Skip to content

Infectious Mononucleosis

Also known as Glandular Fever

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Can't stop crying...feel like a burden and affecting my family

Does anyone feel numb as if a wet blanket over your brain? Or is this what depression feels like? I have never felt like this before in my life until reactivated EBV...it's spring..wanna clean, walk my dog, play with grandbabies, cook out on grill for my family, help my aging parents, get my hair...

Last reply
  • Lymph nodes

Hi, Sorry, me again!  So, I’m now in month 7 of GF but I’ve noticed I’ve got a lot more swollen lymph nodes in my neck then previously? Has anyone else had this? It’s starting to worry me how many lumps and bumps I can feel into my neck going into my collar bone area!  Thanks Kelly

Last reply
  • Lack of Sleep

Who is suffering here from lack of sleep? I sleep 9-9 hours a day. But it's no a quality of sleep. I see dreams and I'm kind of half asleep half awake. It's called REM sleep I think. I've never had issues with falling asleep and staying asleep during the night. The lack of sleep ruins...

Last reply
  • Update

Hi how is everyone?? Hope everyone is on the road to recovery even if it is slow! Im still not 100% struggling with sore throat and neck on and off different parts of my mouth/throat that keep feeling sore strange really? Hoping not much longer of this! 

Last reply
  • Old infection but same throat issues?

I’m really hoping that someone can help me out and help find a solution to this awful reoccurring problem. In april, 2017 i was diagnosed with mono (I am a 20 year old female).   i had lumps on my tonsils that we so severe they would turn purple and ooze puss and bleed.  i was always aware...

Last reply
  • Adult Cytomegalovirus/CMV Mono?

Anyone here have CMV Mono as an adult? Was diagnosed and trying to figure this all out. If you have a current CMV or have had CMV as an adult, can you tell me  your experience please? Than you. 

Last reply
  • Worried

Anybody else had very very hard time thinking and processing stuff and hard time talking? Im scared this caused brain damage or there is something else going on. I dont know what to do i can not think at all its hard to talk to other people I am very very forgetful I dont know what im doing held the...

Last reply
  • Question

Did anybody get very bad headaches a the back of the head like very bad pain in the back of the head its so intense makes me want to cry! Im 2 and a half months in i used to have these headaches everyday nonstop but they went away for a week but when they went away I have a very very hard time thinking...

Last reply
  • looking for answers

hi guys! i have been on this forum since late last year, struggling with the diagnosis of mono. on november seventh of last year was when i fell really ill. a positive blood test for mono came back an elevated white blood count as well as liver enzymes. i continue to have all of my weird symptoms today...

Last reply
  • 6 month update and thoughts.

Hey folks, A little backstory - mild symptoms started around mid-September into late October (which makes sense since apparently the incubation period of EBV is 6 weeks), but I started having defining symptoms that made me feel like death on November 5th, so I use that date as my anniversary. ...

Last reply
  • Reoccurrence ?

Hi guys. I hope someone out there might be in a similar situation to me .. So in early 2015 I had a bad case of mono. It really defected my liver at the time. I stayed in bed for just once a month to recover. The  fatigue (falling asleep all the time) lasted a month or so after all install symptoms...

Last reply
  • Really struggling to breathe

I’ve previously made a post about my GF, I’m one month in only diagnosed Friday so right at the very beginning of the journey. Since being diagnosed my tonsils have got even bigger to the point they’re shutting my throat and I’m really struggling to not only eat and drink but BREATHE!  Is there...

Last reply
  • Seriously?!

Just tried to walk 100 yards with my grandchildren..Could hardly make it back! My legs became so weak, my left foot feels swollen and numb and my back began aching so bad..thought I may pass out or have to sit down on side of road! Like I walking through quick sand! My eyes feel strange in the sun and...

Last reply
  • Glandular fever at 19, very worried!

Hello everyone, Just this morning I have been diagnosed with GF. I’ve got a raging temperature, kidney pain, headache, nausea, swollen eyes, sore throat and glands - almost everything feels like it hurts. Unusually though from what I’ve read I have little to no fatigue, possibly that comes at a later...

Last reply
  • Acne/ spots?

Hey guys, So I’ve been suffering from really bad spots and they just seem to be getting worse. People just tell me it’s from being run down from the GF which is probably true but have other people had this?  Honestly it’s so bad at the moment they keep coming and the others just don’t go it’s...

Last reply
  • My hair is falling out

I’m about 5 months in and in the last week or so I’ve noticed that my hair is receding and thinning at a noticeable rate. Has anyone else experienced this or know of anyone that has? Will it come back? It’s stressing me out 

Last reply
  • Ongoing Mystery Symptoms - Looking for Thoughts From Others.

