Please help- is this Pitryasis Rosea?

Posted , 2 users are following.

imageimageimageimage

Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this forum and I hope those who have had ptryasis rosea can help me. I got a spot on my rib cage on July 15th that looked like a bug bite. it continued to grow, and since then more and more spots have appeared. They start as a small red spot and grow outward. Most are on my stomach and back, but some are on my legs and upper arms and now near my genitals. 😦

I used lotrimin ultra for two weeks to treat ringworm. i saw no results so i saw a doctor on 8/2. The dr visually diagnosed this as ringworm and prescribed me two weeks of oral antifungal. some spots are drying up and getting lighter (lighter than my natural skin tone on my legs). However i have gotten about 8 more small spots since starting treatment. I have continued to use lotrimin and antifungal body wash. I also wash towels and clothes in hot water.

I am doubting it is ringworm as it continues to worsen with aggressive treatment. My referral to a derm is taking a long time and i am almost out of pills and my second tube of lotrimin. Please help, does this seem like PR?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

it does look and has similar starting characteristics as PR i would not doubt it is but check with a doctor to make sure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.