Skip to content

Infectious Mononucleosis

Also known as Glandular Fever

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Jelley93 Jelley93

MONTH 8

Hi everyone just an update, feel fairly OK however last few days Ive started to feel a bit dizzy again. I was put on levothyroxine in December. It was going well felt better but last few days have been a bit different. Last Wednesday I lost a relative and I think the shock must have made me have symptoms...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Bad day @ 3.5 months .. question!

Hi all, I posted several days ago about my overall recovery but I have a question. Today I had a “bad” day. My arms were very sore and felt heavy, fatigue, mild sore throat, mild ear ache, and minor chills. Mostly just the fatigue that freaked me out.. it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as it was near the...

Last reply
  • anxiety after mono?????

I was diagnosed with a horrible case of mono in august, and had bad brain fog and stuff, swollen spleen and liver, etc. it was pretty severe. well in about November, what started is only what I can say is hell on earth. I had massive panic attack and serious anxiety for a week and lost over 10 pounds....

Last reply
  • Going Gray from Mono???

I know getting gray hairs in my mid-30's is nothing unusual, but I swear most of them have sprouted since the mono hit me in October. I had a few before, but now they are showing up by the dozens. I know gray hairs can be related to stress, especially stress on the thyroid. Additionally, a practitioner...

Last reply
  • Recurring glandular fever / possible chronic fatigue syndrome

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there was anyone else who has had a similar experience as me  I was diagnosed with glandular fever aged 14 and spent around a month severely ill and pushed myself to get back to school/live a normal life again. Because I never allowed my body to recover, I spent the...

Last reply
  • Living with Recurring Glandular Fever Many people who c...

Living with Recurring Glandular Fever Many people who catch glandular fever (Epstein-Barr virus) recover completely, but for a significant minority, like me, the virus hides from the immune system. I believe that this ability was discovered in the late 1960s. I heard of it in a BBC science programme...

Last reply
  • NECK pain glandular fever

6 weeks in with glandular fever. Is this neck pain normal. Glands are now back down to normal. My neck pain has started up again tonight? Has anyone else got this symptom. It's making me really really anxious thinking is abnormal??? Xxx

Last reply
  • Going for a blood test on Monday!

Ive joined to help find support with why has happened to me over the last 3 weeks! I started with an on off migraine for 4 days and feeling tired. On day 5, which was a Saturday I woke up with a sore throats and feeling like I was coming down with a flu like virus. Went into work on Monday and struggled...

Last reply
  • MONTH 8

Hi everyone just an update, feel fairly OK however last few days Ive started to feel a bit dizzy again. I was put on levothyroxine in December. It was going well felt better but last few days have been a bit different. Last Wednesday I lost a relative and I think the shock must have made me have symptoms...

Posted
  • Mono effecting allergies

Hello people of the forum, I’d like to ask something. I’m wondering if anyone here is prone to allergies and has noticed there mono making there allergy symptoms different such as more severe. In my personal example, I’m really prone to indoor allergies such as mold and dust, and this moderate winter...

Last reply
  • 3ish month UPDATE - Mono (??)

Hey guys,  I just wanted to post an update on my progress for all of you who just started going through this. Recap for those of you who aren't familiar with my situation: 3+ months ago I fell ill with DEBILITATING fatigue (bed bound no energy to make myself food, even showering was a struggle...

Last reply
  • Sharing a cigarette with someone with glandular

A couple days ago I shared a cigarette with a friend who had glandular. I was an idiot for doing it I was also drunk. What are my chances that I'm infected?? I spat the cigarette out and spent a good time rinsing my mouth and lips out with water, don't know if that'd do anything. I also...

Last reply
  • Mono need help

Hi so In June I woke up one morning feeling very weak. I thought I needed to eat something but when I ate breakfast I still felt weird. I ended up having my first panic attack. My entire summer was filled with ER visits for weakness, low energy, fatigue, dizziness, off balance feeling, and generally...

Last reply
  • Month 7

Hello gang tomorrow. Will be my 7th month with this. I have somewhat made progress, however becoming hypothyroid on the way wasn't really fun.  Im still taking vitamins and stuff. Im also on levothyroxine for the thyroid. I get days still where I feel tired however its not as bad as a few months...

Last reply
  • Made a mistake - drinking with mono

Hi everyone, I’ve been having a really rough time with mono, but two friends got married last night and I decided to drink alcohol for the first time since diagnosis. BIG MISTAKE. This morning, my head hurts so very badly, my side feels tender and swollen, my stomach is a fire pit, I am lightheaded...

Last reply
  • Low to mid grade fever 3 months in

Hi all, I was diagnosed with mono on 1/12, but I am fairly certain I started exhibiting symptoms in Nov. 2017. I am in yet another wave of having a fever - it’s been 99.9-100.4 for a few days now. Everything I read online says the fever should only last 10 days with mono, but I feel like it’s hit over...

