Mono??

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey there,

i am 18 years old and about 5 weeks ago I started to have really bad back pain and i went to the doctor and they x rayed my back and said my x-ray was normal.

2 days later i started to have joint pain along with all of the other syptoms that i listed below. then A couple day later I went back to the doctor and got blood work done and they did a blood test for everything and everything came back normal.

I have always been very active and have always had tons of energy until this all started. i cant even workout anymore , i have no energy and am just mentally drained because of how I feel . i start thinking about all of the other possible things it could be like Cancer or arthrits witch just made my depression and anxiety 10x worse. somedays are better then others, Ill have a couple good days and think I am starting to get better then the next day i feel horrible and start getting down again.

these are my symptoms

neck stiffness

upper and lower back pain

mucles aches (all over my body)

joint pain and cracking (all over my body)

no energy.

very weak hands(worse in the mornings)

stiffness(mainly in neck and hands and the stiffness is worse in the mornings it seems like.

chest pain

rib pain

itchiness

brain fog

my questions are is it normal to have joint cracking and is it normal to get negitive test with ebv?

thanks everyone

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kason,

Mono causes many weird sensations in the body, time is really the only cure. Usually the test results will say past infection.

• Posted

Yes, this happened to me not all at the same time but at different times, I experienced more symptoms than those. And my EBV panel came as negative but showed I had antibodies of it. The virus also affected my kidney function. But that's getting better now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.