Skip to content
Ad

Infectious Mononucleosis

Also known as Glandular Fever

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Mono need help

Hi so In June I woke up one morning feeling very weak. I thought I needed to eat something but when I ate breakfast I still felt weird. I ended up having my first panic attack. My entire summer was filled with ER visits for weakness, low energy, fatigue, dizziness, off balance feeling, and generally...

Last reply
  • Not yet diagnosed properly

Hi, I'm here because I have suspected glandular fever. Last Monday night I more or less collapsed into bed freezing, I had to sleep in my clothes and slippers and couldn't move at all, I've never felt exhaustion like it. I thought I was just over tired. The next morning couldnt move from...

Last reply
  • I'm just wondering... Glandular Fever Symptoms

I am (usually) a fit 29 yr old woman who is very active. I have been suffering from GF since April and only had blood tests done about a week ago as I broke down to my Dr and said I was sick of being sick as its now July. I had a Full Blood Count, EBV and STD & I got my results back. Everything...

Last reply
  • Experiencing severe joint/muscle aches for 3 months

Around three months ago I started to notice some dull and sometimes sharp aching in my body mainly in the joints in my fingers and feet and a little less commonly in my elbows and knees and wrist/ankle I thought nothing of it and thought I was just getting sick and it would probably pass after a couple...

Last reply
  • Is this even related

Sat here literally crying my eyes out. I'm so so anxious. Symptoms started 8  weeks ago found out had glandular fever, lymph glands up in neck no other symptoms, tired alllll the same then had  a 2 days period then 5 days later blood clots out my bottom. Had colonoscopy all clear except...

Last reply
  • Glandular fever in the over 45's advice please

Hello all and thought I'd take the plunge and join the forum. I have been diagnosed with GF earlier this month following a series of blood tests following acute tonsillitis back in the beginning of October. I am relatively healthy and was running twice a week until this happened. I am reassured...

Last reply
  • Worried about lymphoma paul bunnell test said mono

I'm a 19 year old male. It all started mid September I got puffy eyes and started to feel ill. I had a soar throat no white bits and no swollen neck glands. The doctor said she thinks it is glandular fever and a positive paul bunnell test confirmed this but also I had slightly raised B lymphocytes...

Last reply
  • Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever) a second time

Hi all, I'm a 31 y/o male who had Glandular Fever 4 years ago. Two months ago I had normal cold symptoms, then 4 weeks ago I had a terrible sore throat, looked in the mirror and noticed my left tonsil was large. Went to the doctor and they said it was either tonsillitis or glandular fever, so I...

Last reply
  • find out if your case is CHRONIC

"Chronic infectious mononucleosis is rare and occurs in those with immunologic abnormalities. Such patients present with 1) fever 2 ) lymphadenopathy 3) persistently elevated serum transaminases 4) pancytopenia. Eye or neurologic abnormalities may also be present". (Source: emedicine.com...

Last reply
  • weird NOSE dicomfort

At the beginning of the disease a bridge of my nose was in sharp pain. It didn't last long though. Now I have this weird feeling as if I want to sneeze. Mucus is mixed with blood too. Anyone else experienced that?  

Posted
  • Sixth month of mono with weird symptoms

Hi. 20th of December last year kissed a guy. On the 20th of January a tiny rash appeared on upper lip. Lips also felt on fire and itched.  From April 19th until around August 19th I've had a constant low grade fever with throbbing headache. That's gone but what I still have is: Head pressure;...

Last reply
  • Inflammation in bloods?

Hi Just been to the dr's been having lots of stomach pain with glanular fever. Been told my inflammation is higher than it should be. Liver and kidney all normal, is this likely to be related to glanular fever? Xx

Last reply
  • Strange symptoms help!

Hi Had glandular fever for 7 weeks now. It's absolutely awful started to have the below symptoms are they normal? Has anyone experienced the same or any additional? Stiff neck Chills Extreme tiredness Pain in the upper left stomach where gallbladder would be (had mine removed) Tingling in the arms ...

