Pityriasis Rosea

Posted , 1 user is following.

I just want to share my experience in the hope that it may help others dealing with this crazy rash.

My first rash of PR happened several years. it started typical but wouldn't stop. It spread to my arms, legs, neck, face and went into my scalp. I couldn't sleep due to the itching and my dermatologist had no recommendation other than to wait it out and use a steroid cream. But I was too miserable to just let it continue.

Thanks to the advise of a friend who managed a supplement store I stopped the rash dead in it's tracks. The itching gone in 24 hours. I started taking twice a day a supplement made by Wisdom of the Ages. It's their Advantage Liquid Concentrate. It contains grapefruit seed extract and must be diluted in juice to be palatable but worked amazingly fast. I'm actually dealing with another outbreak right now and have learned stress is a huge contributor to PR. It seems that the extract is working a bit slower to clear it up so I've started back on my multivitamins and vitamin c powder. I had a stubborn outbreak once before and found the combo to work well at clearing it up. Hopefully this little bit of info will help someone because I've searched all over the internet and never found anything to help from the inside out. If this is a viral flare up then the body needs help and strengthening the immune system, rest, good diet and some nasty tasting powerful drops might just kick PR to the curb!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.