10 cmOvarian Cyst and pain is getting worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 35 years old mum of two who recently diagnosed with a complex ovarian cyst. I am booked for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy on the same day on the August 20th as I also have a polyp in my uterus. My CA 125 came back with 62 so I am pretty shocked and nervous. Currently in pain constantly if I am off on my painkillers. Anyone out there with similar experience like mine, please feel free to share with me. 

Worried mum. sad

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am in a similiar situation in terms of having a cyst and surgery soon (14th August).   Mine was 22cm in June, not sure what it is now.   My CA125 was normal and I don't have any symptoms except bloating.   I've read most of the 62 pages of posts on here over the past few weeks and I'm sure I read quite a few with complex cysts and raised CA125.    I've never been told mine is simple or complex and said they won't know until they take it out and biopsy.   

The wait is the hardest part.   I am actually looking forward to having it out on Tuesday and then concentrating on recovering.  

Hope you get sorted soon x

• Posted

Hi Jules,

They found out that the cyst was complex from the MRI, it has some solid features. My doctor suspects its endometriosis. I got no bloating, or pain during the urination or bowels or intercourse. No loss of appetite or indigestion. Only that pain, the most annoying consistently overpowering pain. Sound like you dont have any pain? How did you find out that you have the cyst? 

Looking forward to hear from you after the recovery. smile

• Posted

Hi I am 7 weeks post op from having a 32 cm cyst removed which was attached to my right ovary. ca125 came back normal but never been told whether it was a complex cyst. Going for a follow up consultantation on Thursday so hoping to find out more then. I did have some pain beforey operation. My thoughts are with you
    • Posted

Hi so you got the open surgery I presume and how long did it take for the recovery? Did they send the cyst to the pathology for further diagnosis ? I have to do mine since CA was a bit high. Pls share with us your recovery journey. Looking forward to hear from you
  • Posted

I had six months of bloating, whch was getting worse.  I'd had IBS for 25 years and my dad was very ill so I thought i was having a flare-up.   But bloating got worse so went to GP.   She felt something in my upper stomach, but didn't let on (thank goodness), referred me for Ultrasound.     They said I had a cyst but nothing specific about where it was.   I was referred by the GP under 2 week rule to upper gastro team as GP thought it was more likely liver or spleen, due to position.     Had CT scan in meanwhile and then saw gastro team.   The CT scan showed ovaries was more likely origin although exact origin still isn't known due to size.  I have since read that very large cysts can grow upwards above navel like mine.  Referred to gynae who I saw three weeks ago.  Offered cystectomy or full hysterectomy.   Asked for second option as 45 years old, going into menopause. and don't want any more children.   Operation arranged for Tuesday, need open surgery due to cyst size and position.   

• Posted

Smooth surgery and speedy recovery for you. Pls share with us your recovery journey. 

You're in my prayers.

• Posted

It was open surgery the ovary had to be removed as well. It took two hours. The cyst was sent off but came back with no concerns all they call it is an ovarian cyst but I am going to ask again. Recovery had been long for me only went back to work part time yesterday due to money reasons. I had to have a catheter for two weeks as well because my bladder ripped during surgery because the cyst has 24 pints of fluid in it. So that has not helped. I was lucky to be able to go private for my operation I had a lower transerve cut for my surgery orginally I was going to have something else but the surgeon changed his mind the day before surgery
    • Posted

MRI says cyst has caused adhesion to the bladder and the bowel loops. Hopefully nothing serious. If the cyst has fluid mainly its mainly nothing to worry. Mine is solid I guess. I am going to have the key hole surgery plus removal of my polyp. Its just the waiting time that can get you really nervous.

• Posted

I know what you mean about the waiting that was awful for me
  • Posted

I know how u feel i went through the same thing about 4 months ago i had my ovary and tube taken out from the cyst i am fine now but before i had the surgery i was in pain and i had the cyst for about a year i was never hungry and always bloated hope u feel better and everything should be ok
    • Posted

How big was the cyst? Mine was 7cm 6 months ago and now 10cm so its slowing growing and I think it has twisted which is why I started to get pain a lot. I am just guessing and how was the recovery for you? When were you back on your daily routine ? I hate that part, lying on the bed in pain and depending on your family members. I like to do things on my own you see. Anyway right now my concern is on the surgery. Hope it goes well. 
    • Posted

I don't remember what the size was all i know is that it was really big that is why they removed it i was off of work for about a month i was trying to go back in 3 weeks but that didn't work i was still in pain but they say it takes 6 to 8 weeks before u are completely healed u will be ok as far as the surgery mine was ok so your will be ok to and i didn't stay in bed just take it easy your body will let u know u will be ok

• Posted

Thank you for the kind words, the closer it gets to the surgery, the pain seems to worsen. Pain killers are not that effective anymore. I was on Birth control pills to ease those hormones and it worked for sometimes and now seems like nothing works. I am just in pain constantly. Can't wait to get rid of this little b*****d.Sorry. 

• Posted

UPDATE: 5 days post op. Doctor said I have a severe endometriosis and they removed whatever they can. The endo has made my two ovaries sticked to each other behind the uterus which is why I am in terrible pain all this time. Came out of the op room after 3 hrs and started to feel the gas pain in my diaphragm and chest but not that bad. First day I just spent on the bed, was so tired and sleepy. Second day I was walking almost the whole day and around 3pm started to have gas built up in my stomach and it got worse after a light dinner. I am still in the hospital. So around 8pm I had to use enema and that made almost all the gas go out I guess. But I felt so weak and stitches pain started so the nurse gave me pain killer and I slept well that night. I was discharged after 2 nights and when I reached home no more gas in me. But I had some light bleeding till now but the doc said as long as it is not heavy and no clots coming its safe. I am scheduled to see my doctor in a week so I will update again. I am currently on bc pills and have to start the Gnrh shots when I see my docs. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.