How to improve pityriasis rosea quickly!

Posted , 3 users are following.

As this is now my second year in a row having pityriasis rosea i wanted to share with you what Ive learned and what has helped.

1. Talk to your doctor about Valtrex (the shingles medicine) I started 4 days ago and the rash has stopped spreading and the redness is going away.
  2. Buy Sarna. Its an anti itch cream that cools. Its amazing!
  3. Take oatmeal baths. Ive been using the Aveeno bath which has helped sooth my skin.
  4. If you have any swelling, talk to your doctor about steroids. I had fluid build up by the rash which was not only gross but very scary as it was near my throat.
  5. If you feel like you need extra help with the itching, ask your doctor about Mometasone Furoate ointment.

I have no medical background experience but with this being the second year of this i wanted to share what has worked for me. I really hope this helps someone. Stay well, stay healthy!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.