Normal to have a disconnected feeling?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Almost 6 weeks in through out the day I get a strange feeling like I'm not here but I am here does anybody else get this way? I can get a good night rest and wake up so tired and have a disconnected feeling. Is this normal? This virus has taking a lot from me I can't do nothing!! It's so frustrating it's making me come really depressed. I've been taking all kinds of vitamins and energy support. It's very difficulty to go to school my school don't understand if I miss one more day they are going to call CPS cause I am sick!! I can barely make it and I feel like I'm pushing my self to much. They won't work nothing out with me they already filed truancy cause I missed a months of school from this horrible virus. Anyone's thought? Does anybody else get this feeling? Hard to concentrate?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes Ravyn I had those feelings for sure. Just want you to know I'm still thinking about you. B vitamins and gingko biloba can be good to help with this kind of thing. Just want to reassure you that this will pass over, you WILL get through this and make a full recovery - I believe that 100%, hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

It's understandable Ravyn, it really is but things will get better - they really will.

• Posted

Thanks just been really emotional feeling like there is something more serious going on and it scares me even more! Does all of these symptoms sound like mono to you the pain in the back of my head, dizziness, nauseous,feeling disconnected,back hurting,neck hurting is this all very common with mono?

• Posted

100%, I had all of this along with heart palpatations, leg weakness ect. As long as you have been diagnosed with mono/Epstein Barr, I would not worry, this virus  just hangs on forever.
    • Posted

Will this eventually get better? Cause I just feel like giving up. Anything that helps you sleep better at night? Our stuff that helps keep things of your mind? I try to tell myself I'm going to be okay and read other people posts it works for a day then the next day my anxiety is back making me believe it's something worse.

• Posted

Also would you feel fine a min then all the sudden get dizzy and nauseated and real tired all of a sudden?

• Posted

Hi Ravyn,

Yes to the nausea and exhaustion, didn't have the dizziness so much( although my daughter did have bouts of dizziness) I felt like I had the flu for 11 months, I think next to the nausea the anxiety it causes is the worst symptom. I would read,  go on internet,( google only recovery stories) TV, music and my daughter would use guided meditation( she found it online) It is so hard to deal with I know.

The only good to come out of it is that I appreciate feeling good in a way I never have before.

• Posted

Hi Ravyn,

I want to reassure you like Mono too, this WILL get better and it does certainly sound like mono could be causing all of those symptoms. It's so hard not to worry, I totally understand. Sorry I've not been able to post much at the moment as been having a tough time myself - but just wanted to say that this will pass and you will be 100% better again - I went through similar and although it took a bit of time I got there with God's help.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig you are very supportive and I hope you get to feeling better your self.
    • Posted

Thanks Ravyn, that's very much appreciated. Hang in there, you will get better too, without doubt you will get through this - I believe in God for that.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Raven,

A lot of people have this tired, depressed, brain fog feeling, especially in the beginning. My granddaughter was able to go on independent study so that helped a lot.

You will get better as hard as it is to believe right now, I thought I would feel this was forever. I am  almost back to normal and this will happen for you too.

• Posted

Totally normal. I call those days "zombie days," because it feels like the living dead. Just existing. And yes, it DEFINITELY gets better! Hang in there! smile 

• Posted

Did you feel this way everyday sometimes? I really feel this way when I wake up in the morning and through out the day I just feel like I can't think straight sometimes and it really scares me. Do you know if there are lymph nodes in the back of the head?

• Posted

Did you ever get like you know what your doing but you feel like you don't just the feeling of not being you? It's really scary is this normal with mono?

• Posted

This is absolutely normal with mono and just the worst feeling ever.
    • Posted

I know exactly what you are talking about. I felt that way for WEEKS on end. All I could do was try to distract myself from how miserable I was feeling. But I promise, it DOES get better. smile And yes there are lymph nodes on the back of the head. Try to relax and not stress (hard, I know). 

The psychological effects of this illness are every bit as bad (if not worse) than the worst physical symptoms. But they will pass, I promise. smile 

• Posted

You don't think it's worth going to the doc over? Cause I don't want to go to the doc if it's normal my doc is 50 miles away and don't want to make that trip if it's normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.