Pityriasis Rosea -2.5 weeks. Thanks to this forum it’s clearing

Posted , 1 user is following.

what a journey .

had what looked like a large ingrown hair or insect bite on my upper thigh thought nothing of it as have had folliculitis before. by day three it had spread all over one thigh and then by day five the other with new spots and it was really bad all down my leg. really unusual rash as well. itched a bit but not like fungal rashes i had had etc.

I phoned my employee asssist GP who gave me Daktakort after i sent pictures-did nothing. rash spread down my legs and some appeared on my wrists and near my armpit. by now my legs were 80% covered and i was panicking .

went to a 111 referral and they were useless gave me Flucloxcillin .

finally saw my gp the next day who gave me dandrazol shampoo but was not sure , suspected a fungal infection. she said the fluclocillin could have made it worse????

after multiple google rabbit holes where i self diagnosed myself with :- scarlet fever , scabies, syphilis and beyond. i realised the cause was pitysiaris rosea.

this forum THANK YOU.

this was my regime and after 20 days my legs seem normal if a bit off colour

-head and shoulders shampoo left on for ten minutes then shower once a day

-vitamin c, e, zinc, milk thistle

-3000 mg of lysine on an emoty stomach

-sunbed evert other day as much as you can tolerate this made such a difference and i will never criticise sunbeds again. i did accidentally burn my bum but needs must haha

• I did have an added tool in that i am HIV positive and i have a stock of aciclovir and i used that 400mg five times a day and there may be some evidence this stops new breakouts. you could demand your gp gives you it or you can get in europe .
  • i used 40% calamine/zinc lotion but moatly avoided moisturising as the rash drying out seems the most effective.

This is a tough stubborn rash, my legs looked absolutely awful with barely any skin visible. but it did go down . you will get through it.

the doctors know nothing . this forum is THE ONE.

i appreciate you all so much. anyone struggling please do ask me for anything

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.