Last reply
  • Difficulty Sleeping

So I am almost 3 months in and seem to now be in the insomnia phase of the illness.  I've tried a wide range of sleep aids (short of resorting to pharmaceuticals) without much relief. I do eventually fall asleep, but it takes HOURS. I can lay there super tired and drowsy but it's like...

Last reply
  • What should I do? Help

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms at three months?? I am starting to get worried. A nurse comes in to help my dad and my mom had her look at me and she looked at me like I was absolutely crazy. It made me feel so awful as she said my symptoms were weird. As of right now has anyone experienced......

Last reply
  • late primary infection or recent reactivation

I am in my 8th Month and still have lymph nodes .2 weeks ago i felt throat pain and was feverish for 2 days .I went to the doc. and tested my EBV again .The result Said "Evidence of EBV infection at sometime.This profile is difficult to interpret.Late primary infection or recent reactivation cannot...

Last reply
  • messed up cortisol?

these symptoms have been going on for 3 months and i am baffled as to what is wrong. please read all  of these, please. and please give any informative advice if you have any. first off i want to say i am a 17 year old male, who was very healthy before all this. feel free to read my last couple...

Last reply
  • 17 yr old daughter with mono/swelling

My daughter was just diagnosed with mono yesterday.  She woke up that morning with her neck extremely swollen (like she had a double chin).  They've put her on Prednisone and Azithromysin, but her biggest concern is when will the swelling go away.  She doesn't want anyone to see...

Last reply
  • Jaw pain

Does anyone have constant jaw pain both sides? And feel like something is moving occasionally when u lie on it? X

Last reply
  • depressed :(

I am so depressed. I don’t know what to do I am too sick to eat or even get out of bee. Officially hit mark three. Every morning I wake up with severe nausea and cramps and it lasts all day. I’m dizzy to the point if I step outside or interact with anyone I am lightheaded. I am so chronically ill. I’m...

Last reply
  • Since July 2017 still suffering month 7. I can’t do this anymore

Will this actually ever go I’m asking myself now. Another crash back in bed crushing neck pain it’s so painful, all at back going up to my head, awful headaches, tiredness 10\10 again, lymph nodes still up, and one is still up above my ear. Arm pains very painful. I want to be healthy again, I’m 26 and...

Last reply
  • Mono Side Effects

So glad I've found this group.    I've been dealing with this for about 10 months now.    It comes and goes in varying degrees.   I was wondering if anyone else suffered with gallbladder problems along with it.   I had to have mine removed the end of September. ...

Last reply
  • Mono + Swollen tongue

Hi! New here, and trying to look for some proper answers. My name is Coleton, and im 19 Male. But about 2 months ago (Dec 4th 2017) I was tested positive for mono, had all symptoms. Like sore throat, swollen tonsils, with white puss on them, tiredness etc. Also a swollen tongue, so far, everything...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with mono and have no symptoms

My 18 year old son has has strep throat on and off 4 times in the last 3 months. Last week his throat swelled up again and became painful so he went to the doctor and he didn’t have strep but a mono spot test came back positive. He got blood work done to confirm he has mono and now he isn’t experiencing...

Last reply
  • Flank (back / side) pain & nausea ???

Hi all, Question. I have been having back pain on the right hand side a little lower than the ribs... along with some nausea. Could this be kidneys? Do you think it’s something else?? I no longer have the drenching night sweats I had two weeks ago but they have been replaced by this aching and almost...

Last reply
  • Antibiotics for mono???

I've run into several people over the course of my illness who swear they were diagnosed with Mono and were prescribed antibiotics and/or steroids and got over it in the blink of an eye. They think I'm crazy for having it for 3 months. I'm not even remotely considering this for myself,...

Last reply
  • Did I have mono?

Almost exactly 1 year ago at the this time out of the blue one day I became dizzy & passed out. I went to the hospital and the doctor said I was just dehydrated and gave me fluids. Almost 2-3 days later I became so sick with a fever so high I thought I was going to have to go back to the hospital....

Last reply
  • My Mono Journey

Let me preface by saying I am SO happy I found this forum! I am a (normally) active 34-yr-old female, married with a 4-yr-old. I run a small farm as well as a home business. At the end of October 2017, I felt like I came down with something: swollen, painful nodes in the throat, fever, chills, upset...

Last reply
  • Mono (glandular fever), guilt, and desperation

I've had GF for nearly ten weeks and I've been off work the whole time. The past few days I've been unable to eat or bathe or even stand long enough to brush my teeth. My friends and colleagues are starting to question all the time off, saying helpful things like "I had mono for two...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.