How I Got Rid of Pityriasis Rosea!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea about 3 weeks ago by my dermatologist. I noticed the herald patch a month and a half ago but it started off so small like a pimple that I didn't think anything of it until the patch started growing bigger, about 2 inches wide. Then I started getting smaller bumps all over my stomache, chest, lower back, neck, arms and upper thigh. It would only itch after taking a shower other than that I didn't feel any different but the rash was extremely unsightly. After reading forums on people who successfuly treated their condition with tanning I decided to give it a shot. I went to a tanning booth and tanned under level 1 lights for 9 minutes. I have pretty pale skin and ended up burning but the burn turned into a tan in a few days. The day after tanning I noticed my rash turning into a brownish-red and then a few days after that it turned completely brown and started peeling. I continued to go tanning but in the sun, not tanning booth for about an hour a day during morning/noon sun. After 2 weeks, my pityriasis rosea is 99% cleared. My spots started disappearing in the order that it came so I still have minor dry bumps that are barely noticeable on my thigh and upper arms. I wanted to share my story to let folks know that the sun really helped my condition and only took 2 weeks from the time I hit my peak. I also showered in Head and Shoulders shampoo for 1 week in conjunction with tanning. Not sure how much that helped the healing process but it didn't seem to hurt.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Mariah, so happy to hear about your success! Could you tell me which head and shoulders shampoo you used? I've been struggling to get rid of my case for over 2 months now and feel like I have tried everything, it's been terrible. Thanks in advance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.