10 cm ovarian cyst, will it be removed?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a 10 cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary which has been causing me a lot of pain. I had ca125 blood test which came back clear thank God, as I was very concerned about this. I was referred to the gynaecology department within 3 weeks and I have to appointment tomorrow as well as another scan tomorrow. Should I be worried this and is it likely I will have to get the cyst removed? If so how long would it normally have to for this to be done? 😕😐

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi, my cyst was from 7cm and it grew to 17cm from a span of 6 months only. dr advised me to remove coz it might risky coz cyst might turn malignant. i look 5m pregnant. i didnt mean to scare you but he just wanted to be sure enough. ca125 came back normal also which was a relief. i wasnt afraid about the surgery, i was afraid of the biopsy result, but thank God it was clear. it was just dermoid cyst with cartilage in it and some hair follicles. its so weird, at least that pesky cyst is already gone and hoping it will not come back. i have only one ovary now, and to my surprise im pregnant 33 weeks now. hope everything goes well for you, stay positive...
    • Posted

Thank you for your positive help! Made me feel better as I was worried about the pregnancy side if things if they were to remove my ovary! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
  • Posted

Normally and according to my research and what my doctor said, cysts that are over 5/6cm don't go away on their own. They would have to be surgically removed. A good surgeon, however, will always make sure to preserve your ovaries.

Did you doctor suggest laparoscopy? If that's the case, that would be a out-patient surgery.

I'm scheduled to see my doctor again too in 3 weeks. Best of luck to both of us!

• Posted

Thank you this has made me feel a bit ore relaxed! I'm at the hospital tomorrow so hopefully will find out what will be happening rolleyes. Thank you for your help and hope everything goes well with you to!!
    • Posted

Thank you!

In my experience, it's very important to get a second opinion though. I didn't have very good experience with my first obgyn. Remember, as with any profession, not all doctors are created equal.

• Posted

Hi jm

I have a 6 cm simple ovarian cyst and it doesn't bother me not sure how long it has been there. I would love to know when you have a cyst that is small what causes it to grow and rapidly too ?

I've had mine stay st 6cm since they stumbled over it over a year ago. I got all kinds of blood work I believe my CA125 was at 11 in our lab if it's over 37 it's not good . So I'm well below where the danger is.

I'm trying to dissolve or Shri k it through Chinese medicine acupuncture and a lot of prayer .It never gives me issues .

So if anyone knows what causes them in post menopause or what makes them grow so fast ?

Also anyone know the best exercise to do when you have cysts or what you should not do?

Thx Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.