Its finally going! - signs of healing

Posted , 64 users are following.

I'm so relieved - I can happily say that my PR is finally clearing up. I've had it for about 8 weeks now. About a week before it started to fade I think it 'peaked' it was intensely itchy and very dry and flaky. A week later the itch had all but gone (except when after a shower) The patches enlarged and flattened and started to fade from the inside of the patch outwards. During this time my skin was very flaky. Within a week the rash had faded down to a tan colour and once the flaking had gone the tan patches were dry looking but flat. The early patches and herald patch have almost completely faded and the patches I got later on are still there but beginning to go.

Its been a horrid 8 weeks but I'm glad that it seems to be going - I'm just praying that its gone for good and will stay away for my wedding next year.

For those of you in the middle of it and feeling miserable - IT WILL GO AWAY! I really felt that i would have it forever but I'm almost normal again now and I'm so relieved! There is hope - hang in there eveyone!

9 likes, 101 replies

101 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I also have just started to get clear skin back! I have had PR for approx 4 weeks now, at the worst i thought my skin would stay that way forever! But thankfully I have just started to get better, the spots around my neck were so bad i had to wear a rollneck, but now it has gone!

Good luck to everyone, it will go!!

X

• Posted

[quote:cbf64b57db=\"tashavivvy \"]Hi, I also have just started to get clear skin back! I have had PR for approx 4 weeks now, at the worst i thought my skin would stay that way forever! But thankfully I have just started to get better, the spots around my neck were so bad i had to wear a rollneck, but now it has gone!

Good luck to everyone, it will go!!

X[/quote:cbf64b57db]Its great to read that PR does finally go i'm into my 4th week with it and its driving me mad its very itchy and still spreading, thankfully though not on my face. I thought i would have it forever but knowing it reallly does clear up makes me feel so much better and knowing i'm not alone helps as well. Hopefully mine will start to go soon as i am not allowed to go to work with it.

Thanks

Heres to not getting it again.

• Posted

I found it was at its worse at about week 5-6 - it got really painfully itchy and very red and dry. Now its really fading at week 9 - the only think it is has left my skin very dry and tight feeling. My skin feels a bit like crepe paper so I've bought a load of body scrubs. I can't seem to find a decent moisturiser to do the trick though.
  • Posted

Try Oilatum its a great moisteriser for dry skin! my skin felt like sandpaper

good luck

• Posted

The best moisturizer going is Palmers Cocoa Butter!! You can get it anywhere - costs around £2.
    • Posted

Thanks for the tip on moisturizing!  I actually have some Palmers Cocoa Butter Sensitive (fragrance free & Determtologist tested).  I havent been using it but instead I have been moistirizing with Vaseline.  I defintely did no want to use anything that may irritate the rash. I'm so thankful for your post.  Take care and best of luck!   
    • Posted

Did it work I really need help I'm suffering from this what can I use for them to go away

• Posted

Brilliant news. .....very very happy for you. I'm weeks in :-(

• Edited

Hi there. I'm really glad to know that someon had PR and got rid of it.I'm new at it ,i think i'm in the first week becouse the rash starting to spread on my chest and little bit on my arms ,and it is scary,but knowing that it will go away eventually is a great relief. Please i want to ask you ,is the patches go and will not leave marks on the skin?or it will always be there on the skin as a just faded color?please please reply to me.I went today to the doctor and he told me not to worry and he asked for a blood test.,but i want to know from your experience if the ugly patches will

not leave marks on the skin.Thanks😄

• Posted

hey my PR came on about 4 weeks ago with patch at first, prior to this i had a sinus infection and feeling low suffering from anxiety, mine has been all over and itching like you would not believe, after a trip to the doctors to confirm what it was they give you cream and antihistamines (they dont work) i used pure coconut oil when i felt itchy, aveeno is good as well, loose clothing, dont overheat or use perfume or make up on it. mine went onto upper torso first then arms and legs and face. i also started to bruise everywhere, it doesnt say anywhere about bruising with this so i started to worry after blood tests and another trip to the doctors, the results came back normal and the bruises are from the excessive itching. i also used the sunbeds at the tanning shop first for 4 minutes then 5 using the caribbean setting it really helped it does make it tingly and itchy after but helps, mine is still itchy but creaming does help

• Posted

did you find tanning beds helped it go away? im in week 7 and am thinking about using them.

• Posted

So I have the rash too. It's been about 10 days and I'm in the stage where the patches are flakey and I cannot stop itching ... Do you know if itching it will make it last longer ? Also, I've been putting hydro cortizone on it after showers and taking allergy medication but both don't seem to be affecting my condition at all.. It seemed like it was going away today but then I noticed it on my calves, which it wasn't there before it was just on my upper body and thighs .. What should I do ??? Please help

• Posted

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that this does go away ! I'm not sure how far along I am with mine but it's covering my neck, chest, abdomen and back with a few patches on my chin, legs and arms !! The herald patch stated October 27ish and the others just came at diff times !

• Posted

My rash has been flaky the whole time , so I'm hoping its goes away faster ?

• Posted

Anyone had experience with a fresh outbreak when you thought it was going away ??

I had the herald patch about a month ago on my neck – a week later my body was covered. Chest, neck, sides, groin area and tops of legs and arms. Was house bound for a week as unable to wear clothing and I got very down with it all knowing it could last months.

After a week it started to fade rapidly and the redness disappeared, my skin started to peel and I was really pleased. Yesterday morning (five days after all redness had faded) however I noticed some of the patches looking a little redder (it could be some of the old patches inflamed again or could even be new ones). They’re a little worse today and I have a few more. I’m now dreading a fresh outbreak to follow in a few days – I don’t think worrying about it is helping !

Is this common with the condition does anyone know ? I’m doing all the right things to help it go

• Posted

hi, i came across your post. i think i'm going through the same experience. just as i think it's starting to fade, i'm afraid i'm having a fresh outbreak. it's become red and itchy. i'm wondering what happened with yours after a supposedly "fresh breakout". i'm starting to have anxiety and it would really help to hear from someone who went through the same experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.