10 Days late and spotting Help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello lovely ladies. I wrote a post last week about being late for Af. Im 41 was still getting a normal period but shorter and heavier. Well my period was due on the 4th of April and never showed. I was worried of course took 3 diffrent pregger test all negative so I know i am not. Been havng crazy symptoms since being late including extreme anxiety. Well all day yesterday felt like my period was coming bad headache heart palps very uncomfortable. I used restroom right before bed and when i wiped there was alot of brown discharge . I was like YESS!! Figurng i would wake up to a full flow but today still brown only lighter. Have any of you experienced this? Should my period be starting or should i be concerned? Any and all advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Dear renee

One of my first symptoms was spotting which would go on for weeks! I had a transvaginal ultrasound just to check everything but all was well

• Posted

My periods changed to brown discharge/spotting a few days before a proper but lighter bleed. i dont think its anything to worry about, just your hormones changing.

• Posted

hi renee,

its a normal process of going through Peri.. it goes on and off like that i guess until it completely stops. I'm not at the full meno stage I'm still in the full blown crazystage but, for me HRT has helped though lots of ladies resist and i dont blame them. It hasn't helped with the cycle but the symptoms. Its frustrating but its just a take it a day at a time thing and remember to do nice things for yourself.

• Posted

Thanks love. It feels like my period is coming but just smears of brown discharge. And im freezing cold today even though its not cold. I have no idea. Between feeling slightly dizzy gassy anxious and now freezing i wish it would just come.

• Posted

Like others have said this sounds pretty normal. I went through a few years of this and it certainly was a rollercoaster! Hold on tight! 😃

• Posted

I was late in December and I believe it was due to stress. This last year this period thing is just odd. I never had any issues when I was younger-- no cramps no nothing--it came and went. But now I'm getting everything and it takes about 2 weeks beginning to end.. I eat like a horse for about 3 days, then moody with rage, exhaustion, boobs are tender and full, left side achy may be heart palps, bottoms of my feet hurt with knee pain-- this is all about 5/6 days then I spot about a day or two WAITING for this flood. which is another 3 days. IDK--- whenever I speak to the Dr (they ask and I tell), this is all normal and due to this estrogen drop. She also advises to exercise, eat healthy and to to gain weight because often times the weight just piles on.

• Posted

Hi, Renee

I went through the same thing went to the and she told me Iam periomenpause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.