10 days on citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

well im on day 10 of the cit , have headaches ,no appetite , feel tired , bad stomache , and good mood hours and low mood hours , to morrow going up to 20mg fingers crossed , i know i have got to give it time but cant wait to level out a bit ,for all you on early days i can fully understand what you are going through we must just believe in those that have been on the med for sometime and have come through it  , if it wasnt for them i might just have given up , stay strong 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well terry o my days"!! You sound so positive. And with that attitude you will get through this quicker than most. Its not just about the meds its about well being and trying to be happy. I am on 30 CIT have done so for 12 months. And feel great. In fact I have just returned home from holiday in Spain. So you can get your life back.I thought I was cracking up. Stick with it mate all the best.
  • Posted

Good luck Terry. Day twelve for me on 10 mg, so I understand how badly we want to feel better. Reading posts here pushes me through these early days which can be difficult. It reminds me of the rewards. Keep posting and let me know how you go on the 20 mg. I will be thinking of you. Lee.
  • Posted

I'm on week five and its getting better by the day. Still get some headaches, increased anxiety etc but I know these are just physical manifestations of the brain adjusting to the meds. The good stuff definitely outweighs the bad stuff now and I am really motivated to keep going. keep going as you up the dose. I started on 20mg from the begining and found it quite tough. I am looking forward to continuing improvement over the coming weeks. My wife is also a lot happier! :-)
  • Posted

Hey Terry! Keep pushing on, you should be nearly through the worst of it about now. I'm 2 months in and its totally worth the pain when it eventually settles. Good luck and keep us posted smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.