Hi everyone! I am a 23 year old female who began experiencing some challenging symptoms in August of 2017, and after looking through many of the posts on this site in an attempt to put some of the pieces together, I figured it could not hurt to go ahead and write my own post to see if any of you all...

Last reply
  • How do you finally get over the last hurdle

Hello everyone progress touch wood has been relatively okay. Almost at the 10 month mark now in around 10 days time, I can see improvements but it is really slow. Today I went for a walk not far but in doing so I felt absolutely knackered. Like i'd just done a triathlon, Im guessing im not 100% back...

Last reply
  • EBV, Lyme, Mold, etc.

Hello Everyone, I am 17 and have been very sick since May '17. Although I have experienced almost every symptom I have read about in this forum, my lingering and most troubling symptoms are brain fog, visual disturbances such as fog, floaters, weird depth perception and feeling very out of it, chronic...

Last reply
  • Morning struggle!

Hi, haven’t been on here for a little while.  I’m currently entering month 7 of GF. Wondered if anyone else is/has experiencing the same... Every morning when I wake up it literally feels as if I’ve been hit by a bus, my body aches SO much. Once up and dressed it eases off a little...  although,...

Last reply
  • question

anyone have an imbalance feeling? like almost as if something is wrong with your spine? not sure if it’s dizziness or what. feels like i can’t sit straight without being wobbly...

Last reply
  • So what my EBV test results mean?

I got my EBV test results which show a past infection. But the 90% of the population has it. It means nothing. How did you get a diagnosis ? I had a mono test when my syntpoms started and it was negative. I’m so dissapointed.

Last reply
  • Itchiness

Hi,  Another question for anyone did anyone start itching where they had swollen lymph nodes ive recently started to do this and im freaking out abit espesh the swollen node on the left side of my neck? 🙁 

Last reply
  • What Were Your Early Signs?

I'm not 100% sure it's Mono yet (need to visit a doc/trouble getting an appointment) but I'm curious to know what you all had as the earliest signs of Mono/GF? I seem to have all the tell-tale signs of the virus, and I've had something similar in the past where I thought I was dying....

Last reply
  • Experiencing severe joint/muscle aches for 3 months

Around three months ago I started to notice some dull and sometimes sharp aching in my body mainly in the joints in my fingers and feet and a little less commonly in my elbows and knees and wrist/ankle I thought nothing of it and thought I was just getting sick and it would probably pass after a couple...

Last reply
  • Scared need help/ support

I am 17 and a female. I have been dealing with mono for 2 months and a week I have been having a disconnected feeling from the world like someone else is running my body like I don't know what I'm doing but I do i have been having trouble breathing and i feel like its affecting my speech I feel...

Last reply
  • Glandular fever is getting me down

I've had glandular fever for over a year now. Don't get me wrong I feel a lot better to what I did 8 months ago. But I still feel exhausted and wake up with terrible aches and pains all through my legs. I am struggling with work at the minute and I'm having to take time off. I feel like resting...

Last reply
  • Struggling to get over glandular fever after 8 months:(

I was diagnosed with GF in august 17 and only gave myself 3 weeks to recover before college started (stupid idea) relapsed at the end of october and i was more ill than before! I had tonsilitis 3 times in 5 months and suffered mostly with fatigue, nausea and terrible headaches. I was basically in bed...

Last reply
  • 4 Months and i have Fatigue / Swollen lymph nodes

Hi Everyone, I had a swollen Lymph node near to my ear In June 2017 and i got an ultrasound done .I didn't have high fever so i didn't take it seriously.I started Antibiotics in July for the whole month but still i had Lymph nodes and extreme Fatigue. My monospot test came negative but my EBV...

Last reply
  • Scared need help/support

Im 17 and female. I have been dealing with mono for 2 months and a week. I have a disconnected feeling from the world I feel like I'm not me like someone else is running my body its affecting my speech I get very nervous when there is a lot of people talking around me. I can not remember nothing...

Last reply
  • Question

I have seen some posts that bring up cmv and I am unsure on information about that. My mono blood test came back very high about two and a half months ago but I am still doing back w all of my symptoms. -headache -lightheaded -blurry vision due to dry eyes -racing/irregular heart rate (tachycardia) -shortness...

Last reply
  • What a rough few weeks...

Hi all, Hope you’re having a good week and that we are all seeing small improvements in our health.  What a rough few weeks. The emotional toll of feeling better than worse again really got a hold of me. I was a crying and panicking mess.  Question: did anyone have any kidney or liver involvement?...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.