate psoriasis. So when I saw the herald patch on my back I thought nothing of it. Just psoraisis...

Last reply
  • How I cleared PR in 3 weeks

After suffering from a severe case of PR, I quickly got it under control from a combination of doctors. My rash went from bad to worse and peeked at week two. Severe itching and covered on my chest, back, shoulders, arms and legs with a few spots on my face. Tanning beds and clinical strength dandruff...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea please help

It started off with the herald patch on my chest quite large, I wasn't worried and thought it was an allergic reaction to something. To be safe I went to the pharmacy who said it was a fungal infection and he gave me cream. After applying this for a week with no difference I went to my doctor who...

Last reply
  • Recurring pityriasis rosea

Hello I was interested to read other experiences. I am currently experiencing a recurrance of pityriasis rosea. I had the first occurance about 9 or 10 years ago and my Dr too was not only surprised to see a rare disorder but to see it in someone at my age. I was 27 then. Even more surprised now at...

Last reply
  • vitamin D works to clear up Rash

Hello my LO is 3 and she has Pytariosis rosea. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not but I have been putting her in the sunlight for about 10 minutes a day and also giving her oranges and fortified organic orange juice and it seems to be clearing up her rash. I think it might have something...

Last reply
  • Back pain

Just dx with PR and back hurts everyday. Anyone else experience this?

Last reply
  • Now I know its NOT ringworm!!

Hello All! This is my story...Around two and a half months ago a red, oval shaped, raised patch appeared on my right forearm. It was approx. 3cm in diameter and there was a similar, slightly smaller second oval patch next to it. I had been giving my kitchen a good spring clean the day before and thought...

Last reply
  • pityriasis rosea cleared up quick!

I had been diagnosed with this shortly after going through a lot of stress in my life. After it started on my neck, it spread to chest and breasts, stomach and back. About a week into it, it spread to my arms and lower back but not as much. It didn't itch until about a week into it. I started a new...

Last reply
  • Rash as well as pain in joints

Hello, I'm writing this on behalf of my daughter who is nearly 17. Around a week ago, just before she started her major exams she started to develop a rash around her hairline which then spread across her body, changing and growing from raised spots to large circles and then a larger joined up rash,...

Last reply
  • Anyone experience bruising during this???

I have Pityosis Rosea and about two weeks into it I have a few small coin sized bruises that don't hurt much that have popped up on my arms and one very hard to see one on my chest. Is this common with this skin rash? I feel great outside of this rash.

Last reply
  • My Pityriasis Rosea Experience - Secondary Breakout on arms

When I first found out I had Pityriasis Rosea I came stright here and got some wonderful advice on how to remedy my rash. I've had Pityriasis Rosea for about 3 weeks now and my original rash and herd patch have almost disapeared. However over the last week I have been feeling very under...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea on Black Skin

I never got the "herald patch". It started as small little red bumps on my lower legs. I paid no attention because they didn't itch or hurt. Weeks later, my whole abdominal area, upper left thigh and lower back was inundated with an itchy red rash that spread to my breast, back, neck and...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis rosea - little bumps under the skin?

Hi everyone, I've had the full blown rash for 2 weeks now. It took about 3 weeks to appear after my herald patch first showed up on my upper chest. It is itchy as hell and is covering my entire chest, stomach, back and tops of my thighs. In all these places the rash is the standard oval patches,...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea treatment that works

I developed Pityriasis Rosea 3 weeks ago. It was all over my chest, neck, stomach and back. It was very unsightly and also caused mild irritation. When the diagnosis was to let it run its course and that it might take 3 months, I decided I needed to try a solution. I used an emollient cream which made...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis rosea and stomach pains?

Hi, does anyone have any experience of abdominal pain caused by PR? MY daughter was just diagnosed today (she is 10) and was in hospital last week due to her severe tummy pain. She has had this for nearly 6 weeks, and has missed school all this time, so very severe, but Wednesday last week suddenly got...

Last reply
  • How I got rid of the rash fast !!!

I am a 20-year-old female mixed black and white light complexion. When I first noticed the herald patch I thought it was a bruise. I didn't pay it much attention until a lot of little rashy patches started to appear. Naturally, I started freaking out! I went online and swore...

Last reply
  • Pityriasis Rosea with exhaustion and nausea for 7 months

I was diagnosed in August with PR.  I was told the standard 6-12 weeks no cure routine.  Its now been 7 months and while the spots have gotten better where they were in August they have now moved and keep moving.  First on my lower back and around my sides, then down my butt and the backs...

Last reply
  • 6 month old recently diagnosed...help a concerned mom

My son recently got diagnoses with this, he's had it for about 3 weeks. He doesn't seemed to be bothered by it so far, not in pain or seems to be itching. I'm at a loss on how to make it go away faster. I'm concerned that it'll never go away. I'm also concerned if this will...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.