Interacting with people is extremely exhausting, 9 months after EBV, help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

First diagnosed with Burn-out but soon figured I had had EBV.

Talking with people, whether close friends or colleagues, depletes me very quickly, 9 months in. While speaking to people, the world starts spinning and I feel pressure in the back of my head. Talking takes a lot of effort, like I can't access information and have to search the words.

Playing board games, making decisions in a busy supermarket, basically 'thinking' can be extremely draining.

Physical exercise is very exhausting too.

After some rest I seem to be doing better but again and again I get kicked back to square one.

Anyone who has a similar experience and/or any tips?

I miss my old extroverted life!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey,

I am on month 4 of Mono and going through the exact same things. I seem to be spacing out or getting strong neck pains if i am socializing too much or even go grocery shopping. how are you doing ? have things improved for you ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.