Pityriasis rosea??

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all! More than a month ago i got a spot on my neck that looked like a herald patch of pityriasis rosea. Later a few spots developed. An NHS nurse saw the photos and decided it was a ringworm and prescribed hydrocortisone. i applied it for a week (as it's a maximum, according to the instructions), and the spots almost disappeared. A few days after I stopped applying the cream, the spots on the neck came back and more appeared. My colleague has been having the same spots on the neck, and a young man I support also has p.rosea-type spots. I went to the surgery hoping I'd have some medical tests done, like skin scraping, but the doctor convinced me it was pityriasis rosea and will go away soon and it occurs once in a lifetime. I've been having p.rosea since 2020 twice a year, by the way, but only on my torso.

I read everywhere on the internet that hydrocortisone does not help with p.rosea, but my spots get almost invisible with the cream! and two other people i had contact with have the same thing on the neck!

I really doubt it's pityriasis rosea on my neck, but NHS wouldn't test me 😦( what should I do?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.