Skip to content
Ad

Infectious Mononucleosis

Also known as Glandular Fever

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Not yet diagnosed properly

Hi, I'm here because I have suspected glandular fever. Last Monday night I more or less collapsed into bed freezing, I had to sleep in my clothes and slippers and couldn't move at all, I've never felt exhaustion like it. I thought I was just over tired. The next morning couldnt move from...

Last reply
  • THYROID

Hello good people as you now ive got this awful virus. The Dr the last couple of times I have had blood tests has said my thyroid gland is on the under active side and to see him in 5-6 weeks for repeat tests. Now he said if it still remains the same I will be put on a thyroid medication for life. Im...

Last reply
  • Symptoms post EBV/Mono

I had EBV/Mono back in July no sore throat just fatigue headache night sweats fever chills and off the chart liver levels. Was starting to recover about a month later and developed a dry hacking cough couldn't sleep couldn't catch my breath. Was told Bronchcitus! Sp. 4 months later still have...

Last reply
  • Epstein - Barr virus exposure?

Someone I know but don't have anything to do with has come down with glandular fever. Anyway, I mentioned it in front of my boyfriends mother. She then proceeded to say that she's had glandular fever four times (she has a weakened immune system from a childhood illness). The last time she had...

Last reply
  • Tell me your symptoms ALL 💖

What are your symptoms in full? When did it start? How long did it last? Are you still suffering Would love to hear from you all and compare? 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Last reply
  • Swollen gland after 2 months.

Hi guys... I had mono 2 months ago. I've recovered almost completely, but I still have a problem. I have a swollen gland under the left side of my jaw. It feels rubbery and it's movable, it used to be tender 2 weeks ago but now it's painless. Maybe it's bigger than 1 cm (but not bigger...

Last reply
  • Strange symptoms scared of lymphoma - really anxious

So found out I had glandular fever July 17, thought it was clearing up lately. Had horrid neck pains for months, last few weeks not half as bad, sickness  and dizziness still most days and tiredness. Went out drinking Saturday night for my best friends 30th. Work up Sunday morning with the most...

Last reply
  • Is this a normal course of mono?

Hey everyone, My name's Jesse. I'm a 30 year old guy from Los Angeles and I've been reading many of your stories. I thought I'd share mine and get your feedback. I own a business, work hard, and am generally in good health. In November I did two intense trade shows where I was on my...

Last reply
  • Some tips to make you feel normal while having this.

I posted a few days ago regarding the epstein barr / glandular fever. Im almost into my 5 month  anniversary. Celebration will be required LOL. My symptoms when I first got it was tiredness and basically feeling like the human equivalent of a turd. However not knowing what it was I thought it was...

Last reply
  • Hello I think ive had this.

So here's my story June 23rd 2017 I wake up feeling awful. Like flu type symptoms but no coughing or sneezing. I get a lift into work and people say I look awful I continued for the rest of the day. When I got home I just jumped in bed straight away nothing to eat just went sleep. This was the trend...

Last reply
  • Neck and head pain!!

It’s been awhile since I’ve been on but recently my neck pain on the back of my neck feels like it’s moving up the back of my head!! Just wondering if anyone has experienced any of this!! A lot of my symptoms have cleared such as pain in my armpits are pretty much gone and I had major eye pain just in...

Last reply
  • Sore throat for three weeks?! Mono

Hi!  I think I'm a bit unusual as I'm 41 and was just diagnosed w mono. I believe my 6 year old has or first and have it to me.  Anyway, it started out typically with flu like symptoms; chills, dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite, 3 weeks ago. Very slowly my one tonsil started getting...

Last reply
  • Odd Mono Symptoms

Hi everyone! this is my first post ever on this site, i have been worrying like crazy over the symptoms I’ve been feeling. This may be lengthy, but any info or reassurance will be helpful to a hypochondriac like me.. The end of July 2017 I started experiencing shooting bone pains all over and abdominal...

Last reply
  • Low temperatures and lymph nodes

Hi everyone, I am suffering from EBV and its been 5 months.Currently i have swollen nodes in my neck and jaw area / Fatigue/ Also there is a feeling of low temperature but when i check it using thermometer it gives no temperature..Also when i meet people and they shake my hand they tell me i am a bit...

Last reply
  • Could my spleen be ruptured?

I've been suffering from mono for about six weeks now. Symptoms came and passed every week or so.  I have been doing some heavy lifting last week. On Friday morning, I noticed my stools were black (Sorry, TMI), along with pain in my upper left abdomen. I have also been feeling somewhat confused,...

Last reply
  • Glandular fever/Mono?

I'm just wandering if it's possible to have glandular fever without having a sore throat? I have been unwell for about 2 months now, it started out as headaches and the feeling that I was getting a cold but after a few days the cold never came out and then I just felt a kind of dizziness ever...

Last reply
  • Mono need help

Hi so In June I woke up one morning feeling very weak. I thought I needed to eat something but when I ate breakfast I still felt weird. I ended up having my first panic attack. My entire summer was filled with ER visits for weakness, low energy, fatigue, dizziness, off balance feeling, and generally...

Last reply
  • Week 14! Thought it had gone!

So for the last week or so I've felt so sick, constant headaches, neck aches again, dizziness! I'm absolutely sick of this! Swollen glands back up again, up down up down! When will this end!! 

Last reply
  • Glandular Fever

I'm 18 years old and female. I've had Glandular fever since October 2015- my tonsils have been enlarged this entire time, by enlarged I mean that when I put my finger in my throat both tonsils press against it. I went to the doctors a few times last year but they kept telling me to come back...

Last reply
  • Is this normal? Sore neck still 9 weeks sore jaw!!

Had this awful virus for 9 weeks now, on of neck pain, it gets worse then goes for a few days then comes back, I've noticed my jaw the same side really hurts especially when you touch it. Really bad stiff neck, achy shoulders and back. I now have a spot visible under my chin  when u touch it...

Last reply
  • Struggling Emotionally

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well on your recovery.  For those if you who who don't know me, I am a twenty three year old woman. I became ill with GF on Christmas Day 2016, and was diagnosed with Glandular Fever in January 2017. So I am in my tenth month of the illness. Originally,...

Last reply
  • When people don't understand Mono?

Hi, This is mainly just a rant topic.  Since having this virus, and opening up about it to a few people, only two fully understand what mono is and how it works.  I've had some friends think that mono can heal itself within a week or two.  I've had people thinking that they...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.