Pityriasis rosea

Posted , 1 user is following.

I d really appreciate any advice on this condition I think I may have. I broke my ankle on 14th Dec and approx a couple of weeks later my lower calf was becoming very itchy, red and swollen. At first I thought it was due to the fracture but when it got worse went to A and E where it was thought it may be a DVT and/or cellulitis. A DVT was ruled out after two Doppler scans so I was given antibiotics for cellulitis, initially Flucloxicillin for 3 weeks which had no effect and then Clarithromycin. Two days after completing the course of Clarithromycin I began to develop itchy hives on both my legs which have subsequently spread to my arms and abdomen. Another weekend visit to A and E two days after taking last antibiotic and I was told it was an antibiotic rash which was separate to original rash at site of fracture which they now did not think was cellulitis as I had no infection markers in blood tests and hadnt responded to antibiotics, but admitted they didn t know what it was. A further visit to GP last week proved fruitless despite the fact rash was now spreading rapidly and joining up and I was becoming more and more tired through sleepless nights spent itching which my antihistamines and Betnovate ointment have not alleviated. Where do I go from here? This is really impacting on my well being. I ve tried to attach photos but I just keep getting message saying file too big.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.