Muscle twitching EBV?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. In May of 2023 i started experiencing terrible muscle cramps in my calf muscles. I had all lab work and fluids given and nothing brought relief. Early in june of 2023 i started twitching really bad in my lower legs thighs and elbows and shoulders. I was very concerned I had ALS or the beginnings of it. My PCP ordered every lab test and EMG study. the only abnormal lab result was EBV, Mono positive and low vitamin d of 27. Since then I am still twitching in different parts of body and cant seem to find what will help. I have read many people have muscle twitching from EBV. what can i do to help or get rid of this? I am so frustrated and scared and tired of this. I would really appreciate yalls feedback or help! thank yall

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

I am in my 25th month of mono. Around 3 months ago, I noticed the same symptoms as you described (I didn't have it before): crampy muscles on calves and behind my knee and on Hamstring . I noticed that it somehow is related to the metabolism: as soon as I was eating some food high in carbohydrates (rice, bread, sweet fruits...) in a matter of minutes I felt that crampy feeling in my legs. Also it was associated with severe brain fog. On PEM days (days after doing an exhausting activity), that cramp was worse. Gradually, by going keto and reducing carbo and taking short walks regularly, it subsided (still I have it slightly on and off). At the same time, my blood glucose was very unregulated.

I guess it might be related to some kind of virus (flue, a new variant of covid,...?) in combination with mono. My wife had the same symptom but in a smaller scale.

Avoid sitting for long hours, especially with your knees being bending.

Please let me know if that interventions have been helpful.

• Posted

hello,

i have had this exact same problem and concerns about the muscle twitching. i have had it since june 2021. doctors didnt understand why i was having it.

all my tests negative other than EBV. i still get the twitching mainly in legs but random ones in arms, hands and face occasionally. i just ignore it now and some days better than others but stressing about it makes it way worse. i take magnesium to help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.