Last reply
  • NECK pain glandular fever

6 weeks in with glandular fever. Is this neck pain normal. Glands are now back down to normal. My neck pain has started up again tonight? Has anyone else got this symptom. It's making me really really anxious thinking is abnormal??? Xxx

Last reply
  • CMV

Anyone else?? I'm feeling pretty fed up and everything I read tells me I'm not meant to be feeling as unwell as I do.....

Last reply
  • My glandular fever story - 'severe throat pain and tonsillitis'

I've spent so much time googling Glandular Fever (GF) recently I thought it might help to add my story! First of all I’m 25, female and have suffered from throat infections / tonsillitis in the past so am no stranger to muddling through the salt water / aspirin gargling / manuka honey and lemon /...

Last reply
  • Long term consequences of Glandular Fever

I'm a twenty three year old woman. I have been sick with Glandular Fever for almost four months. All symptoms still present with no improvement, sore throat, swollen glands, fatigue and muscle pain. I got a diagnosis quickly as my best friend had Glandular Fever so I knew to ask for the blood test....

Last reply
  • Living with Recurring Glandular Fever Many people who c...

Living with Recurring Glandular Fever Many people who catch glandular fever (Epstein-Barr virus) recover completely, but for a significant minority, like me, the virus hides from the immune system. I believe that this ability was discovered in the late 1960s. I heard of it in a BBC science programme...

Last reply
  • Making the most out of the mono experience

I'm 29 years old and was recently diagnosed with mononucleosis after I got tonsillitis and a fever while traveling. My skin became covered in a rash, muscles became sore, lymph nodes swollen, and I have somewhat of a loss of appetite. I’m still recovering, and don’t have the same amount of energy...

Last reply
  • GLANDULAR EVIL FEVER

Recently found out I have GF, 5 weeks ago started with swollen glands now I have: Stiff neck Bad back Itchy armpits Itchy scalp Nausea Headaches Pins and needles  TIREDNESS Anxiety  Sore shoulders  Dry cracked nipple (just 1 not sure if related)  How long does it take for this dreadful...

Last reply
  • I Just Want to go Back to Life...

Hi everyone.  I've been following your posts for a month. I've found a lot of relief with posts from Craig, 40, Sarah, Mono and others. Craig especially has relieved so much of my anxiety.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to post or not. I wasn't sure if you all were actual people...

Last reply
  • Mono (glandular fever), guilt, and desperation

I've had GF for nearly ten weeks and I've been off work the whole time. The past few days I've been unable to eat or bathe or even stand long enough to brush my teeth. My friends and colleagues are starting to question all the time off, saying helpful things like "I had mono for two...

Last reply
  • Mid diagnosis for glandular fever

Hey guys.  I'm a very active 20 year old and about 2 weeks ago woke up feeling very weak,also had a very sore neck and horrible headaches,just put it down to thrown back/neck out from sport.But the headaches continued for about a week. I was also very tired and found that I needed a nap in...

Last reply
  • nearly 4 months post glandular fever- still feeling ill!

Hi all, i was diagnosed with glandular fever back in April this year after a short stay in hospital, on top of this i was also diagnosed with asthma and i have also been a type 1 diabetic for 9 years. After 6 weeks off i went back to work as myself and my partner moved into our first rented house in...

Last reply
  • Glandular fever - extra symptoms

i havent read all the posts on here but i cant help but notice with the handfull i did read that most havent listed some of the symptoms i suffered from in my battles with the infection. I wasnt diagnosed until 2 months after suffering from 'repeated tonsilitus', mostly through my own fault for...

Last reply
  • Do I have mono?

I've been having some classic symptoms of mono recently. I went to the doctor and got tested and a EBV panel was done. The EBV lgg, EBV VCA lgg, and EBV Capsid lgm all came back positive. I haven't heard back from the doctor directly yet but am assuming this means I have mono? Or at least have...

Last reply
  • Feeling stressed

I've had this for about 3 weeks after returning from an overseas holiday, thought I'd picked up a bug. Turns out gf which I had when I was a kid so didn't know I could get again from a different virus! Work has been scattered and I'm struggling with low energy levels. Guilt ridden relying...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.