1 year post recovery update

Posted , 12 users are following.

If anyone is interested in my story in more details, you should check out my earlier post. Long story short, I got very sick in March 2017, and couldn't recover until at least July/August 2018. I had sore throat for around 9-10 months, extreme fatigue for 6-7 months, my gallbladder became deformed because of enlarged spline because of enlarged liver, and that brought extreme pain for around 12 months as well, my lymph nodes hurt like hell. But slowly every symptom went away(swollen lymph nodes were the last to go, it hurt like hell right until the August 2018), and now I'm back to normal life. I got back into university, and this whole year I've been finishing my last year of bachelors degree and working remotely at the same time(I'm a computer science major), I make good money and I have a girlfriend now. This experience made me a completely different person, I can't describe all the horror I went through in that year, my family refused to believe that I was sick, because doctors told them that it was nothing serious, all my friends abandoned me as well, I was basically lying alone in my room for a year, in extreme pain, not knowing if I will ever recover. This forum was my only source of hope and comfort pretty much. But for all those who are suffering right now, I want to assure you that you WILL get better. It might take 1 or 2 years, but you will be fine.

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Im glad youre recovered. Did you rest or worked through it?

• Posted

I hope you're doing okay Lob - it's good to see a post from you. I've had a rough few weeks with some more pain praying for God's help and healing for us all on the forum here.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.